NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Default T205 Hoblitzell Cycle "No Stats"

Wife was Christmas shopping for me and was getting ready to buy this as PSA said this was a "no stats" version. Glad that she asked me a couple questions and then showed this to me. Should have said Cycle - Altered. And I thought she wasn't paying attention when I talked cards.

With the "Buy it Now" at $1295, it might lead some unsuspecting person (or spouse Christmas shopping) to think this is a real "no stats" version. It would be nice if the seller would add a little more to the description indicating that it really isn't a "no stats", but rather a Cycle that has had the stats removed. I have purchased from this seller in the past and have had no issues, but I can't imagine that he paid anymore than $75.00 for that card and is trying to profit considerably from the flip.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T205-Gold-Bo...item2578ae14d1

r/
Frank

Last edited by Tcards-Please; 12-10-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Pup6913

Frank I posted about this as well. I as well was gonna pull the trigger quick till i seen the back
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Downer

The lengths some folks will go to...
How in the world can PSA put that note on a flip , and subsequently I think it's a lowbrow move to deceive by omission.
Geez this hobby ( pun partially intended) can really disappoint at times

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post
How in the world can PSA put that note on a flip , and subsequently I think it's a lowbrow move to deceive by omission.
(
Sadly, this isn't the first time PSA has made this particular error on the flip.

I vaguely remember seeing a PSA-graded Hobby "No Stats" with a Piedmont back floating around during the '09 Cleveland National

For those who are unaware, the real McCoy only exists with a Hassan reverse.

Last edited by asoriano; 12-11-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:16 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

the seller knows EXACTLY what he is doing - unfortunately Ebay is going to let him do it. How depressing our hobby has become
Old 12-11-2012, 09:29 AM
PeterB

I almost pulled the trigger as well to try and beat you guys to the purchase.

I did check the new Master T205 Checklist and noticed the "No Stats" was not a Cycle brand. Then I zoomed in on the back and you can see the stats was clearly erased.

THIS CARD SHOULD BE DESTROYED

Both PSA and Seller should not be grading/selling this card. PSA should have used ALTERED where they graded it Authentic. Yes they do have altered on the label, but in some sucker's rush to buy the card they might not notice.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

In my opinion all PSA's fault, wondering if I can get a Magee to a Magie altered if I erase a portion of the E. Ridiculous.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Glyn Parson

Default when i clicked on the link it made me sad

in multiple ways. Dave come on take that down and ship it to Joe they should 100% buy that back or correctly label it as stats altered. it is not a no stats in any way or you get a yellow crayon and make yoursef some yellow letters and whiteout for some white letters. this is horrible. the worst labeling i have ever seen by a third party grading. i originally figured it was a data entry thing then i saw the card. that is pathetic as it was obviously a choice to label it as such and it is not in anyway a no stats.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

ended

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Peter Spaeth

Maybe you guys should have tried a polite message to the seller instead of assuming evil intent. I contacted him through ebay, and he just wrote me back thanking me and ending the listing.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Thats a Big Mistake by PSA - and I think they should be contacted about this BIG error on one of their Gradings.

Just aweful.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Maybe you guys should have tried a polite message to the seller instead of assuming evil intent. I contacted him through ebay, and he just wrote me back thanking me and ending the listing.
Peter many on this board as well as myself have bought cards (many 205's) from this seller as well as have met him personally and just can't imagine how that could get past him. PSA is nothing new but I can't imagine getting that card, grading it(if he did?), scanning the front and back as well as probably cropping it down, uploading the pic with a description, and then missing the damage/alteration to the card. The price was a steal also

The Walsh Blue OM didn't make it past him. Crap happens and I really do hope this was a blatant lack of focus that caused this and not something else. This is one of those times it pays to live by the motto "buy the card and not the holder".

I do hope we hear more on the outcome of this card.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
Thats a Big Mistake by PSA - and I think they should be contacted about this BIG error on one of their Gradings.

Just aweful.
Lmao. This is common for them.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Why then there would be no point to having two threads about this card and being able to trash PSA and the seller. Andrew in his rush to rant, started his own thread, failing to see this one was started a day earlier.

So Peter you are suggesting that people make an effort to try to be helpful privately and miss out on a chance to go on a public attack?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
Andrew in his rush to rant, started his own thread, failing to see this one was started a day earlier.
Greg,

In his defense, Andrew made his post about 30 minutes after I made mine.

r/
Frank
Old 12-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
So Peter you are suggesting that people make an effort to try to be helpful privately and miss out on a chance to go on a public attack?
Greg, if I suspected him of shill bidding I would have joined the lynch mob, next to that this seemed an unimportant offense that could be dealt with quietly.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Pup6913

Frank technically you posted yours the day before mine

I started the thread and got busy and came back to finish it. So in my defense I knew of no thread started already till it posted and I went back to the main forum. Either way this is not the first time we have had double post(sometimes hours and even a few days apart) about a card. Greg I'm not the only one ranting about this card but thanks for the recognition
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I noticed that PSA also only has 1 altered Hoblitzell in their pop report. It is listed as a no stats. So not only is the label wrong, their pop report is wrong.

http://www.psacard.com/pop/Detail.aspx?c=49249
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

LOL - OK I think I have a soulution!

Feel free, (if you think this is a good idea) to run with this and make millions.

Maybe there should be a company that over sees the card grading companies , um almost like the health dept over sees resturants.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Hopefully the seller, who rightfully ended the auction, works with PSA to get it out of their holder. Mistakes happen and it's how they are handled that matters most. Plus, if I were PSA, I would check who inspected that card and give them some remedial training.
Old 05-18-2022, 05:53 AM
Nath.aniel Gr.ow

Not sure if this is the same copy from ten years ago, but it looks like it could be:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-11-T20...edirect=mobile
Old 05-19-2022, 01:55 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

I am willing to bet money that it is. Cards like these never disappear. Only go hidden long enough for the next generation to come in and buy unknowingly. It was worth far more in a mislabeled flip than raw.

Member since 2009
Old 05-19-2022, 06:01 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
I am willing to bet money that it is. Cards like these never disappear. Only go hidden long enough for the next generation to come in and buy unknowingly. It was worth far more in a mislabeled flip than raw.
And apparently it has now been removed from Ebay.