NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 09-22-2020, 05:36 PM

Default removing an autograph from a photo

Appreciate some help. Need to remove an autograph from a photo.
Suggetions please
Old 09-22-2020, 05:59 PM
John Smithwick

What type of ink and what type of picture.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:57 AM

Default Removing an autograph

iT IS A SHARPIE AUTO ON A GLOSSY PHOTO. THE PHOTO IS A TYPE 1 THAT I REALLY LIKE BUT I SENT IT TO PSA TO HAVE THE AUTOGRAPH AUTHENTUCATED AND THEY REJECTED IT.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:35 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

You should post it here. PSA offers an opinion. It doesn't mean they are always correct. That is not meant to bash them. Its merely a statement of fact. Opinions, from anyone can be incorrect. Before you spending time and energy and risk ruining the photo, it might be worth posting here for opinions. I have seen many cases where items,known to be real, needed to be resubmitted multiple times before they got approved.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 09-23-2020, 08:42 AM

Default Autographed photo

i HAVE ATTACHED IT ALONG WITH THE AD IT WAS USED IN. I THOUGT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO SOMEONE THAT WORKED FOR VESS OR DRAWING, ETC. WE WILL NEVER KNOW. ANYWAY
THANK YOU FOR ANY INPUT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEORGE BRETT VESS COLA 1.jpg (69.5 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg VESS COLA 2.jpg (79.4 KB, 203 views)
Old 09-23-2020, 01:17 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

I am no expert on Brett autos, but the first thing that comes to mind is whether or not that is an autopen or preprinted some how.
I think you might want to either rename this thread or start a new tbread with the tital asking for help. It might get more attention than your current title.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 09-23-2020, 01:22 PM

If it's marker on a photo a dry eraser should do the trick. If it's pre-printed, nothing will get it off.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:45 PM

Default Brett vess cola photo

For sure it is a sharpie.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:46 PM
J Stone

I'd try to find another copy of the same piece/photo. If you can, compare the "signatures" and if they are exactly the same you know it's a pre-print. One thing that might give some hope is that the signature on the photo doesn't match the "Gege Blutt" signature on the ad.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:23 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I don’t really know George Brett autos, but why would someone forge his auto on a photo like this with personalization that so closely matches the signature on the ad. Without further research I would think it’s authentic. THe photo is the collectible here not the auto.
Old 09-24-2020, 06:52 AM

Default Auto removal

i AGREE WITH YOU, THE PHOTO IS THE ONLY ONE OF THIS AD I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ALL MY YEARS OF COLLECTING HIS PHOTOS. PERSONALLY, I THINK IT WAS GIVEN TO SOMEONE WITHIN THE COMPANY OR AN EMPLOYEE WHO WON IT, ETC. BUT WE WILL NEVER KNOW
Old 09-24-2020, 08:06 AM

The best way to remove sharpie from a glossy photo is to write over it with an expo marker, and use a tissue to erase the ink. Works like a charm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHVuYR_Kg78
Old 09-24-2020, 09:00 PM
edward

It was probably produced as a publicity photo and they had George Brett inscribe it that way for an ad or something and for some reason they never used it except as a plain photo.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:06 PM
Curt

I have found that promotional photos, made or used specifically for a player appearance, to be extremely difficult to find later. I have searched Steve Garvey appearances online for example and have seen several different signings with stacks of photos shown in a picture; from that event and were being given away at that time and yet never seen even one offered for sale (on ebay at least).

I realize that most people getting a freebie at a signing are going to keep them, but you'd think some would make their way to market eventually. I have a few other photos that I have only seen once or twice in 20+ years of online collecting.

Maybe this Brett was a promotional image that was used for an appearance and is similar in nature to what I describe above. It is also possible it was a company perk (Brett signs a few and they are given away to top employees or a raffle) or maybe a prototype made up for the ad that was signed and kept by an employee. Lots of mysteries like that that only the right people know the answer and sometimes that answer goes to the grave with them, I bet.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:12 PM

Default Brett auto

i AGREE, THIS IS THE ONLY ONE OF THESE I HAVE SEEN IN MANY YEARS OF COLLECTING. I HAVE SEVERAL AND THEY SEEM TO BE RARE.