NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-12-2024, 12:27 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Obituary Link

Gang,

Below is the link to the obituary. Very well written for a well rounded man.

https://vhmfh.com/book-of-memories/5...dore/index.php
Old 01-12-2024, 03:45 PM
Scott M.

Just logged onto Net54 for the first time in a little while to see this sad news.

It was always a joy to stop and talk cards with Ted at so many Philly shows in the past. He will be sorely missed.

Scott
Old 01-12-2024, 03:51 PM
Henry Levy

Ted was always such a nice and pleasant person to talk to and deal with.
Our most memorable transaction was conducted by my son, Scott and Ted.
Ted was missing one key card to finish his T206 Sweet Caporal back set ... Eddie Plank, and we had a gorgeous example which was altered but looked fabulous.
That is not an easy card to part with but we worked out a deal we were both happy with and Ted had his dream card.
He proudly showed it multiple times in his many posts.
We know it gave Ted great pleasure to own it and it also gave Scott and I an equally great pleasure to bring joy to someone who did that often to others.
Ted was special and will remain so in our memory.
Old 01-12-2024, 04:14 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I think it's appropriate to establish a new 'Collectorism' for Ted Z, so I present...

Tedzantic (eponym)
The free and unselfish sharing of one’s own vast wisdom, expertise and mastery of specific card sets, as well as other hobby insights, to help expand the knowledge base of the collecting community as a whole.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2024, 04:26 PM

This hobby is every bit as much about the people as it is the cards. The hobby has lost one of the great people in it.
Old 01-13-2024, 07:30 AM
Richard Cline

As I don't frequent this site as often as I did a number of years ago, I was shocked to take a look today and learn of Ted's passing. What knowledge he had for vintage cards, always looking for that something extra and sharing that with us on the board. I wish his family strength during this difficult time.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:26 AM
Ke.n K0hen

The news of Ted’s passing brings me great sadness. Having gotten to know him over the last 20 or so years, I knew him to be an unfailingly generous and affable man. I will miss him.

Last edited by kcohen; 01-15-2024 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:52 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
I think it's appropriate to establish a new 'Collectorism' for Ted Z, so I present...

Tedzantic (eponym)
The free and unselfish sharing of one’s own vast wisdom, expertise and mastery of specific card sets, as well as other hobby insights, to help expand the knowledge base of the collecting community as a whole.
Very nice and appropriate, Darren. One of your best.
Old 01-13-2024, 02:28 PM
Bi11..R0berts

I've been off the site for a few weeks, coming back to this news is tough. What a huge loss to the hobby & certainly even more to those who knew him personally. RIP Ted.
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty
Old 01-13-2024, 03:47 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4157 View Post
As I don't frequent this site as often as I did a number of years ago, I was shocked to take a look today and learn of Ted's passing. What knowledge he had for vintage cards, always looking for that something extra and sharing that with us on the board. I wish his family strength during this difficult time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brob28 View Post
I've been off the site for a few weeks, coming back to this news is tough. What a huge loss to the hobby & certainly even more to those who knew him personally. RIP Ted.
Same.
Very tough news reading of Ted's passing.
Not that I ever met the man but we did have the occasional convo here which I always enjoyed and always found informative.

A big loss to the hobby.

RIP, TedZ. You'll never be forgotten.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:48 AM

RIP Ted. I always enjoyed seeing you at shows and talking with you on this board.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:06 AM
Scott

I did not know him, but obviously he was a loved and respected man in and away from the hobby. My condolences
Old 01-15-2024, 02:48 PM
Jay Cee

RIP Ted and always enjoyed the conversations we had at shows back in the 90s. Definitely a pioneer of our hobby and he will be missed. Condolences to his family. He was one of the good guys who didn’t mind sharing information on his knowledge for cards.
Old 01-15-2024, 03:13 PM
Gary

Such sad news. I never met Ted but enjoyed his posts. It's clear from reading this thread how many people he influenced and the deep respect everyone had for him.

RIP Ted.
Old 01-15-2024, 04:04 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Very nice and appropriate, Darren. One of your best.
Totally agree.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 01-18-2024, 06:54 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

This is awful news. I haven't logged in for a couple weeks because I've been dealing with health issues, and my mood is usually in the dumps. Hearing about Ted really hurts. Over the years, I've been trying to get to a show where he would be at, so we could finally meet in person. But my health was always messing up my plans. Now there's going to be that empty void that I can't do anything about. I'm going to miss getting messages and emails from him, as we shared thoughts about the T206 set and all of it's mysteries. Rest easy my friend. Thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family, especially his grandson Ron, that he mentioned a lot to me, because we share the same first name. I could never fill Ted's shoes as far as T206 knowledge, but I'll do my best to help others with their questions, and post new research as it's available. I learned a lot from Ted starting nearly 15 years ago. I'll miss you my friend.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 01-18-2024, 06:57 PM

Default Ted Z.

Beyond sad…..a true icon who transcended our hobby to another level. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who enjoyed sharing his incredible knowledge as much as Ted. Simply irreplaceable, and may God Bless him and his family today…tomorrow…always! In the utmost sincerity, JoeT.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:58 PM
Marty K.

Default Ted

Not many like Ted…Whenever I stopped by his table at the National he was always willing to share his vast knowledge and also make a fair deal. Thanks Ted for that and for all the info you shared on Net54…..May you be at peace. God bless you.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:14 AM
Eric
E.ric Bau.mh0er

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post

Tedzantic (eponym)
Does this qualify ?
https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=217692
Old 02-09-2024, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethicsprof View Post
Very sad to hear this news of his passing. Such a great loss to the hobby as a whole and to so many of us who knew him personally. Rest in Peace,TRex.

'For here we have no continuing city, but we seek one to come.'

My deepest sympathy to all, Barry
Amen, Barry
Old 02-25-2024, 09:29 PM
B. Schneid.
Ben Sch.neider

I haven't logged in for a few months and just found out. Terribly sad news. Ted Z was the modern-day Jefferson Burdick, at least in the Net54 internet world. He got a LOT of us hooked on T206. Truly an encyclopedia of knowledge. This one hurts.
Old 02-29-2024, 10:13 AM
D@vid Cr@ig

I havent logged in for a long time, and while glancing at the list of threads I came upon this one. Just terrible news. I had the good fortune of meeting and talking with Ted on numerous occasions at the little Cooperstown card show during Induction weekend. It was usually stuffy and hot in that little room, but Ted was always very friendly and generous with his time. I remember he got a kick that I live just outside Bangor Maine and he had lived there when he was in the Air Force.

We have lost a hobby legend for sure. RIP Ted