NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE....."you can check out any time you like. But, you can never leave !"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 REFERENCE....Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I'm introducing this new topic with these classic lyrics from the song Hotel California (Eagles 1977). These lyrics very appropriately apply to most of us serious T206 "addicts".
Furthermore, I will spare you my T206 adventures, since many of you already are quite familiar with my numerous T206 sets and sub-sets.
Collecting T206's can be an enduring lifetime game (such as Golf and Tennis are). You never get tired of it.

Let's see how many Net54er's, who continuously collect T206's, plan on making it a lifetime endeavor ? Show-n-Tell us of your experiences.

My three complete sets (minus the PIEDMONT and SWEET CAPORAL Wagner cards.)

. . . . . .

FYI....most all the complexities of the T206 Monster, refer to the original T206 REFERENCE thread by clicking on this link...… T206 Reference

TED Z
Old 02-07-2020, 05:57 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Interesting topic. Where to begin? I guess I can start with, I started collecting T206's in 2010 and was quickly hooked and still continue to focus on that same set. Hi, my name is Ron and I'm an addict. A T206 non-anonymous addict. I'm a front/back collector so it's definitely a lifetime challenge. I just wish I got a sooner start in life.

Here's a link to an interview that was done on me.
http://www.thatt206life.com/2018/02/...-ron-kornacki/

Here's a link to a Blue Ink Old Mill back that I found.
http://www.thatt206life.com/2019/02/...ink-its-legit/

I also make videos on YouTube about the T206 set. I go by Uncle Nacki
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBf..._as=subscriber

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 02-07-2020, 06:11 PM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

Good post Ted. I'm relatively new to Net 54 & have been collecting T206's since 1995 when I purchased few nice horizontals at the Tuesday night PAL show in Parsippany, NJ. (@$25 bucks each)

I was only 4 short (Demmitt, O'Hara, Cobb Bat On & Off) from having all 520 as of last year. But, I had 300 raw cards I needed to get graded to improve my collection. So, I bulk submitted 100 cards at a time to PSA & got too many 2's back for my liking. I'm putting together a set in PSA 4. So, to date, I'm trying to re purchase about 35 commons & 3 HOF, in addition to the 4 big cards I was missing previously.

I love the chase. It is thrilling!
Old 02-08-2020, 01:42 PM

Great thread Ted.

I acquired my first T206 (Bresnahan w/ Bat), by trade from a guy named Matt, sometime in the mid-late 1980's, when I was somewhere around the age of 12 or 13. My brother and I were assembling a collection - my brother liked the new stuff (Gooden, Strawberry, Mattingly 1987 Fller basketball, etc), and I liked the old stuff. Until I got the Bresnahan, my favorite card was a decent-looking 1949 Bowman Musial. Regarding the Bresnahan, I thought the little card of this funny-looking man was so cool. I could tell it was old. I knew this was from when my grandparents were kids, and I loved it.

Soon thereafter I traded for a T206 Cy Young w/ Glove, which was the pride and joy of my (our) collection, until I "sold" everything to my brother for $100 (beer money) and I got to keep the Clemente rookie (later sold for $1,500). A year or so later my brother sold the whole collection at a show for $11,000! I guess I got the short end of that stick. This was all in the early 1990's... off to University of Wisconsin (go Badgers!), and my collecting days had ended.

I graduated law school in the spring of 2000. I discovered ebay that summer (while studying for the bar); and more importantly, I discovered they sold baseball cards on ebay. Bam.... off to the races. The first card I acquired was a T206 Cy Young w/ Glove. I dabbled some in T206s, but was mostly into HOF rookies - I would buy them raw and send them to PSA. About two years later I sold the collection to pay for an LLM in Tax Law, and my collecting days ended again.

About 6 years ago, John Elway came to the Chantilly Show to sign autographs. I am a die hard Broncos fan and John Elway is my #1 hero, so my wife, three kids and I all dressed in Broncos jersey's and attended the Chantilly Show. While walking toward the autograph area, I stopped at a table and purchased a raw, T206 Johnson throwing (which later was graded "A" with evidence of trimming), and again I was off to the races!

The next card I bought was my good'ol T206 Cy Young w/ Glove. This time, while I did focus some on HOF rookies, my collecting tended to the very old, and T206s were the cards that peeked my interest the most. This interest took off exponentially when I found Net54, Scot Reader's book on T206, and I learned about the backs and back-rarity; in my prior two runs, nobody really looked at, or cared for, the backs. But now I was addicted -- i loved the backs more than the fronts, and that remains mostly the case today.

I have been collecting again now for about 6 years, but more aggressively over the past 4 years, and T206s, especially rare backs and HOFers, are the constant. While I spend serious effort on Cobb, Wagner, and to a lesser degree Plank, Ruth, and Jackson, I love me some T206. And I do not think that will change. Today, the monster provides plenty of collecting entertainment:

I have a master back run (an example of every backs with a T206 front, except a T215-2); here is a link to that: https://www.flickr.com/photos/156271...57676773830297

I am working on a few player back runs: Here are links to two of those:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156271...57703248205622
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156271...57707110439454

I love Brown Old Mills and Brown Lenox: https://www.flickr.com/photos/156271...57679539932638

I eventually want a nice example of each HOF pose.

Here is a link to my T206 collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/156271...57676375209007

And, here is a picture of me and my family and John Elway!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AA Elway.jpg (16.4 KB, 98 views)
Old 02-08-2020, 02:51 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE....."you can check out any time you like. But, you can never leave !"

Ron....Bob....Ryan

Great story's guys. I really appreciate your sharing them with us.

Hey Ryan
We think alike....here's the Musial from my 1st 1949 BOWMAN set. It is the very first BB card that I had Graded (many years ago).
And there is an interesting story to go with it. I tell you about it at the Philly Show (the end of this month). Hope to see you there.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 02-08-2020, 03:11 PM

I guess I would be considered a second generation T206 nut. Collected cards and sports memorabilia with my Dad from the mid 70s through the late 80s. Dad took it to another level becoming a dealer and eventually an early adapter at selling on Ebay. He bought a lot of collections but was first and foremost a collector always keeping the best stuff for our personal collection including eventually collating a sharp T206 set. While the details are fuzzy I remember buying a collection from someone from the south which had some Cobbs and some particularly nice Southern Leaguers, many with unique penciled initials signifying ownership.

None of these cards ever saw a grading company until I became involved again and caught the fever a couple years ago. Now I am slowly reeducating myself on the set along with the new reality of grading. Goal is to the build the set to an average of PSA 4 while also trying to attain at least one example of each back. Morphing out to T205 and T207 as well. Final goal is to get one of my college age boys to eventually catch the T206 fever that me and my Dad have had off and on for 40 years.

Last edited by Bkrum; 02-08-2020 at 03:15 PM.