NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 03-17-2014, 01:38 PM
John

Default Question: 1960 Topps #56 Forest Gregg

Hi All,

Hoping to get a little help on this one (maybe from someone who collected this set or a Packers fan). Does Forrest Gregg have scars on his face in real life (doubtful since not seeing this on other cards) or do all/some of these cards have a print defect?

The ones I've seen look similar to the one linked below with one line over his left eye and one line to the left/near his chin. It seems more or less distinct in different cases, but it may be due to scan quality as they all seem to have it. Thanks.

http://www.footballcardgallery.com/1...Forrest_Gregg/

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 03-17-2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: clarifications
Old 03-18-2014, 05:22 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

I need just five more cards to complete the '60 Topps football set and one of the cards I'm missing is #56! So I couldn't check!
Old 03-18-2014, 07:45 PM
John

I understand - good luck with the last five!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Marty

Maybe this is just due to the way the shading was depicted when the card was painted? I had always assumed that this set was made using the flexichrome process, where an original (black and white?) photograph was painstakingly colorized with ink/dye. Not quite sure why they would have done this, as color photography could have been used, but I will add that the "painting" feel to the set makes it one of my favorite football sets.

All just assumptions on my part - can anyone verify if the flexichrome process was used for this set? I think the 1962 Post football set was also done this way.