NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-14-2021, 07:27 PM
Phil

Default Getting a Partial Refund on an eBay Purchase

I purchased semi and high-number lots from a seller on eBay. There were 25 cards that didn't match the description and he agreed to accept those cards and refund that amount of the purchase. When I tried to go through eBay it automatically assumed that I wanted a full refund, which I don't. How can I go about establishing the refund that the seller agreed to without requiring me to cancel and return the entire group?
Old 06-14-2021, 07:31 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

You will need to work directly with the seller for a partial refund. eBay does not differentiate between partial and full refunds.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:52 PM
Chris Eberhart

I have received partial refunds from sellers on ebay. I believe it has to originate from the seller side of the transaction.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:12 PM
Al Stein

I think that's right. The seller can offer a partial refund, and then you can reply to accept. I just went through the process last week.

I bought a 2-card lot, one card was fine but the other had a ding. I asked to return and the seller offered a partial refund, which I accepted. The funds came back through PayPal and i sent the one card back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2021, 08:40 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Did you ask the seller? Seems like he's more than willing to accommodate your needs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 06-14-2021, 09:55 PM
Phil

Yes, he made the offer and I accepted it. The only concern was that the refund would be sent to my PayPal account which would be outside eBay's protection, or at least that's my assumption. The seller is on the level, but by sending it out through USPS where I would have to pay the initial postage cost, which the seller will reimburse, what other protection would I have outside of purchasing extra insurance?

Thank you.

Phil aka Tere1071
In the early stages of working on 1970 and 1972 Topps Baseball sets.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:53 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere1071 View Post
Yes, he made the offer and I accepted it. The only concern was that the refund would be sent to my PayPal account which would be outside eBay's protection, or at least that's my assumption. The seller is on the level, but by sending it out through USPS where I would have to pay the initial postage cost, which the seller will reimburse, what other protection would I have outside of purchasing extra insurance?

Thank you.

Phil aka Tere1071
In the early stages of working on 1970 and 1972 Topps Baseball sets.
If you want to stay within the eBay protection your only recourse is to have the entire sale refunded. If you trust the seller, and it sounds like you do. Then you will have to complete any transactions outside of the eBay system.

Any additional insurance will be on you and the seller to cover the partial deal.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:27 AM
Al Stein

Phil- Here is my ebay message explaining my partial refund. I would think yours would be the same. Note that although I agreed with the seller to return the card, ebay is not requiring it. So the seller is the one without protection, I got my refund so I am good.

You've received a refund for Luka Doncic RARE ORANGE LASER PRIZM DONRUSS SPECIAL CARD - Well Centered + Mint!

eBay
You received a refund for this item

Hi ALAN,

You have accepted the partial refund for Luka Doncic RARE ORANGE LASER PRIZM DONRUSS SPECIAL CARD - Well Centered + Mint!, and the seller has refunded you $66.00.

You don't need to return this item to the seller - you can keep the item. You can view details of this return on eBay.