NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-23-2003, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Default Some description....

Posted By: Mike Williams 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2731820917&category=31719

Could the missing part of the card be where the word "Reprint" was? Possibly the funniest description I've ever read!

Old 05-23-2003, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

$51 to get in at this point...

Lemme see - card looks awful, sounds awful, smells awful, feels awful. I bet it tastes good, though.

Old 05-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff

To think that I have been putting all of my garbage into the can and then to the curb each week.I should have been selling it on ebay, I guess the gene pool is more dilluted then I thought.

Old 05-23-2003, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

That 'exact replica' disussed in the other thread is starting to sound pretty good.

Old 05-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

Ahhh, just the Wagner I was looking for to top off my 206 collection! ROFLMAO!

Old 05-26-2003, 02:31 PM
Administrator

In case you are interested, below is a link to the images of the card being offered in the auction. While I understand that large items like posters or ad signs sometimes can't be photographed at a head on angle, I find it amusing when these one inch (or so) long pieces of cardboard are photographed to appear like a desert highway dissapearing into the foothills. To his credit, though, he got the upper left of the plastic holder in perfect focus.

http://wagnercard.tripod.com/

Old 05-26-2003, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

sure looks like someone went to a lot of effect for rough up a reprint. With wear like that, there should be plenty of soiling and discoloration, which isn't there. It also looks too shiney for that much wear.

Jay

Old 05-26-2003, 03:05 PM
Administrator

I don't think there should be much debate about whether or not the card is authentic, as it is obvious to me that even the seller knows it's a fake. If the seller thought it was real (and chose, for whatever reason, not to consign it to MastroNet or get it looked at by PSA or SGC), he would have 1) Taken pictures that were actually in focus and head on and 2) actually had the images as part of the auction description. It is worth pointing out that in his past auctions descriptions, he was actually able to provide head-on and in focus images of the Gameboy cartridges he was selling. So it's not as if he has that rarest of rare cameras that only allows one to take out of focus 15 degree photographs.

Trust me, if the seller thought he actually had a card worth over $10,000 he would have provided in focus pictures.