NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 01-17-2023, 10:48 AM
Ben North

Default Continuous Gluclose Moniter

I got one a week ago and can't recommend getting one if you have diabetes enough. I got the Freestyle Libre 3.

If you have considered it you should give one a try and see if you also like it.
Old 01-18-2023, 04:49 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Got the libre 2 about a month ago. I have an older iPhone so can't use the 3 until I buy a new one. I did have an issue with the low glucose numbers being off. I kept getting numbers in the 60s and I felt OK so I did a stick and found it to be off by 100! Did it 3 times and always off by 100. But the high numbers were dead on. I called Abbott who makes them and complained so they sent me a neww one for free but I still think the low numbers are off. My friend has the dexcom system and showed my on his phone that he can adjust it if the numbers don't jive.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 01-18-2023, 07:54 PM
D@n Di.Pao.la

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I got one a week ago and can't recommend getting one if you have diabetes enough. I got the Freestyle Libre 3.

If you have considered it you should give one a try and see if you also like it.
If you like the Libre...you should try Dexcom...way WAY better IMO and you don't have to hold your phone to the attachment .
Old 01-19-2023, 04:54 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
Got the libre 2 about a month ago. I have an older iPhone so can't use the 3 until I buy a new one. I did have an issue with the low glucose numbers being off. I kept getting numbers in the 60s and I felt OK so I did a stick and found it to be off by 100! Did it 3 times and always off by 100. But the high numbers were dead on. I called Abbott who makes them and complained so they sent me a neww one for free but I still think the low numbers are off. My friend has the dexcom system and showed my on his phone that he can adjust it if the numbers don't jive.
I had to upgrade my Samsung phone to use it. I had the cheap AO2s so I got a refurbished A32 5G. The $100 was worth it to have a phone that wasn't a piece of garbage. The numbers on the Libre 3 seem pretty good so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiahfan View Post
If you like the Libre...you should try Dexcom...way WAY better IMO and you don't have to hold your phone to the attachment .
How do you like it on your abdomen? Not having it there was one of my main reasons for going with the penny sized Libre 3 on the back of my arm. With the 3 you only have to touch your phone to the device once to activate it. Then as long as you are within 33 feet it sends a reading to your phone every minute.
Old 01-19-2023, 09:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I read the title of this thread and thought.......great, another troll LOL

Old 01-21-2023, 11:11 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Interesting info...i am one of those above normal people and would think i had diabetes, but the docs never told me otherwise. I tried to do the finger thingy --to just try and check my levels. Seemed normal. But no way in hell i want to do the finger thingy all the time.
Glad to have folks here sharing +++++
Now, i dont have a phone, insert old timer crap all you want. Never felt the need to have a cell phone, when i got a home phone.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:45 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Interesting info...i am one of those above normal people and would think i had diabetes, but the docs never told me otherwise. I tried to do the finger thingy --to just try and check my levels. Seemed normal. But no way in hell i want to do the finger thingy all the time.
Glad to have folks here sharing +++++
Now, i dont have a phone, insert old timer crap all you want. Never felt the need to have a cell phone, when i got a home phone.
You don't actually need a phone that works for calling. You could just buy a used phone cheap to use as a reader for the CGM. You will have to hook it to WiFi to download the app and then for a couple minutes every 2 weeks to activate the new CGM. Other than that you just use the Bluetooth on the phone to get your reading every minute. At least that is how the Libre 3 works.

Yes stabbing yourself repeatedly in the finger sucks.
Old 01-23-2023, 11:23 AM
D@n Di.Pao.la

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I had to upgrade my Samsung phone to use it. I had the cheap AO2s so I got a refurbished A32 5G. The $100 was worth it to have a phone that wasn't a piece of garbage. The numbers on the Libre 3 seem pretty good so far.

How do you like it on your abdomen? Not having it there was one of my main reasons for going with the penny sized Libre 3 on the back of my arm. With the 3 you only have to touch your phone to the device once to activate it. Then as long as you are within 33 feet it sends a reading to your phone every minute.
I didn't know that...the commercials make it seem like you have to tap it every time. I prefer it on my abdomen vs my arm to be honest. I play many sports and am quite active...only once had a problem when I was moving crazy big stuff and almost peeled it off. I am sure libre is good with customer support...but Dexcom is like Amazon/Home Depot/Costco in one...any issues and no questions send a replacement ASAP. I spend about $250/3 months all in.

They have been pushing for some sort of pump as well...but unless I can control everything from my phone it just wouldn;t be convenient enough for me ....but they have some stuff that might be borderline accpetable (for me) now or soon....so we will see.
Old 01-23-2023, 01:12 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiahfan View Post
I didn't know that...the commercials make it seem like you have to tap it every time. I prefer it on my abdomen vs my arm to be honest. I play many sports and am quite active...only once had a problem when I was moving crazy big stuff and almost peeled it off. I am sure libre is good with customer support...but Dexcom is like Amazon/Home Depot/Costco in one...any issues and no questions send a replacement ASAP. I spend about $250/3 months all in.

They have been pushing for some sort of pump as well...but unless I can control everything from my phone it just wouldn;t be convenient enough for me ....but they have some stuff that might be borderline accpetable (for me) now or soon....so we will see.
Funny how we prefer it in different places for similar reasons.

I just filled a 3 month prescription. For the Libre 3 it is 6 devices as they last 14 days each. For me the price was $224.99 tax included. Without insurance the cash price would have been $440.34 tax included.

When I was researching what one to try I believe the Dexcom 6 or the new 7 could communicate and work together with some of the pumps. None of the Libre models can do that.

I am a type II doing every thing I can to stay off any new medication because of a recent extremely horrible reaction to the Metformin I had been taking for years. Having the real time readings has been beyond helpful in figuring out what I can and can't eat now. My levels can skyrocket really easy now but it is also way easier now to get them back down.
Old 03-10-2023, 05:54 PM
Ben North

Just had my first bloodwork done after getting my Libre 3 CGM. I am amazed at how accurate it is. My BG according to the CGM is 134 over the last 56 days that I have had it. My bloodwork came back with an average of 128 BG(6.1 A1c).

Amazingly this is drug free. When on 2000mg of Metformin the best A1c I ever hit was 6.4 once with most being in the 7s.

Having the real time data is amazing and I can't recommend getting one enough if you are diabetic.

Last edited by bnorth; 03-10-2023 at 05:56 PM.