NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 04-03-2021, 06:01 PM
Dave

Default Formula 1 : Drive To Survive on Netflix

Anybody catch this "reality" series on Netflix?

3rd season dropped a few weeks ago, and as usual, it's crackerjack.

It's even got me looking at Formula 1 cards on Ebay, LOL!

Having not seen any spoilers, Episode 9 of the new season may be one of the most intense and panic inducing installments of a television show I have ever seen.

That whole episode from beginning to end was a pure rollercoaster.

It's "Deadliest Catch" for the uber rich.

Trailer below.

https://youtu.be/wtJPe1ksS6E

Don't see any way to directly embed a Youtube video onto this forum.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 04-03-2021 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:26 PM
Rick

Sounds interesting. I'm a long time autosports fan.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:58 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I've watched all 3 seasons and became a F1 fan after the first season. Very enjoyable!

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 04-07-2021 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:22 AM
Rick

BTW - On this day, Jimmy Clarks fateful accident at Hockenheim

3/4/36 - 4/7/68
Old 04-19-2021, 08:38 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post

Having not seen any spoilers,
I get it, they call them "wings," but aren't they really just spoilers?

Successful transactions with:
300dw123, autograf, bn2cardz, buymycards, CobbvLajoie1910, Daves_resale_shop, frankbmd, GoCubsGo32, GoldenAge50s, GrayGhost, Head928, Jayworld, jdl860, jgmp123, kamikidEFFL, larrie804, Leerob538, lharri3600, Lordstan, megalimey, Orioles1954, quinnsryche, Redleg25, rjackson44, Rob D., SAllen2556, scmavl, slantycouch, slipk1068, Smanzari, TCMA, thetruthisouthere, Wolfgang427, yanks12025, ZackS
Old 04-19-2021, 09:03 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Netflix

I have been a F1 fan since I was a kid and got my first Strombecker racing set.

The Drive to Survive is excellent.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:26 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post

LOL, touche'
Old 04-19-2021, 09:46 AM
Dave

I think NASCAR would be smart to do whatever they could to get the makers of this to do a similar show for them. I think it would spark more interest in their brand.

F1 has always kind of fascinated me, but I've never been able to get into NASCAR myself. I like the different cars, the different tracks, the seemingly more chaotic aspects of F1.

I say this knowing full well that NASCAR is a much more fair and equitable sport to the athletes driving the cars.
Old 04-19-2021, 04:20 PM
Jon Canfield

Here's a taste... this has got to be one of the most intense 6 minutes I've watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YMjw2sjXqU
Old 04-20-2021, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post

Really Tim, in actuality, it's a matter of the semantics from two different countries, whose language is the same, yet quite diverse. The British say "wings" for the devices built upon a racing car that help with downforce, stability, air flow, etc. We Americans use the term "spoilers" to refer to the exact same thing. Perhaps you've heard the British say "bonnet" and "boot" in the same way we say, respectively, "hood" and "trunk". Cheers. ---Brian Powell
Old 04-21-2021, 03:50 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
Here's a taste... this has got to be one of the most intense 6 minutes I've watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YMjw2sjXqU
That was crazy!! I had to google it before I watched anymore as I thought, despite it being on a dated video, there is no way I am going to watch a man burn to death.

What really stuck out in my mind, besides the fact he walked away from this, was where were all the safety vehicles with numerous personal with numerous fire extinguishers???

I guess I am used to watching NHRA and seeing the safety Safari right on top of things even before the car has come to a complete stop, but I couldn't believe how long it took anyone with any FX's to get there and how few of them there were!

Last edited by irv; 04-21-2021 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:03 AM
Adam

Yeah, I watched that race live last season. When it happened, I thought there was no way Grosjean survived. No way. My daughter was watching the race with me, and she started crying and praying after it had become apparent what had happened. We had a talk about how dangerous race car driving is, and that sometimes accidents happen.

It took what seemed like an eternity before they showed us that he had survived. After the crash, the cameras just showed different things around the paddock and the commentators talked. I assume that the Sky TV producers figured (like the rest of us) that he was dead, and didn't want to show the gruesome details on tv. When they finally confirmed that he was alive and showed the replay of him coming out of the car, it was an amazing sigh of relief, and near disbelief. I mean, how could he have possibly survived that crash at that speed? His car was ripped in two pieces.

Incidentally, Grosjean was in the final season of his F1 contract, and it was believed that he would retire from racing. However, he has now begun racing the United States this year in the IndyCar league. I can't imagine that his wife and children and thrilled about that. Dude has balls of steel, that's for sure.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:28 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
Yeah, I watched that race live last season. When it happened, I thought there was no way Grosjean survived. No way. My daughter was watching the race with me, and she started crying and praying after it had become apparent what had happened. We had a talk about how dangerous race car driving is, and that sometimes accidents happen.

It took what seemed like an eternity before they showed us that he had survived. After the crash, the cameras just showed different things around the paddock and the commentators talked. I assume that the Sky TV producers figured (like the rest of us) that he was dead, and didn't want to show the gruesome details on tv. When they finally confirmed that he was alive and showed the replay of him coming out of the car, it was an amazing sigh of relief, and near disbelief. I mean, how could he have possibly survived that crash at that speed? His car was ripped in two pieces.

Incidentally, Grosjean was in the final season of his F1 contract, and it was believed that he would retire from racing. However, he has now begun racing the United States this year in the IndyCar league. I can't imagine that his wife and children and thrilled about that. Dude has balls of steel, that's for sure.
I didn't realize Grosjean was still racing. Doesn't quite surprise me as these guys are a different sort. Niki Lauda being the first obvious example that jumps to mind.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:35 PM
Jon Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I didn't realize Grosjean was still racing. Doesn't quite surprise me as these guys are a different sort. Niki Lauda being the first obvious example that jumps to mind.
And he came back in the same season no less to still challenge for the Championship. Insane.