NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 03-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Default 55 golden stamps and 71 dell stamps

Posted By: matt x

Recently I have seen a highly graded 1955 peewee reese Golden stamp go for very high dollars. Well I have a complete book of 1955 dodger stamps as well as a whole set of 1971 dell stamps with original box. Am I supposed to separate first before grading? can I get the whole 71 set graded at once? do I Get each team album graded? Is there a correct way to break the stamp away from the album? Is baseball card stamp grading similar to US stamp garding where they count the perforations? Does photo quality affect grade? What do I do with an album that has no stamps?. You see its very complicated to a simple man like me!

Old 03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony N.

If you want to get them graded you cannot cut or slice the stamps- you need to tear them apart. To do that fold them back and forth gently and then tear apart gently. Do not start with a key player!
The '55's are worth something if they don't have paper on the back or creases, I just consigned a set to Goodwin that went for about $550.
The '71's have little value IMO. You cannot get them graded unless they are individuals, but if you grade the entire set at once call first- PSA will cut you a deal and I'm sure SGC probably will as well. If you're looking to sell your best bet is with PSA and focus on the player set collectors. Make sure the stamps are listed on the player set registry or they won't be worth the grading fees, no matter how high the grade.
Photo quality does not seem to factor in, the perf's count but not as much as you'd think.
In the '55's Sandy Amoros is often ungradeable due to always being miscut. The empty book has a low value, but is still worth something= I'm guessing $20.
If you grade the '55's and do so with PSA look to the sets on the registry- you'll have better luck selling singles there than on ebay. It's a thinly traded set and once you get past the few that must have high grades the prices are pretty soft.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: mark

Can somebody tell me why we see the Dodgers, Giants and Indians books all the time and so infrequently the Braves ? Thanks.
Mark