NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-23-2020, 10:46 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

I've gone to 2 different Post Offices at various times the past week and the line is always out the door or near out the door. There is usually just one maybe 2 workers. I've never seen it like that before.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:21 AM
Frank
Fra.nk Anth0ny

Hey Jim. I live in Greeneville, Tn. Shipped a package 9 days ago. Tracking says it's still in Knoxville, 1.5 hours away. Makes no sense. Frank
Old 12-23-2020, 11:26 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Anyone else dealing with issues with the USPS Priority Express service?

I had a Priority Express package mailed to me from PA coming to MA on Monday, guaranteed to be here by Tuesday afternoon. It's now Wednesday morning, and the last scan was Monday afternoon for arrival at a PA distribution center.

I thought this service was more of a sure thing, because of the money-back guarantee of an on-time 1-2 day delivery (in my case, it was a 1 day guarantee). But even this seems like an issue right now. Ugh.
Yes. I paid $16+ to ship two packages Priority early last week - and now they are both officially "late" and floating somewhere in the ether. As many others will say it "is what it is" but yes super frustrating.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:47 AM
Ray Bumgardner

Just received a package today (in Illinois) that was shipped from Minnesota on Monday! Meanwhile, still waiting on a package from Louisiana sent November 19th. Last known location: Seattle. Fun times.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:53 PM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Yes. I paid $16+ to ship two packages Priority early last week - and now they are both officially "late" and floating somewhere in the ether. As many others will say it "is what it is" but yes super frustrating.
Indeed frustrating. Priority Express is guaranteed Overnight to most parts of the country (2 days to some parts). Once the package shows up, maybe I'll explore the $26 back on the shipping charge for not hitting the guarantee. But getting the package in hand is the top priority....
Old 12-23-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post
Retired after 40 years with USPS but still follow what is going on via employee message boards and Facebook groups.....

Since the pandemic started, it has been Christmas volume all summer long with the online shopping because of people staying home....now adding on the REAL Christmas rush, the distribution centers are totally buried under. Tractor trailers are waiting hours to be unloaded in the Midwest with no place to put the mail after it's been unloaded. After the last few years of delivery problems because of volume, UPS and FedEX is limiting the amount of parcels it is accepting from the big retailers....guess where they are going, USPS.

Employees are working 12 hour days or more , 7 days a week. Over 14,000 employees have Covid or are quarantining....wherever there is a Covid hotspot, it's affecting USPS employees too.
Am having the same problems for all the same reasons, 2 day priority still not delivered after three weeks ...its a different World

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Jim-Stinson...12095200701044
Old 12-23-2020, 01:22 PM
Doug

All this on top of the regular mail the PO has to process.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:54 PM
John €ffenheim

My REA catalog was delivered on 12/8, auction closed 12/6

Last edited by effe; 12-23-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:09 PM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
Hey Jim. I live in Greeneville, Tn. Shipped a package 9 days ago. Tracking says it's still in Knoxville, 1.5 hours away. Makes no sense. Frank
Frank - agree especially since I just got an auction item from Clean Sweep that was mailed on Dec 18 from NY. There just is no rhyme or reason.

Jim
Old 12-23-2020, 05:43 PM
Garth Guibord

Does frustrated with USPS signature confirmation also count? Fortunately, this story ends well:
Reached out to a member here about a card for sale, and he was very willing to work on a deal. Done in no time, card shipped promptly and with signature confirmation. I followed the tracking and saw it was schedule to arrive (on time) Tuesday evening. But when the carrier arrived at my house, no delivery. A single magazine and he's off, I couldn't even catch him.
I was perplexed and more than a little annoyed. Shortly after, I check the status and it reads "Delivered" and signed by a "S Wanson." And just as I was about to really get upset, I hear another noise out on the porch. There, along with another magazine, was the package. Card here safe and sound.
I know of no "S Wanson" in the neighborhood, so I'm wondering if the carrier signed for it himself after forgetting to deliver it. If so, that's pretty awful (although I know from other threads that this happens). If not, still pretty awful.
Shout out to sox1902wschamp for being a great seller - and the best packaging I think I've seen.
And in keeping with Leon's tradition that every thread needs a card, here's the new addition to my collection:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 40 Play Ball Williams.jpg (72.6 KB, 606 views)
Old 12-23-2020, 06:51 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Anyone else dealing with issues with the USPS Priority Express service?

I had a Priority Express package mailed to me from PA coming to MA on Monday, guaranteed to be here by Tuesday afternoon. It's now Wednesday morning, and the last scan was Monday afternoon for arrival at a PA distribution center.

I thought this service was more of a sure thing, because of the money-back guarantee of an on-time 1-2 day delivery (in my case, it was a 1 day guarantee). But even this seems like an issue right now. Ugh.
Fairly normal.

Depends on when it was dropped off Monday. I dropped one at 445pm in MD that made it to Seattle by noon Wednesday.

I’ve had many issues with standard first class and priority but not with express.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:55 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

I sell items on Ebay every week and haven’t had any issues with USPS priority mail. Some buyers complain and always want cheaper shipping but I’ve had great luck for many years and all this year with two day priority. Maybe one or two show up a day later but so far so good. I also like the 50.00 insurance included.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:38 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimberleycardcollector View Post
I sell items on Ebay every week and haven’t had any issues with USPS priority mail. Some buyers complain and always want cheaper shipping but I’ve had great luck for many years and all this year with two day priority. Maybe one or two show up a day later but so far so good. I also like the 50.00 insurance included.
You should consider yourself very lucky then. I have shipped several things priority in the last few weeks. A couple have made it only a day or two late, but others have taken 7-9 days just to make it from my local post office to the next distribution center in NJ (so in the same state they were shipped from) before sitting there for a while. One package took 13 days to get delivered from NJ to OH. For me, paying for priority hasn't been worth it since it hasn't seemed to help compared to just first class with tracking.

From what I have read online, the USPS is overwhelmed with packages as well as with large numbers of employees out sick so they just can't keep up with the volume. I'm hoping things will improve post holidays as less new packages are being added to the system.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:11 PM
Michael Skiles

Default Usps

I have an order from Games and Cards that was supposed to be delivered on the 15th. It hasn't moved from Bell Gardens CA. I have dealt with the seller before and consider them excellent in service and taking care of any problems. Due to the troubles the post office is having I am going to wait and if in a month it doesn't show up, then I may do something.

I have the utmost respect for my postal carrier and the local offices. It galls me that the government has let this institution be unprepared for what has happened to them. Their lack of consideration and planning "AT THE TOP" has caused them to be overwhelmed and made them look incompetent.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:41 AM

The cards I ordered that shipped on 11/29 arrived today.

Oddly enough, some cards I ordered on 12/29 (and shipped 12/30) ALSO arrived today.

Weird!
Old 12-31-2020, 12:02 PM

Yes! It's the worst I've ever seen.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:05 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
The cards I ordered that shipped on 11/29 arrived today.

Oddly enough, some cards I ordered on 12/29 (and shipped 12/30) ALSO arrived today.

Weird!
Earlier this month, I shipped 2 packages to the same person a week apart. The second one got delivered already while the first one is still in limbo somewhere.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:57 PM
Joe D
Joe Do.oley

12/16 Priority Mail package from MA to CT. Last information I saw was the package was in Atlanta Georgia on 12/22.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:32 PM
Bru.ce Wil.s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post
Retired after 40 years with USPS but still follow what is going on via employee message boards and Facebook groups.....

Since the pandemic started, it has been Christmas volume all summer long with the online shopping because of people staying home....now adding on the REAL Christmas rush, the distribution centers are totally buried under. Tractor trailers are waiting hours to be unloaded in the Midwest with no place to put the mail after it's been unloaded. After the last few years of delivery problems because of volume, UPS and FedEX is limiting the amount of parcels it is accepting from the big retailers....guess where they are going, USPS.

Employees are working 12 hour days or more , 7 days a week. Over 14,000 employees have Covid or are quarantining....wherever there is a Covid hotspot, it's affecting USPS employees too.

Thank you for clarifying. People still don’t get it. There’s a pandemic that’s causing a perfect storm. Way too many packages all year long, a federal election by mail and workers out due to COVID or exposure. Some of these distribution centers might be closed as far as we know. You get too many cases and they close like Amazon in NJ did not long ago. But people expect business as usual. It’s not going to be. It sucks having to go out and work right now and constantly expose yourself and your family. I feel these USPS workers. Not all of us can work from home and sit in our jammies all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2020, 03:40 PM

But I ordered new jammies two weeks ago and they’re not HERE yet!

I don’t think anyone is blaming the line level folks at the USPS...we’re just commiserating.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:10 PM

100 eBay packages sent on December 10th.
76 delivered with positive feedback.
24 non delivered with little movement.
0 the amount of packages sent on December 10th delivered today.

Claims are mounting and despite my pleas to remain patient, several hundred in refunds will probably be going out.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:44 PM
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
But I ordered new jammies two weeks ago and they’re not HERE yet!

I don’t think anyone is blaming the line level folks at the USPS...we’re just commiserating.
I do feel for them, but someone on the line level is falsely scanning my packages as having been delivered when I haven’t gotten any mail whatsoever this week. I got about 10 “delivered” alerts last night and another 4 tonight, but zero actual packages. This has happened multiple times over the past couple months. So far everything has eventually shown up, but still. Someone is gaming the tracking system to make their stats look better, and that’s not ok. Customers can’t be expected to blindly trust that they will eventually arrive.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:18 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1954 View Post
100 eBay packages sent on December 10th.
76 delivered with positive feedback.
24 non delivered with little movement.
0 the amount of packages sent on December 10th delivered today.

Claims are mounting and despite my pleas to remain patient, several hundred in refunds will probably be going out.
I don't understand why some buyers ignore the fact or don't understand it's
not the sellers fault and they can't be a little patient.

I purchased this card on December 9th with an expected delivery of Dec. 14. The other day I sent the seller a regular ebay message without filing a claim just to let him know I didn't receive it yet in case it doesn't show up. I told him I was in no hurry but just wanted to let him know I haven't received it yet.

He told me he has been having packages arrive 30-35 days out and it was something with the Baltimore PO that is messing everything up.

img067.jpg
Old 01-06-2021, 08:33 AM
David

Default Usps

This really does suck for the sellers BUT if you haven’t received by 30 day you still need to file “not received” through eBay or your out.

I have had 2 orders, one from Illinois to Ohio and one from Indiana to Ohio go missing.
I filed and got my money back right away but sent notes to sellers that if it shows up I would pay them. That’s November 7 and December 7 shipments that never scanned beyond initial clerk scan. Simply vanished.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:54 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBaseball View Post
This really does suck for the sellers BUT if you haven’t received by 30 day you still need to file “not received” through eBay or your out.

I have had 2 orders, one from Illinois to Ohio and one from Indiana to Ohio go missing.
I filed and got my money back right away but sent notes to sellers that if it shows up I would pay them. That’s November 7 and December 7 shipments that never scanned beyond initial clerk scan. Simply vanished.
It's 30 days from the latest estimated delivery date so I'm not sure how that works when the latest estimated date is "arriving late".

I also think everything right now would fall under the extended timeline policy.

img069.jpg
Old 01-06-2021, 09:22 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Sigh, while it definitely hasn't been as bad as some cases yet, I have one Ebay package that was sent on Dec 14 that still hasn't arrived. The kicker, the recipient lives about 14 miles away so I literally could have ran, not drove, the card to them. At least the recipient is a board member and has been a good sport about it. All I can do at this point is just laugh.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 01-06-2021, 07:15 PM

That would be me. It is nuts that the card has gone all aroundNorth Jersey, including such tourist hotspots like Teterboro and Clifton, over the last three weeks (including the dreaded 'missent' scan), but it is, as I texted DJ, a card, not a kidney, so I can be patient. In 25 years, the USPS has only lost one card on me, so I like my odds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Sigh, while it definitely hasn't been as bad as some cases yet, I have one Ebay package that was sent on Dec 14 that still hasn't arrived. The kicker, the recipient lives about 14 miles away so I literally could have ran, not drove, the card to them. At least the recipient is a board member and has been a good sport about it. All I can do at this point is just laugh.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:26 PM
Ch@d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
Does frustrated with USPS signature confirmation also count? Fortunately, this story ends well:
Reached out to a member here about a card for sale, and he was very willing to work on a deal. Done in no time, card shipped promptly and with signature confirmation. I followed the tracking and saw it was schedule to arrive (on time) Tuesday evening. But when the carrier arrived at my house, no delivery. A single magazine and he's off, I couldn't even catch him.
I was perplexed and more than a little annoyed. Shortly after, I check the status and it reads "Delivered" and signed by a "S Wanson." And just as I was about to really get upset, I hear another noise out on the porch. There, along with another magazine, was the package. Card here safe and sound.
I know of no "S Wanson" in the neighborhood, so I'm wondering if the carrier signed for it himself after forgetting to deliver it. If so, that's pretty awful (although I know from other threads that this happens). If not, still pretty awful.
Shout out to sox1902wschamp for being a great seller - and the best packaging I think I've seen.
And in keeping with Leon's tradition that every thread needs a card, here's the new addition to my collection:
Similar story here. I made a purchase from a board member and it was sent Certified with signature confirmation. It arrived quickly, no complaints there, but I got an email from USPS telling me that it had been "Delivered, Left with Individual" a few minutes ago. Since I was right by the front door and heard nothing, I was quite concerned. I was lucky enough to catch the postal carrier outside before he left my street. He told me that his supervisor authorized him to sign for it himself and leave it in the mailbox (which is locked) due to COVID. Signature confirmation was pretty worthless in this case. I do wonder what he would have done if I didn't have a locked mailbox.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

It's all just a reflection of our greater society, there are thousands of USPS employees who take pride in their jobs and care about customer service, there's also thousands of USPS employees who don't give a shit about you, they just want to collect a paycheck and get those benefits, looking at you Chicago. You can blame bureaucracy, management, and lazy entitled shitheads for the problems with the USPS. The postal workers who care are tired of covering for the postal workers who don't.

That being said, y'all can take as long as you want to get me a baseball card. That sits firmly in first world problems for me.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 01-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Steve Birmingham

A bit of 2020 irony for all of you.

My wife ordered me a 2020 dumpster fire ornament well before Christmas.

Last we checked just before new years it hadn't shipped.

Which i many ways id Sooo 2020.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:17 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Figured I’d share my recent priority shipping/ tracking experience. Thankfully it had a good ending when the package was finally delivered to me today. I bought a couple cards that were shipped by the seller on December 12th via usps priority 2 day mail. It was accepted on the 12th in North Carolina then was scanned the very next day (13th) in Newark New Jersey. Looked like the package would be delivered next day and moving quickly. However the next day on the 14th it inexplicably said it was departing. North Carolina center again. Then heard nothing until December 18th when it said package was in transit and arriving late but will still be delivered.

Since then I’ve been checking tracking everyday hoping for any sort of update and nothing until last night on the 7th when it was scanned in NYC metro facility. Finally today after much stressing, as it was roughly 4K + value, it was delivered safely with box in good shape today. Cards were fine. Crisis averted but I’ve been stressing over this one for weeks , close to a month since the 2 day package shipped.

I share this not to bash the USPS or anything but just to give my experience for others who are likely in the same boat. I was really getting worried this was “lost” or stolen or damaged but it eventually came unharmed. Would have really sucked for me and the seller had these not turned up. I guess everyone needs to keep being patient and hopefully things will be back to near normal shortly.

Last edited by yanksfan09; 01-08-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:33 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Could be worse. If the USPS was owned by PSA, they would have 60 day turnarounds.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:56 PM

After a detour through Bethpage, NY (?) its back in New Jersey again at the Black Hole of Kearny. I have another card coming from Scranton via Illinois right now, so that's curious also. I can understand packages sitting in one place or another along a route due to manpower issues, but sending a card from northern Pennsylvania to Illlinois to come back east to New Jersey is really confounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judsonhamlin View Post
That would be me. It is nuts that the card has gone all aroundNorth Jersey, including such tourist hotspots like Teterboro and Clifton, over the last three weeks (including the dreaded 'missent' scan), but it is, as I texted DJ, a card, not a kidney, so I can be patient. In 25 years, the USPS has only lost one card on me, so I like my odds.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:00 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
After a detour through Bethpage, NY (?) its back in New Jersey again at the Black Hole of Kearny. I have another card coming from Scranton via Illinois right now, so that's curious also. I can understand packages sitting in one place or another along a route due to manpower issues, but sending a card from northern Pennsylvania to Illlinois to come back east to New Jersey is really confounding.
They've gone, to look for Amerrrricaaaa. (sorry, the song was just on as I read this)
Old 01-12-2021, 08:44 AM

Boy, you start wondering if USPS is just going to collapse at some point under it's own weight. I've got three packages coming, one from NJ, one from CA and one from LA. They are all 6-7 days in the system and none are yet to leave their originating location per tracking info.

Does anybody know how UPS and Fedex are holding up?

Rob M
Old 01-12-2021, 10:02 AM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

Quote:
Yeah! Go Jersey collectors! Seriously though: good luck & patience is still a virtue.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:30 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
Boy, you start wondering if USPS is just going to collapse at some point under it's own weight. I've got three packages coming, one from NJ, one from CA and one from LA. They are all 6-7 days in the system and none are yet to leave their originating location per tracking info.

Rob M
What's really insane is it's mostly First Class package mail and up that is affected. I had a card show up this morning from Kentucky to NC in a PWE in less than two days.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:58 AM
Michael S

I won a postcard on ebay from a seller in France. He shipped January 6th and I received it yesterday January 11.
Makes absolutely no sense.

Michael
Old 01-12-2021, 11:17 AM
Bru.ce Wil.s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post

Rob M

I had a fed ex from Sacramento to LA take a week. It was in Los Angeles in 3 days and then circled the city for the next 3 until it finally got to me on the 7th. That’s about par for the course for them though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2021, 01:49 PM
Connor
Connor

Happy I am not the only one dealing with issues. Florida to PA priority package now at 7 days, and only one update that is was received at West Palm facility and now in transit to next facility for 4 days now....SMH..

Anyone have similar issue with Priority package also??
Old 01-12-2021, 02:02 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan1883 View Post
Happy I am not the only one dealing with issues. Florida to PA priority package now at 7 days, and only one update that is was received at West Palm facility and now in transit to next facility for 4 days now....SMH..

Anyone have similar issue with Priority package also??
Please, that package is flying compared to a lot of the ones from our last auction.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-12-2021, 02:29 PM
Michael Skiles

Default Package Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by skil55voy View Post
I have an order from Games and Cards that was supposed to be delivered on the 15th. It hasn't moved from Bell Gardens CA. I have dealt with the seller before and consider them excellent in service and taking care of any problems. Due to the troubles the post office is having I am going to wait and if in a month it doesn't show up, then I may do something.

I have the utmost respect for my postal carrier and the local offices. It galls me that the government has let this institution be unprepared for what has happened to them. Their lack of consideration and planning "AT THE TOP" has caused them to be overwhelmed and made them look incompetent.
My package arrived yesterday, It popped up on the radar on the 9th in Washington D.C. The went to Hyattsville MD. Then to Indianapolis and to me. I am glad I waited and it appears that they are catching up.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:36 PM
Keith O'Leary

Tracking History
January 11, 2021, 6:00 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
DISTRICT HEIGHTS, MD 20747
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DISTRICT HEIGHTS, MD 20747 on January 11, 2021 at 6:00 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 11, 2021, 5:48 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20785
January 11, 2021, 10:38 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
CHARLESTON WV PROCESSING CENTER
January 10, 2021, 7:04 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
CHARLESTON WV PROCESSING CENTER
January 10, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility
January 8, 2021, 7:22 pm
WILMINGTON DE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 8, 2021, 6:56 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
WILMINGTON DE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 5, 2021, 8:09 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 5, 2021, 10:00 am
JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 2, 2021, 4:33 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 11, 2020, 5:49 pm
Departed Post Office
AMITYVILLE, NY 11701
December 11, 2020, 7:50 am
USPS in possession of item
AMITYVILLE, NY 11701
Old 01-12-2021, 03:55 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default Connor

I have the same problem. From the day I shipped 20 sumptin packages - half arrived after 3/4 days. Other half are in the same black hole WPB station now a week later. I shipped everything the day I got paid - now I look like I took my time.... As an aside I shipped a package to Montreal last week - arrived in TWO days.....
Old 01-13-2021, 06:33 AM
J0hn Collin$

In large part due to the postal mess, one of my resolutions for 2021 was to quit selling if I absolutely don't need to. The situation has gotten somewhat better, but is still far from being fixed. I can handle some things that I buy taking some time, but it stresses me out to sell expensive cards and then watch them sit in black holes. I got very lucky last year, everything eventually showed up. Not sure how far pushing my luck was going to get me in '21.

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-13-2021 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:14 AM
Bill Cauley

Default Not cards but.....

My mother had mailed two boxes of Christmas gifts for our son, daughter, and dog on December 7th in CT. One of the two boxes arrived here in VA in Jan 4th.

My mother is not too savvy with stuff online so I had her forward me the shipping info/tracking number and submitted one of those package inquiry things this past Sunday and the 2nd box just arrived about a half hour ago.

Not sure if it was the inquiry that kickstarted it but I like to believe so.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:11 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Jan 12-14 an Ebay package of mine bounces around Lehigh Valley, PA being "processed through facility" 4 different times. 9 hrs after last scan in PA it arrives in San Diegeo CA! I live in Oklahoma
Old 01-16-2021, 07:03 AM
Jeff Carlson

Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of the disappearing packages originate in or near, New York/New Jersey?

I had two packages get picked up on January 4, one in Maryland and one in Long Island. The package from MD was delivered on the 7th. The package from New York hit the Garden City Distribution Center the same day and has disappeared. I get that it is a densely populated area and NYC is the financial capital of the world, but I've seen issues dating back years, especially with the facility in Kearny, NJ.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:46 AM
Jay Shumsky

Some excerpts from an article today on philly.com about delays in the Philadelphia area:

"Are you still waiting for packages from early December to arrive? You’re not alone, but be patient, postal workers warn, because it might be a while. In U.S. Postal Service facilities in Pennsylvania and across the country, hundreds of thousands of items sent in late November and early December are sitting at the bottom of massive piles of delayed mail that continue to grow with new packages daily. Employees inside the Philadelphia Processing and Delivery Center said they are prioritizing the packages coming in now, and doing their best to scrounge up items under the mass when time allows. But as the agency continues to experience record package volumes amid the pandemic, the pile keeps growing. “Honestly, it’s going to be at least six to eight weeks” until the backlog is cleared, said Laurence Love, a clerk craft director at the Philadelphia facility on Lindbergh Boulevard."

"More than 90% of packages were delivered on time in the Philadelphia metro area through November, according to ShipMatrix data. Then, Jindel said, it dropped dramatically in early December. By Christmas week, on-time delivery was below 50%. Jindel couldn’t give precise data to compare Philadelphia to other cities. “There were some days when the Post Office got 40 million packages, unlike any other business,” Jindel said. Now, as more packages continue to be sent, tracking shows “it’s last in, first out,” he said. For many people, the USPS tracking hasn’t shown an update on their item for weeks, creating an agonizing wait for not only presents, but also essential items like bills, medication, and important records."

"The unprecedented package volumes were coupled with poor preparation and a severe employee shortage due to rising COVID-19 cases, as nearly 19,000 workers were in quarantine at the end of 2020 after being infected or exposed to the virus, according to the American Postal Workers Union. The result was a backlog that veteran postal workers said was unlike anything they’ve ever seen. Facilities across the region were so full that trailers filled with mail were sitting in parking lots, and a miles-long caravan of trucks waited for hours outside the Southwest Philadelphia site because there was no room to unload parcels. Using USPS tracking, people watched their items arrive in Philadelphia, then never leave."
Old 01-16-2021, 09:00 AM

Thanks for that blurb on philly/Pennsylvania...I had not seem something that specific about the backlog. But now it makes sense. I have had a parcel stuck in the Warrendale PA facility since dec29 with zero movement.