NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2022, 06:05 PM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default T206 Hoard Carolina Brights Auction is Live!

Link to graded cards (T206's, N172's, T201's)

Link to Central Mass Auctions Wbsite for Live auction
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/cata...1&pageSize=120

Hello, my name is Jeff Weisenberg of National Card Investors. I have been on Net54 since 2009. I have been in the sports cards and collectibles business since my days at Rotman Collectibles in 1978. I love this site and feel it is a great connection between collectors, dealers and a combination of both. Over the years I have been able to have purchased some incredible things. I am not sure anything will compare to the last few weeks. 3 weeks ago (During national week) I along with my partners Boca Cards and National Artifacts purchased an original owner collection of 1000+ T206's. This incredible collection included 16! Ty Cobbs, 16 Nap Lajoie’s, 150 Hall of Famers, 60+ Old Mill Southern Leaguers and the Magie error. The entire collection was graded by SGC and is now in the hands of Heritage Auctions as they will be auctioning it for us. As amazing as that was, just 2 weeks later, a friend that runs auctions on live auctioneers stopped in my office. I help him whenever he gets sports cards and memorabilia with authenticating and lotting the cards. He pulls out a binder that has 250+ T206's and some N172 Old Judges. As I flip the 1st page I notice 2 T206's with Carolina Brights Backs. My mind is now spinning! I just started looking at these cards and already found 2. It turns out there are 54! new to the market Carolina Brights cards. Amazingly 1 of them is a Cobb which was graded today at 1.5 by PSA! Also included were Hall of Famers Bender pitching with trees, Bresnahan with bat, Chance portrait, Eddie Collins, Tris Speaker and Christy Mathewson with dark cap. The rest were commons with some incredibly Low pops! This collection is currently being graded by PSA and I should have grades by the end of the week. These cards will be sold by Central Mass Auctions in the very near future. Along with the incredible T206's Carolina Brights were some amazing Old Judges. All of the Old Judges had 4 pin holes in each (the corners) yet still presented very well in terms of image. Amongst them are John Clarkson End of Pitch, R/Arm Extended, L/Hand on thigh, John Clarkson Bat at ready over R/Shoulder, King Kelly Portrait, Bare head, Chicago on shirt. All of these are at PSA as well. I will update all of the Net54 members as I get more information. Please feel free to email me with any questions. I will state that NONE of these cards will be for sale privately. All must and will go to auction. Images below:

Here I am holding the 16 Cobbs!

Here are the 150+ Hall of Famers

Here is the Magie

LINK To the N172 Images of all non graded Cards

Central Mass Auctions[/COLOR]

Thanks, Jeff Weisenberg

Last edited by NATCARD; 10-22-2022 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Auction is Live