NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1920 to 1949 Baseball cards- B/S/T

Old 11-20-2016, 06:59 AM

Default 1910 Honus Wagner

We have a 1910 Honus Wagner Tobacco Card with a picture of Honus Wagner on front with Wagner, Pittsburg on the bottom of card with yellow background..him in a grey Pittsburg team shirt..on the back it reads at top in red square box.."HONUS WAGNER VALUE $35,000.00 1910 Tobacco Card. And on a white background below that it reads.."While other cards may be scarcer (about 20 exist), none is more valuable. Honus Wagner, who was anti-smoking, did not want anyone to buy tobacco products just to obtain his picture on a card. He legally forced the tobacco firms to take his card off the market, but some cards got into circulation."

This card is in mint condition. We would love to know if it has any value. Please advise.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:10 AM
seablaster@yahoo.com

Welcome to the site.

What you have is a reprint of one of the most prominent cards in the hobby, the T206 Honus Wagner. Being a reprint, is has a negligible value.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:11 AM
Jeff

That is a great card, would loooooove to see some photos. You're in rare company if you own a Honus!

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 11-20-2016, 09:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
That is a great card, would loooooove to see some photos. You're in rare company if you own a Honus!
quit. ...

..it is by far the most common reprint of the most famous baseball card. That mistake happens daily if not hourly.....It has no real value.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Well I think a google search would have told you this answer 20 times over... not much.

What I can say is the time people were using that 35k value was around the mid 80's, so you have likely a 30 year old reprint. I actually tried to locate a date for this printing as the back printing is so identifiable but was unable.

I will say that a reprint is worth far less than a dollar to someone who wants one as the number of Wagner reprints is likely greater that the print number of any other card in existence. I would put this on the far lowest end of that spectrum as most would want a realistic reprint to fill a binder spot very few can afford to fill and this is not.

Not trying to be mean to you as any question is fair, but I admit to laughing quite hard when I saw this reply on another chatroom to this exact same question -

I was going through an old box of papers, and I found a Constitution of the United States of America. How can I tell if this is a replica, or one of the originals? I'm told the originals are quite valuable. Mine says on the back: this is a replica. If it were the original Constitution, it would be worth over 1 billion dollars on the open market.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:25 PM
Steve Birmingham

If it's the reprint I'm thinking of -Yes, a 70's maybe 80's reprint, but one from a collectors set that was (I think) all T206s. I'm not sure if it was the whole set or not, but I have a handful of them but not the Wagner. It came a few different ways. As cards from a collectors set I find them interesting, and pick them up when I see them cheap. They're not as common as you'd think.

Now the CMC reprints and the more recent ones presumably from China.......

Steve B
Old 11-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgreen58 View Post
We have a 1910 Honus Wagner Tobacco Card with a picture of Honus Wagner on front with Wagner, Pittsburg on the bottom of card with yellow background..him in a grey Pittsburg team shirt..on the back it reads at top in red square box.."HONUS WAGNER VALUE $35,000.00 1910 Tobacco Card. And on a white background below that it reads.."While other cards may be scarcer (about 20 exist), none is more valuable. Honus Wagner, who was anti-smoking, did not want anyone to buy tobacco products just to obtain his picture on a card. He legally forced the tobacco firms to take his card off the market, but some cards got into circulation."

This card is in mint condition. We would love to know if it has any value. Please advise.
Lets see a scan of the card......
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Couldn't find a 35k valued one but did find the equally impressive 100k one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHORIZED-R...oAAOSwEjFXdK-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
Lets see a scan of the card......
Old 11-22-2016, 12:25 PM
N
Banned

Default Update...

I was able to speak with the OP via email, who then sent me scans of the cards. It is unfortunately a reproduction! Never hurts to ask, I suppose. Cool card either way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6559.jpg (19.6 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6560.jpg (27.1 KB, 191 views)
Old 11-22-2016, 04:03 PM
Pete Sycks

PSA 9oc

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's