NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Default Character Assassination

Posted By: Mark

I did not intend on trying to explain myself and/or this situation to some of the idiots on this board,but seeming that there are some who find a real joy in making false statements, passing judgement or just purely enjoy talking out of their ass......

First, I want to thank those that have come to my defense or have said kind words about me. (I am not that much of a monster...)

Second, I am going through serious personal issues which make pieces of cardboard seem completely irrelevant and unnecessary.

Also as an FYI - I do not have access to a computer on a daily basis.

With that being said, I move on to the issue at hand.

Initially upon learning of the “disappearing” cards, I was rather upset. Afterwards, I apologized to Dave and explained that I intended on settling the matter with him, but had some major issues to contend with.

Today I sent Dave several cards to complete this “supposed” deal. By the way, the package was sent Priority Mail w/Del. Conf. And $500 Insur. And lots of tape - see below). Regardless of this I still do not feel the whole story is known as of yet. I was waiting to see if this all adds up, not from Dave or Leon but from the US Postal service; meaning someone who would know what they are talking about.

But with my character assassination that is taking place here on Net54, I felt I needed to seal my deal with Dave now. And then wait for the truth to come out and take it from there.....

For all the USPS genius on the board, did you know a US Postal Inspector is still reviewing the situation.

Or that a USPS employee claimed that in 25 years he had never seen a “received without contents” stamp....hmm. He explained that the box, if it had been opened somehow, it would not have been re-sealed or closed and then mailed. It would have been placed in a transparent bag, and then mailed. Or quite possibly returned to sender.

For those packaging genius out there, did you know that I mailed out three packages that day - all the same exact way, that is to say, so incredibly careless without tape, staples, glue or chains and somehow two actually arrived safely; someone in the back of the USPS truck must have added tape on the boxes for me.

I must have mailed easily 500 packages over the past six years and this is the ONLY one that somehow became an issue....interesting.

Also, for the record - this deal was not consummated directly from the Net54 B/S/T. We tried a deal at first, but it fell through, as Dave needed the cash right away.

Then the trade was agreed upon but as a spin-off from an eBay listing; which was ended early. I paypal $800 to him within 2 minutes of the de-listing off of eBay and mailed the D322 and E100 within two days.

My main issue is that I do not understand why the postal service would mail a package that was empty? What would be the purpose in providing this service to the sender. To mail CT air to GA?
Secondly, how would the postal service know that the box was indeed empty?

Things just do not add up.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

So Mark, it sounds like you are saying that Dave has been acting in a less than honest manner, and you suspect he had something to do with the "disappearance". Am I understanding you correctly or not?
-Rhett

Old 12-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bigfish

I would have no problem doing deals with you and think you are a trustworthly person. Hope your future transactions go easier. I have done deals with both parties without any issues. Hope this can be resolved so we can start talking about vintage cards and the Red Sox winning the world series this year.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Mark...I'm surprised you want to actually get into this on here...but that is fine.

First...spin it how you want to. Not a BST deal? The card was on the BST which is where we first started discussing it. "WE made a deal at that point....AFTER making a deal you then say you need time to get the cash end together. Excuse me...what???!!!! Most people that offer cash as part of a deal either have the cash at hand or say "i'd be willing to throw in X amount of dollars but will need X time to get it together. No...you waited until after I we both agreed on the deal...then I'm waiting on you for a few days with nothing...so yes, I said at that point I needed to go a different direction. It did end up on eBay, and then we started talking again at some point and I pulled it off ebay....I guess you want to spin this as it was on eBay deal instead of a deal between two members here....whatever.

As far as the packaging goes, your pretty much again making me out to look like a thief. Guess what Mark, I don't need freaking $600 that damn bad! If I did, I wouldn't be collecting pre-war baseball cards!!!

Then you say all your packages are sent this exact same way??? No tape or anything??? Well, this one I don't even need to respond to...everyone can see what the deal here is.

The Post Office has never seen "received without contents".....

Are you freaking kidding me Mark? My wife talked to someone with the P.O. that very next day and that postal worker has seen that before....more than a few times....

Its funny you talk about character assassination here....basically what it looks like your pointing me out to be guilty of is mail fraud. Am I correct?

Oh and by the way...I like the "I cant get on the computer that often". You were on it a few times today...after a week of not answering my or Leon's email to you. And yes..I know you had been on there before today....I know you cussed someone else out in another email....your making quite a reputation for yourself, you don't need my help.

Dave

Old 12-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

A ****in waste....

Old 12-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I will say this...Mark and I entered into a deal about a month ago and he told me at that time it would take some time to get the cash together as he was having some personal issues (that I did not ask about). I believe he truly does not have everyday access to the computer as I told him it was fine and I would hold the card for him until he can get the money together and in the mean time I asked him to send me his address so I could get the package ready...Never did hear from him until I received his payment in the mail. Our transaction was completed in good faith and everything was fine.

This is truly just a sad situation as I believe both of these guys are upstanding members of the Net54. Hate to see this. Some bastard at the USPS probably stole those cards.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

Do a Google search on "received without contents" in quotations and you will find many people with the same problem.

Here is a link to all postal handstamps. The animal you're looking for is in the DAMAGE section.

http://www.postal-markings.org/listing.html

Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

sue everybody!

Ted Kennedy when asked about Bush 41/Iraq!

BcD

Old 12-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Patrick McHugh

This is a very tough situation for both of these guys. I think they are both upfront honest and standup people. This whole thing was caused by other people or person. You can go into the responsibility game but in reality someone other than these 2 guys really is the jerk.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason

Ted Kennedy is a babbling idiot. As for my opinion on this matter.....if I were going through some difficult time I would think I would put baseball cards on hold because they become the least important thing on my list. If this were the case in Mark's situation, maybe it would have been better to not jump the gun so quickly. I think this issue needs to be dealt with on a personal level and not aired out here.

Jason

Old 12-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

There have been plenty of people called out on something in the past whether it be on ebay or not for something supposedly done wrong. Why is it different then if the person involved is an active member of this board? I would think this is the place to talk about those instances since the B/S/T board is directly related to this board, more so than ebay. Nothing wrong with keeping people informed on people they may potentially deal with.

Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Mark and Dave, you are both very welcome to deal with me. Dan.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

I've had several successful transactions with both guys.

Mark and Dave, you are both very welcome to deal with me. Steve

Old 12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

......My main issue is that I do not understand why the postal service would mail a package that was empty? What would be the purpose in providing this service to the sender. To mail CT air to GA?
Secondly, how would the postal service know that the box was indeed empty?......

to answer these questions and others

they delivered an empty box because what else are they supposed to do with it? The address is there.

and they knew it was empty because it was open and they looked inside and saw nothing.

and they only put damaged mail in plastic bag when there are pieces that need to be kept together. An empty box didn't need this attention.

And we all know you sent the cards and that someone in the mail service stole it. Personally i think it's an injustice that we need to buy insurance to protect our packages from the service provider.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

And we all know you sent the cards and that someone in the mail service stole it.

Maybe not..........It could very well be that the item(s) got thrown from the box and are now in some lost and found area.

Steve