NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-22-2022, 02:28 PM
octavio ranzola

Wow terrific
Old 10-23-2022, 09:02 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Confused here???
I clicked the link to the live auction...cant seem to find the green cobbs??
I see 3 pages and i not seeing something??
Old 10-23-2022, 09:28 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Happy to have opened the bidding on several lots...let's see how quickly I get massacred, lol.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:38 AM
T0NY @

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Confused here???
I clicked the link to the live auction...cant seem to find the green cobbs??
I see 3 pages and i not seeing something??
Below is the PM that I received back from Jeff when I inquired about them as well:

As for the 1st hoard (1000+) cards with the green cobbs. That entire collection was consigned to Heritage for sale over the next year or so. On the grades of the Cobb greens i cannot give them to you yet. When heritage has ineventoried the collection and lets me know when auctions will begin I will release those grades. As for the other collection with the Carolina Brights and N172 cards. Those are going to be auctioned by Central mass Auctions tentatively on Wednesday, November 16.
Old 10-23-2022, 10:10 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post
Below is the PM that I received back from Jeff when I inquired about them as well:

As for the 1st hoard (1000+) cards with the green cobbs. That entire collection was consigned to Heritage for sale over the next year or so. On the grades of the Cobb greens i cannot give them to you yet. When heritage has ineventoried the collection and lets me know when auctions will begin I will release those grades. As for the other collection with the Carolina Brights and N172 cards. Those are going to be auctioned by Central mass Auctions tentatively on Wednesday, November 16.

Ok..found them Green Cobbs and etc.
I see it open in HA on 10/27
Old 10-23-2022, 10:21 AM
Frank Wakefield

Does liveauctioneers.com have the cards? Or does some other auction place have the cards, they are auctioning them, and what liveauctioneers.com does is serve as a proxy or conduit to get bids in? Or how does it work??
Old 10-24-2022, 03:31 AM
Chuck Price

Just goes to show you, there are still major finds to be found. Definitely a mouth watering group of cards.

Drum Daddy, "10 Drum's and counting"
Green Cobb’s, “7 and counting “
Red Cobb’s, “12 and counting”
Working on my Ruth, Cobb, Joe Jackson, Gehrig, Wagner, Mantle collection
Old 10-24-2022, 07:14 AM
Frank Wakefield

I agree, Chuck. And I continue to think that there are a few Wagner cards out there that aren't graded known to the public.
Old 10-24-2022, 08:57 AM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default Answer to Where are the cards

Central Mass Auctions in Worcester Ma has the cards. Live auctioneers is the platform he uses to auction them. I (National Card Investors) will have the key cards on display at the GBSCC Show (Shriners) Nov 4,5,6 in Wilmington MA. Jeff Weisenberg
Old 10-24-2022, 05:47 PM

I have been approved to bid up to 5,000 in total value for this auction guess I am done bidding already
Old 10-24-2022, 06:18 PM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default bidding limits

PLEASE contact me directly through Net 54 messages or at my email jeff@nationalcardinvestors.com if you need a bidding limit increased. I understand that there are many cards that will sell in excess of 5k and up and I work directly with Wayne at Central Mass Auctions. I wil get it done. Jeff Weisenberg
Old 10-24-2022, 06:27 PM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default bidding limits?

Please contact Central Mass Auctions for a bid limit increase. He just told me he will grant them when asked for. Live auctioneers sets the limit at 5k for all customers unless they request a higher limit. He will raise you limit, Just ask him. If you still have an issue please let me know. Jeff W
Old 10-26-2022, 02:35 AM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Jeff,
This auction format is different than the other auction houses. Can you explain the format, live bidding, etc? I read everything on the site and do not find the explanations useful.

How long is live bidding overall? Do the items close individually or based on the overall auction activity? Is there a final 10minute clock per item?

Thank you,
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236
Old 10-26-2022, 04:27 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATCARD View Post
Please contact Central Mass Auctions for a bid limit increase. He just told me he will grant them when asked for. Live auctioneers sets the limit at 5k for all customers unless they request a higher limit. He will raise you limit, Just ask him. If you still have an issue please let me know. Jeff W
I simply sent an email to them in the Contact Us section and they responded and upped my limit to 50k within 1/2 hr. I will not be spending that much hopefully.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:53 AM
Jeff Weisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Stanage View Post
Jeff,
This auction format is different than the other auction houses. Can you explain the format, live bidding, etc? I read everything on the site and do not find the explanations useful.

How long is live bidding overall? Do the items close individually or based on the overall auction activity? Is there a final 10minute clock per item?

Thank you,
Live auctioneers runs like a live in person auction without the in person. Pre bidding will take place up to the 16th. When the auction officially goes live at 7pm east. Each lot will then be auctioned off live, 1 at a time. there will be warnings such as last call and that is up to Wayne the auctioneer. at that point people can click bid on the live auctioneers site and he will be immediately notified of the bid and can accept it as if you were there. Again, each lot will end 1 at a time just like a live in person auction. Please feel free to ask any other questions. Jeff Weisenberg
Old 11-15-2022, 02:37 AM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATCARD View Post
Live auctioneers runs like a live in person auction without the in person. Pre bidding will take place up to the 16th. When the auction officially goes live at 7pm east. Each lot will then be auctioned off live, 1 at a time. there will be warnings such as last call and that is up to Wayne the auctioneer. at that point people can click bid on the live auctioneers site and he will be immediately notified of the bid and can accept it as if you were there. Again, each lot will end 1 at a time just like a live in person auction. Please feel free to ask any other questions. Jeff Weisenberg
Jeff,
How much time is there between bids during the live auction? If a participant is outbid, how much time is there to submit a higher bid? I assume this is not like Ebay where a clock ticks to zero with a frenzy of last second sniping bids.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236
Old 11-15-2022, 09:25 AM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default How the bidding works

Auction is Thursday Night, November 15, 2022, starting at 6pm Eastern time on live auctioneers. The lots will be sold in order using their platform. The way it works is completely computerized on a lot by lot basis. Bids will be accepted and warnings for the end of the lot will be issued. This is all computerized and will vary in time based on number of active bidders on the lot , people currently looking at the current lot. It is expected that 100 lots per hour or so will be sold. This is about the norm for a live auction. The time from the last warning to the lot closing is determined by their system and an exact amount of time is not known. I have participated in many of these and if you intend to bid their is sufficient time. Jeff W