NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Default followup to autograph fraud

Posted By: sean

Regarding my previous post about getting ripped off $500 from carl meyer and josepg butler. They have an ebay account thats active under the name sonny_sports. His email is sonny_sports@yahoo.com. For a good laugh, check out what he bought over the last 3 months. Anyone that wants a copy of his "Catalog" let me know and Ill send you scans.
Sean

Old 03-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

Sucks you got ripped off, but i dont see where the big laugh is im supposed to get by looking at his feedback. The only feedback having to do with autographs was too long ago to check out the items, though they were negs from fake autos. All his recent feedback is from him purchasing steele prints and '60's baseball cards.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Thats why I said Ill send you a copy of his catalog. All the items hes bought are in his catalog "signed" including the ty cobb 1960 fleer that I bought off him. I sent him a money order on march 1 and he buys the card unsigned on ebay on march 5.
Here is the pictures of the catalog he sent me. look at the picture and than check out the ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180090424804

notice the cobb 60 fleer

notice the rickey 60 fleer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130035817712

notice the waner prez steele
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250081936774

and there are more than that. Whwn I contacted joe butler, he asked me to make the money order out to carl meyer. I wondered where they had got my contcat info and then I remembered I bought a fake autograph off carl meyer (sonnysports) in october and it all became crystal clear what was going on.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Administrator

So you are speculating hes purchasing unautographed prints off of ebay and forging the autos himself? But you said he sent you nothing, not even a false auto, right?

Old 03-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean

There is no speculating about it. That is absolutely what he is doing. I didnt receive a card because I figured this out before he got a chance to (if only Id figured it out before I sent the money). I called and politely asked for my money back and he said to wait til I received the card so I waited 5 days (after already waiting 10) and no card. Then I called and never got him to answer again. Then I looked up his ebay account and there was that recently purchased cobb card. That is what he was doing when he had his ebay auuction in october. I emailed him about it and no answer yet again! I sure hope I can find some more people he has ripped off (as he has obviously done this before) so I can get a case against him.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

praise from his buyers
Returned item which failed authenticity test, didn't honr refund
Buyer ozzydrools( 89) Jan-09-07 20:33 160040843537

Received item, failed authenticity test, returned, didn't honor 30 day refund
Buyer ozzydrools( 89) Jan-09-07 20:32 160040843632

Buyers beware.All of his signatures are fake. Have them tested. I did. Bad stuff
Buyer heinztax( 1569) Oct-15-06 20:33 160040843592

Autograph was fake. Returned item per seller policy, but money was not refunded
Buyer greatestrookies( 264) Nov-30-06 12:23 160040843720

Old 03-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe Pelaez

Go after them like a Pit Bull.
That's the only thing that they understand.
Don't let them off the hook.

If anyone else can give Sean any support in the fight against this bum. ... by all means do it.

You'll be fighting with Sean, fighting for yourself and fighting for your hobby.

If this guy is guilty? .. GET HIM NOW, otherwise he wont go away.

Go for it Sean.

Been there, done my part.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Administrator

I see, well I hope that you can shut this guy down. Its true that you have to go after them, its the only thing the'll understand

Old 03-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the encouragement. I am gonna follow up with the postal inspector this week. I also filed a complaint through IC3 though I dont anything will ocme from that. Whats on my side is I have all the documents necessarry to convince anyone that this guy is a crook. If all else fails, Ill just resort to calling him everyday and leaving him rude messages haha
If anyone has any other suggestions, PLEASE let me know.
thanks

Old 03-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Try to contact via telephone a police DETECTIVE where the guy lives... talk to the guy, and email him. Get the detective to "buy" something that you guys will know is bogus...

Save all of your emails and eBay pages.

Keep a calendar with each event and action noted.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: anthony

a few years ago (when i was an in-experienced ebayer) i agreed to buy a 1934? lou gehrig card for pretty much dirt cheap outside of ebay. i sent a cashier's check for $1k or so, 3-4 weeks go by and no card...and no more emails at all.

feeling ripped off, i filled out a police report that named the guy as a suspect with his name, address, all the emails confirming the deal, etc and stated that since i worked for the largest sheriff department, we will extradite and charge him for grand theft, internet fraud and any other charges we can come up with...i promptly got an email from his wife stating he had died (which i didnt believe) and can we work something out since she did not have any money. she offered me about $1k worth of misc baseball collectibles, cards, signed balls, etc...(nothing worth keeping) which i jumped on since i figured i wouldnt see my $1k ever again.

she did send everything to me as agreed and i sold them on ebay as soon as i got them... i ended up getting about $700 out of it...a $300 loss is better than a $1k loss...

do whatever you can to expose this loser!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Thanks, Im gonna try my darndest. anthony, do you actually work for the sheriff's dept?
sean

Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: anthony

yes, i'm currently at work...

Old 03-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

delete