NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 07-05-2022, 07:22 PM
Curt

Default Hank Aaron Front Row

I know that Front Row did a lot of signed cards back in the 90s. I remember seeing a lot of different sets, but I never really looked into the company a whole lot. I recall they typically came in bags (kind of like Star Co sets, but maybe not actually sealed) with a little certificate. The unfortunate part is that the certificated didn't match up to a card with a number or anything else that could prevent someone from taking a good card and cert and pairing the good cert with a bad card.

However, I also have seen a number of these that clearly were not part of those sets, don't come with any cert and appear to have been either signed at a later signing or are just fake. I'm guessing there was no unissued supply that made its way into the market.

Any opinions on these Aaron cards? I see a lot of sellers offering them singularly, but this was a lot sold by Probstein not that long ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aaron.jpg (197.4 KB, 276 views)
Old 07-06-2022, 09:29 AM
octavio ranzola

i was offered these at a recent show ,,they all look bad ,,just my humble opinion,he wanted $75
Old 07-06-2022, 11:08 PM

These are bad, and there are a bunch that were slabbed by PSA/DNA years ago
Old 07-08-2022, 09:25 PM
Scott Smith

I have had this Aaron signed FR card for 15+ years. I've always thought it was ok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaronfrontrow.jpg (42.1 KB, 159 views)
Old 07-09-2022, 08:56 AM

mainmule, yours looks authentic, the originals posted do not.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:33 PM
Scott Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsNext View Post
mainmule, yours looks authentic, the originals posted do not.
Thanks, I've always thought mine real. I have a similar Campy too, along with many of the more readily available FR autos.
Old 07-12-2022, 08:56 PM
Curt

A lot of those Front Row sets were sold with an autograph card included and those certificates. Although the certificate doesn't match a specific card (they are numbered, but the cards were not), it is not too much of a stretch to assume the card is good if it came with one of those certificates. Of course, I am also not foolish enough to believe that this could not be abused by using a good certificate with a bad card as well.

I have a few auto sets that were sealed with a Front Row sticker. I assume that is how they were originally issued, but was not the original purchaser of any of the sets I have, so I don't know for sure.