NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-06-2021, 03:07 PM
ja.mes na.higian

Default Really PSA? Do you have to remind us?

From Steve Sloan today:
Hello PSA Customers,

41ST NATIONAL RECAP

I’m relieved to have the National in the rearview mirror, but I couldn’t be happier about the event – for PSA, our customers, our employees and for the hobby overall. For PSA, we authenticated and graded over 10,000 collectibles over the five days

Thanks Mr. Sloan, I am just one of many thousands of your customers who just love reading how you pushed 10,000 in front of my 800 that I have been waiting 10 months for. Yes, you made exorbitant fees on them to assuredly high profits. Congratulations.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:24 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

I'm one of the tpg haters, but I will admit that I have felt bad for guys who love them lately and spending money for inconsistent grading, padded pocket grades, altered cards getting numerical grades and overall shit customer service. I have bought several sizable collections recently along with many other small lots and singles. I've filled trash cans with busted slabs. Thousands of slabs over the years. Many of those have impacted "pop reports" to a high degree. At what point do you say "screw this ridiculously flawed system"?
Old 08-06-2021, 05:49 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Moko View Post
I'm one of the tpg haters, but I will admit that I have felt bad for guys who love them lately and spending money for inconsistent grading, padded pocket grades, altered cards getting numerical grades and overall shit customer service. I have bought several sizable collections recently along with many other small lots and singles. I've filled trash cans with busted slabs. Thousands of slabs over the years. Many of those have impacted "pop reports" to a high degree. At what point do you say "screw this ridiculously flawed system"?
Laughing out loud.

I hate the opinion sellers as much as anybody, but have zero sympathy for the opinion buyers.

The answer to your question is - never.

Doug 'hahahahahahahahaah' Goodman
Old 08-06-2021, 07:26 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Higher priced service levels have always had faster turnaround times than value and bulk service levels. Why should this change all of a sudden just because they have a ridiculous backlog on their low end service levels? If you want your grades back faster, pay the premiums.

Or perhaps said another way, why should I have to "get in line" to have my Honus Wagner T206 that I just picked up on ebay authenticated/graded when the people "ahead of me" are getting their Gavin Lux and Bo Bichette Bowman paper RCs and Tyler Herro base Donruss RCs graded by the thousands? (no, I don't have a Wagner).
Old 08-06-2021, 07:32 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Moko View Post
Grading inconsistencies at PSA is definitely becoming a major problem now. Shit customer service has long been an issue with them though. SGC is closing the gap more and more every day it seems. I pretty much send everything to SGC nowadays.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:11 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Grading inconsistencies at PSA is definitely becoming a major problem now. Shit customer service has long been an issue with them though. SGC is closing the gap more and more every day it seems. I pretty much send everything to SGC nowadays.
not sure what you mean by closing the gap? SGC has always...imo...been more consistent which is most important to me.

The only thing that will cause the pendulum to swing in SGC's favor is if they command the sales prices PSA does.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:52 PM
Tim Odeen

SGC needs the registry. Which, btw, why doesn't VCP start a registry? It seems like they are 50% of the way there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo