NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Sean Brennan

Default would anyone be interested in doing a beaters trade thread

I assume Im not the only cheapskate on this board. So I wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a trade thread for beaters to help people fill in sets.
For example:
everyone posts what they are looking for and what they got. Then we can each come to this thread and see whats available and perhaps save a little bit of time (I dont have much luck creating a wanting to buy thread).
By the way i am thinking of renaming myself Mr. Poor-fair.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Count me in-I have a few beaters I will trade for some set fillers of my own!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default as a collector of......

As a penultimate collector of rare and historical items, of which only the absolute highest grade will suffice, we find this suggestion reprehensible!!!! Mere neophytes will be the only ones involved in this kind of malarkey.

Actually, I think it's a great idea......I love my poor-vg cards.....
Old 04-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Dynarl Broughman

Default Great idea

Count me in!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Jeff

Default I'm in

Sounds great!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Chris

Default Status Quo

I like the one-stop-shop BST. I caution that if this idea blossoms, there will be a high-end section, a rare section, a graded section, etc. Based on the above posts, let the criticism of my opinion begin...
Old 04-22-2010, 08:43 AM
pete ullman

The BST is just that...a place to buy...sell...and trade! Just post cards you want to trade...and see what happens?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I should note

I should also note that our BST section gets a TON of traffic....so it's not like it's broken. I sold 3 cards just yesterday. I am all for trying new stuff too.....but at the same time if it ain't broken, so the saying goes......Maybe we should do a poll and let the members vote? I can't see one thread on the main forum being an issue but it could dilute what we have.....and no way do I want to see different BST's for different "grades" of cards. I just thought this idea was kind of neat but what do I know??
Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Jimmy M

Default Cards Wanted

Maybe we can use this as more of a Want List. I know (myself included) many people include their wants as part of their signature already or on their profile page - but it might be neat to put an ongoing list or thread together. Some prefer to stay anonymous with their wants, for fear of having others bid against them...but I've seen many, many times where fellow collectors will be on the 'lookout' for friends and alert them when they see an item. To each their own! Just an idea. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Sean Brennan

The main reasoning behind this is that there are seemingly very few people that want to bother selling their one beater t206 for $10. I find with the cheapies that trading has proven more fruitful then buying. For example I've posted at least a dozen times about buying t202 beaters with no responses. However I've trade t202 beaters twice in the past year. My idea was simply to have one thread dedicated to collectors wants and what they have to trade. Perhaps cards with values of less then $200. The rich guys have auctions galore of thousand dollar plus lots filled with cards they need. I don't feel we need other higher grade threads. There are always plenty of high dollar posts in B/S/T. This was just an idea to help and organize us cheapies
If leons ok we can start an official one anytime (ill post mine tonight). There seems to be some interest and I don't think this new thread will take away from all the other talk.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Todd C

a want or trade list sounds great to me