NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-27-2002, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Default 1956 Adventure Max Schmeling.

Posted By: Alecs

Way more out of proportion all the way. I do not feel good about how this transpired so I propose this : I will mail 1956 Adventure Max Scmeling free of charge. No shipping, no payment, nothing. I will even send to a third party of recipients choosing for authentication and final delivery if desired. What I ask in return is IF you are satisfied with the card as it was described in the auction please pay the $257. No shipping charges at all. Please do not pay less than $230 (if it is worth less than this to you, then I guess return). Now you could just keep it. I am willing to take that risk because I know what I feel like when I think things get way out of proportion. I make mistakes. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of them. I have received this card back in the mail and notified paypal to give up full amount. I see they haven't yet. I will do whatever on my part to let paypal know this. If they deduct for fees or shipping I will personally refund this. I'm not saying I'm a good guy, just I feel badly about all this after having time to think on it. This is all I can come up with to make it right. If someone here has another idea that is acceptable I will go along with that. But here it is in writing : I WILL SEND CARD ON FAITH. No implied contract whatsoever. If you like it PLEASE pay for it; and if not then return it. I am not trying to stir up anything at all. Feel free to have a third party contact me maybe on this forum I don't know for delivery. Or if not I won't post again. Not tryin' to stir up anything. After thinking and many admonishments trying to do the right thing. (god, please don't tell me I'm gonna go get mature !) Little joke. Hope to hear soon. 1000 apologies if nothing else

Old 07-27-2002, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1841901716

Old 07-27-2002, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Won by a legit bidder with a legit bid. I will waive all shipping fees. By the way, the way I arrived at the $13 shipping was not an intent to gouge : $8.05 for insurance and delivery confirmation, $1.05 for bubble wrap mailer, $2.50 for thickest, hardest card holder I could find. This comes to $11.60. I just figured $13 to be safe and then maybe my time was worth $1.40. I even put it in a ziploc freezer bag before the bubble pack so it wouldn't get any moisture.

Just tryin' to do the right thing here. If this ain't it let me know.

Old 07-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I don't think I've seent aht card without the swastika before. Did they make a change during the press run?

Jay

Old 07-27-2002, 07:31 PM
Administrator

It has the swastika. Edited scan for eBay. (pretty good, huh). I'd say email me for a scan; but this card should be the property of someone else. I will send to whomever he approves for verification and delivery.

I feel badly about this and not sure what else to do. Don't stop givin' up the unsolicited advice not that it is solicited! ( another bad joke. don't need more problems )

Old 07-28-2002, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I couldn't figure out why your feedbacks were good yet your behavior was so inconsistent with the feedbacks. Hey, we all have bad weeks, I guess (I usually just kick the cat and leave it at that, though, rather than sending out false police reports and making crank calls).

FYI, if you are going to edit a scan of a card (which I assumed was what you did to comply with anti-Nazi paraphernalia laws or rules of some eBay jurisdictions) you may want to mention it in the text of the description.

Old 07-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Administrator

I figured most would know what the card was, and that was why in huge purple letters I said to ask for another scan. I did not want to say ti was edit in case that would be yet another eBay way to get popped. I listed it regular once and was removed.

I have unedited scan if needed. What do you want me to do with it now? ( aside from inserting it places, etc. )

Additionally, as it seems EVERYONE on here has been dicked on eBay more than once, don't you think that the reason for my disclaimer is that I have? On EVERY RETURN I have paid for shipping both ways. So I always lose money. But I seriously don't want anyone to be unhappy. I don't sell investments, just collectible. ( see description of Dimaggio and Williams autograph )

As to my credibility, my items come from the collection of Tom Galik. He died in 1995. He owned Fielders Choice - three card shops in Ohio. He was a regular advertiser in SCD, and still has a credit line in the year end price guides for his contributions. He is ( was ) fairly well known. I am partners with his son in other matters, so I do the selling and he does the shipping. For obvious reasons he refuses to deal with customers in any way. All pricing and refunding and anything is solely my discretion. We have been doing it this way for 15 years.

Also, credibility, I have sold 7 YES SEVEN of these Schmelings in the last six years or so. I just sold one recently ( the past week ) to someone who reads this board. This is my last one. Incidentally I have the complete set I am parting out.

This should explain different names, etc. I will provide any more business backgound information or any other information that is wanted. If paypal money is not back IN FULL tell me what to do because I don't know. I will do whatever with the card also.

Old 07-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Administrator

what to do with it then.

No one has let me know so I will bid adieu. Just thought I would offer up the olive branch. Not sayin' I was wrong, not sayin' anyone else was either. Just avoidin' that and figured I would make last attempt to deliver product of it was actually wanted.

No one has contacted me on anyone's behalf, so I do have another buyer, at a higher price actually, so I will go that route and not bother this board further. Just offerin' up after careful personal consideration.

anyways