NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-01-2018, 03:01 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Default eBay message regarding paypal - scam?

Been away at work all day and immediately after a package got delivered i got this message through eBay.

"Hello I see your package has been delivered. Thanks for the purchase! If you could please do me a huge favor and go to paypals website (not the app) and click on activity then the original purchase and mark that you received your package that way paypal will release the funds to my account instantly if you can't then i have to wait 3 more days. That would help me a lot! Thanks again have a great day!!!"

This message came before I got the message that the package was delivered. I got the same exact message at 4:20 PM.

Is this some sort of scam? This has never happened to me. Or is this person really trying to get his hands on the money.

I'll be getting the package in about an hour - Hopefully the package isn't empty!

Any advice?

edit to say - this seller doesn't have a lot of feedback but its all positive - 29 in the last 30 days and this is only a $30 item. Not a lot of risk here for me. I'm sure its fine but very strange.

Last edited by Marchillo; 10-01-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:29 PM

He sent this message post delivery which means he is operating under the assumption you have already opened your package and are happy with the results.

I am leaning towards a legitimate seller who is hoping to have his funds released quickly. When you verify the contents of your package, give him positive feedback and release his funds as he gave instructions to do.

Last edited by Sean1125; 10-01-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:16 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I would agree. It's probably a new guy with restrictions until he completes enough positive transactions.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:57 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Thanks guys. I haven’t had a chance to fully go through my packages (son is still awake) and he’s sent me a third message on this. That’s a bit much.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchillo View Post
Thanks guys. I haven’t had a chance to fully go through my packages (son is still awake) and he’s sent me a third message on this. That’s a bit much.
Well, in his defense, it does kind of stink that his item is "gone" and he hasn't received his money yet. I understand him being a new seller, and that is the way it works....just put yourself in his shoes.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:18 AM
Steve Birmingham

Stuff like this is part of why I stopped selling on Ebay a few years ago. When I started, most people were reasonable. As they grew, the usual person got way too needy.

The item got delivered, Three messages asking the same thing in under what? 12 hours? That's just obsessive. Not everyone can or will reply instantly.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:05 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Stuff like this is part of why I stopped selling on Ebay a few years ago. When I started, most people were reasonable. As they grew, the usual person got way too needy.

The item got delivered, Three messages asking the same thing in under what? 12 hours? That's just obsessive. Not everyone can or will reply instantly.
I finally got to take the cards out of the soft sleeves this morning to really look at them before my wife and son woke up (5:45 AM). They were 9 cards from 2018 - the way they were put into a team bag - 4 of them have a questionable corner (obviously the way they were packed). Anyways that's just an observation but the point is I wanted to really look at the cards before I considered his request. The cards aren't bad enough to return or anything like that. With that being said he sent a 4th message overnight and a 5th message this morning. At this point I'm annoyed.

Last edited by Marchillo; 10-02-2018 at 10:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Ben North

Quote:
I finally got to take the cards out of the soft sleeves this morning to really look at them before my wife and son woke up (5:45 AM). They were 9 cards from 2018 - the way they were put into a team bag - 4 of them have a questionable corner (obviously the way they were packed). Anyways that's just an observation but the point is I wanted to really look at the cards before I considered his request. The cards aren't bad enough to return or anything like that. With that being said he sent a 4th message overnight and a 5th message this morning. At this point I'm annoyed.
Just leave him feedback so he can get his money. I have had this happen before and it sucks waiting for your cash if you really need it. I know most on here look at $30 as nothing but to some $30 makes a big difference.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Eric Perry

5 messages in less than 24 hours? Poorly packaged? Damaged cards? I would make a note of their user ID and consider not doing business with them again.

Quote:
Old 10-04-2018, 07:48 AM

FWIW

All he did ask you to verify was that you received the package, which you had when he made the request. It wouldn't have voided your buyer protection or anything by opening the package later so you could have technically honored his request much sooner than waiting for you to have an opportunity to open.

With that being said, 5 Messages is certainly annoying.

Last edited by murphy8276; 10-04-2018 at 07:50 AM.