NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-30-2002, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Book update

Posted By: brian parker

Anyone have any information on a publish date? It has been a while since our last update on this. Or was this book all a figment of our collective imagination?

Brian

Old 08-31-2002, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Book update

Posted By: Ed McCollum

and it sounds like a waiting game. Seems the book is done, just hasn't had ink hit paper yet. Perhaps a query to Doug Allen would be of help.

Old 08-31-2002, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Book update

Posted By: JamesW

I am working on a checklist of T206's with the different front and back combinations.

Basically using both the Monster and Mystery books as a guideline for series information and eBay for actual backs.

If anyone would like to help out by emailing a list of the T206's you have along with the various backs (include factory information as needed i.e. Sweet Caporal 350/460 backs and others) it would be greatly appreciated.

All this information is being put into a database so that the information can be easily retrieved. If someone wants to know what cards were issued with Carolina Brights backs it's easy to get the list. Or if someone wants to get a list all front and back combinations for Hal Chase, it's easy to get. Or if someone wants a list of all front and backs for any team it's easy to get. I think you get the picture by now.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

James Walker

Old 08-31-2002, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Book update

Posted By: Doug Allen

Admittedly I have become the boy that cried wolf. The previous report is accurate...been done for months...picked a printer just need to get it laid out.

No promises on dates. There is a brief window now that August is done before our November auction so I'll have to see what can be done.

By the way the book will contain an appendix that includes every know back combination.

I did provide an article for Vintage Beckett on T206 backs...much of it redundant information from the VCBC article; but some additional information on values.

Take care and sorry.

Old 08-31-2002, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Book update

Posted By: David

Doug, did you notice that the T206museum is out? Whether temporary or permanent I don't know.

Are you going to get a Dough Allen hologram for all the autographed copy requests? At the least send a few signature examples for James Spence's records.

As you haven't mentioned the book in a while, you haven't been crying wolf. The only time to seriously worry would be if people didn't pester you about it.

Old 08-31-2002, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Book update

Posted By: JamesW

Hey David, looks like it is still up. Typed the URL and got this message:

"This website www.t206museum.com is currently unavailable due to exceeded monthly traffic quota. Please visit again later."

James Walker, Jr.

Old 08-31-2002, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Book update

Posted By: leon

That you did for Beckett Vintage Magazine. I had lunch with Wayne and Rich yesterday and they gave me a hoard of their mags and the big price guide book......very nice T206 article you did for them.....although, I am sure not as comprehensive as the book that is coming.......take care......and best regards

Old 08-31-2002, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Book update

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Leon
Which volume of Vintage Beckett is Doug's article in?
Can you buy a copy at the newstand or do you have to subscribe? thanks brian

Old 08-31-2002, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Book update

Posted By: David

Theoretically Beckett Vintage is at the newsstands, but I've never seen one in my area. I think Beckett sells their back issues individually.

Old 08-31-2002, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Book update

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Thanks David
I'll check the website. I've been looking forward to the new book since Doug metioned it might be out at the national. A signed copy would be a great Christmas present. be well brian