NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1980 & Newer Sports Cards B/S/T

Old 08-01-2020, 08:25 PM
Shane

Default F/S Incredibly Rare 1998 Topps Sportzcubz Complete Set all BGS graded

I am copying the description from my Ebay listing. Asking $9300. Will consider offers.

This listing is for a 1998 Topps Sportzcubz Complete Set. This offering is one of the most unique sets you will ever see in our hobby. If you are lucky you might find one or two individual cards from this set listed on Ebay in a given year. Many times you will not find a single card available. This is quite possibly the only complete set in existence. BGS population report shows each one of these cards as the only ones graded (1 of 1), with the exception of Derek Jeter. Currently, there are no cards graded by PSA or SGC. The 2007 SCD Catalog states that there is no pricing available due to scarcity.

I acquired these a few years ago in 2016 directly from the family of a former Topps employee of over 3 decades who had recently deceased. This employee was heavily involved in the process of many Topps issues, including being the creator of Topps Stadium Club. He edited over 15 million Topps trading card photos and was a "Topps Insider" for many years. This former Topps employee is on record as saying that he believed that there were no more than 5 of each card in existence. I was able to acquire every Sportzcubz card in the family's possession in 2016. I was also able to track down another small group that he had let go a few years prior and was able to purchase them as well. If you see any individual Sportzcubz for sale, it almost assuredly came from me, with a possible exception or two. I am now ready to make this complete set available to the public because I need to replace funds due to a truck accident that I had recently. That is the only reason I am letting these go. I had planned on keeping this set for many years.

This star studded set has 25 cards. The following is a list of the cards with their individual grade.

1 Roberto Alomar BGS 9

2 Dante Bichette BGS 9

3 Barry Bonds BGS 9

4 Roger Clemens BGS 9.5

5 Juan Gonzalez BGS 8.5

6 Mark Grace BGS 9

7 Vladimir Guerrero BGS 9

8 Tony Gwynn BGS 9.5

9 Derek Jeter BGS 9.5

10 David Justice BGS 9

11 Chuck Knoblauch BGS 9.5

12 Barry Larkin BGS 9.5

13 Greg Maddux BGS 9

14 Paul O'Neill BGS 9

15 Mike Piazza BGS 9

16 Mo Vaughn BGS 9

17 Bernie Williams BGS 9.5

18 Albert Belle BGS 9

19 Ken Griffey, Jr BGS 9

20 Livan Hernandez BGS 9

21 Hideki Irabu BGS 9

22 Mark McGwire BGS 9

23 Raul Mondesi BGS 9.5

24 Andy Pettitte BGS 9.5

25 Tony Clark BGS 8.5

Old 08-04-2020, 07:16 PM
Shane

Set is now sold privately.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:44 AM
Jay T.

If it takes six sides to make a cube, why is the set not divisible by six?
Old 08-05-2020, 09:20 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

6 of the 25 players (nearly 1/4) are Yankees. I guess whoever designed them was a Yankees fan? Given the year of production, it's very odd there is no McGwire or Sosa.

Nice set though. I'd never seen them before. Thanks for showing them and congrats on the quick sale.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Shane

Thank you!

By the way.... There is a McGwire.