NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2022, 02:37 PM
J@mes In.gram

Default B/S/T Question - OT

Just a question, OT, wondering why on B/S/T listings, once a deal has been made, the price goes away? It would be great to refer back from time to time through the listings and see what went for what.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 01-26-2022, 02:44 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
Just a question, OT, wondering why on B/S/T listings, once a deal has been made, the price goes away? It would be great to refer back from time to time through the listings and see what went for what.
It is a personal choice by the seller to remove the price. Not everyone does it.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:13 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
It is a personal choice by the seller to remove the price. Not everyone does it.
+1 agreed alot of times the seller does not want the price to be known or the buyer requests so others do not know what they paid.
It really is a matter of personal preference

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 01-26-2022, 03:15 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
+1
But let me say to all members, please don't delete the other stuff besides the price in the BST listings. I would appreciate it. And if you do you will probably get a pm from me ....The place would look barren if everyone did that. Thanks...

I think this one was on the BST., Pete S would know....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg young2.jpg (77.7 KB, 1092 views)

Last edited by Leon; 01-26-2022 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:47 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

I always appreciate when the price is left in the listing and it just says "Sold" somewhere. A lot of times I'm just browsing the BST and see a card I'm interested in listed. When I open the listing and see it has sold already I get bummed out, but the very next thing I do is look for the asking price so I know what the card went for and I what I can expect to pay for it when I find another one. Just my opinion and observation.

Nice card by the way Leon.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here

Last edited by CobbSpikedMe; 01-26-2022 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:03 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

25. The War of the Discloses
The eternal, ongoing debate of whether or not the price of a card sold in the B/S/T section should be kept in the thread for posterity’s sake, or removed by the seller.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:40 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Don't know why anyone needs the cloak of secrecy over a sale. . . . if you consigned to an AH the sale price would be right there for all to see.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:50 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Don't know why anyone needs the cloak of secrecy over a sale. . . . if you consigned to an AH the sale price would be right there for all to see.
Some only buy to resell. I have sold cards on here and then see them relisted on here as soon as the new owner gets them at WAY higher than my sale price.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:02 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Quote:
Some only buy to resell. I have sold cards on here and then see them relisted on here as soon as the new owner gets them at WAY higher than my sale price.
I've sold things here and have seen them on ebay next day three times as much...lol. I just try not to need to sell at all...

It's funny though...I just sold something here yesterday and did replace the price with SOLD. I only did that because it seems everyone does it...I totally did the "sheep" thing and did as the others do. Couldn't care less leaving a price out there...so totally just followed the perceived flow...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 01-26-2022, 06:25 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

I replace the price with $SOLD because

1) It tends to stop people from trying to buy it after it's already been sold. Some folks seem to look at the image, scan for a price, and reach out without really reading the text, a postscript, or even the thread title.

2) The price is misleading because it usually is OBO, and thus leaving a price that has nothing to do with the final offer would only mislead those looking for a "sale" figure on something.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:29 PM
Pete Sycks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
+1
But let me say to all members, please don't delete the other stuff besides the price in the BST listings. I would appreciate it. And if you do you will probably get a pm from me ....The place would look barren if everyone did that. Thanks...

That was my Young for sure. I love those huge borders.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 01-26-2022, 09:02 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

I understand not posting the negotiated final sale price, especially if the final sale price is lower than the original list price, because that is the seller’s and buyer’s ultimate business.

However, why delete the original price that the seller posted for the entire form to see when listing the card? The original listing price should always remain. People have already seen it. It was not a secret. It’s just a secret to those that did not see the listing until after the card sold. Just list sold, but keep the original price.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:04 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Maybe the first reply to every sales thread should quote the original post with the prices.

Just sayin'
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)

Last edited by Bigdaddy; 01-26-2022 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:19 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Maybe the first reply to every sales thread should quote the original post with the prices.

Just sayin'
Just sayin' that's not going to happen.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:33 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Are people really using BST asking prices as a tool to evaluate value? I love the BST and have got a fair number of cards from it, but you can't really pull data effectively from it's records to view sold listings of a card, there is a small volume of listings, and almost all deals are closed over the phone/email/DM's so you basically never know what it closed at, and often if it closed at all. I don't see how this is effective except for perhaps an edge case of a card that doesn't come to market with any frequency, and there is nothing else to go off of.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:34 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Are people really using BST asking prices as a tool to evaluate value? I love the BST and have got a fair number of cards from it, but you can't really pull data effectively from it's records to view sold listings of a card, there is a small volume of listings, and almost all deals are closed over the phone/email/DM's so you basically never know what it closed at, and often if it closed at all. I don't see how this is effective except for perhaps an edge case of a card that doesn't come to market with any frequency, and there is nothing else to go off of.
Yes, I look at the asking price and if it says sold I expect to pay something similar if I find a comparable example. The cards I'm looking at are low dollar transactions so the negotiation of a lower price will not be very material to be honest. Most of the cards I'm looking at buying are going to sell between $20 - $200 at the most so there isn't a ton of wiggle room really. I'm not looking at sales data when the asking price is in the thousands. When I see those asking prices I assume there is some negotiation and the actual sale price could be considerably lower than the posted price on the BST. I always assume there was a deal made, especially if the card has been sitting on the BST for a long time and then suddenly sells. But to answer your question, yes, I use asking prices as a barometer for what I expect to buy a card for in my price range.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 01-27-2022, 07:41 AM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
+1

Noted. I've only sold a handful of things on here and have a few I'll be posting sometime in the next week and always removed the price afterwards as I just assumed that was how it was done on here. I'll refrain from doing so in the future. I typically remove the pics of cards that have sold as well if there are multiple cards in the post just to kind of declutter the post but will leave them up from here one out.

Appreciate the info.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

One more thing concerning the BST areas. No one should be commenting there unless it is a positive about a card. Anything at all concerning what someone paid is off limits. That is not the place for it. Any questions LMK...thanks all

and a card...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t205dunn.jpg (72.9 KB, 854 views)

Last edited by Leon; 01-27-2022 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:12 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
I understand not posting the negotiated final sale price, especially if the final sale price is lower than the original list price, because that is the seller’s and buyer’s ultimate business.

However, why delete the original price that the seller posted for the entire form to see when listing the card? The original listing price should always remain. People have already seen it. It was not a secret. It’s just a secret to those that did not see the listing until after the card sold. Just list sold, but keep the original price.
That's been my view as well. I do not sell often on the b/s/t, but I keep the original asking price up after sale unless the buyer asks me to remove it. As a buyer, I have never asked that the sale price be deleted, although it often is by the seller. I assume he has his reasons, but I would prefer it remain. I have not insisted that it stay, and wonder if that would bother or make a difference to the seller.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:23 AM
Ben North

The removing of prices doesn't bother me as much as the same few sellers that bump their listings daily. Sometimes multiple times a day to stay at the top of the page. The BIN listings that very rarely sell in the auction section that get listed over and over and over also make me shake my head.

Here is a card you can purchase in the BST section.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 59F.jpg (73.8 KB, 836 views)
Old 01-27-2022, 09:58 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default a few more things....

Quote:
The removing of prices doesn't bother me as much as the same few sellers that bump their listings daily. Sometimes multiple times a day to stay at the top of the page. The BIN listings that very rarely sell in the auction section that get listed over and over and over also make me shake my head.

Here is a card you can purchase in the BST section.
I don't understand posts like this. If someone bumps a their thread more than once every 3 days, PM me and they will stop. There isn't a written rule, might need to be, but bumping more than once every 3 days is too much to me...
Members can let the thread sit a few days and then bump it. It will still be on the front page.

Also, Please PM me of folks listing the same type items in 3+ threads in the same section at the same time. Members should condense them and just name each card in the subject title.

Old 01-27-2022, 04:34 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
It's a piece of information. Not perfect, but better than nothing. Just like OBO listings on eBay. Take that information and put it together with information from other sources and you can generally get an estimate of a cards value.
1954 Bowman (-5)
Old 01-27-2022, 04:43 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

If you want to know what one of my cards sells for, just buy it.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:50 PM
Albert Bee

Default Bst

Question -
Does that " try not to bump your thread more then once every three days"
apply to the auction section also ?

I seem to recall seeing auction bumps..as much as twice in ONE day ?
Old 01-27-2022, 06:24 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBB View Post
Question -

Hopefully it does.

Last edited by bnorth; 01-27-2022 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:22 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
I've often heard the question asked by the OP.

Rarely has anyone answered it better than Frank did here.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 01-28-2022, 03:38 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I leave "Sold for somewhere between infinity and negative infinity"
Old 01-28-2022, 05:07 AM
ThreadKiller

Default ...

Quote:
if you want to know what one of my cards sells for, just buy it.
this....100%
Old 01-28-2022, 06:26 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Question -

I got tired of selling there. I would love to start back up, but I got tired of seeing my post get buried by one guy in particular who was selling, to put it bluntly, nothing desirable, everything overgraded, and at prices higher than Ebay. Maybe there needs to be a uniform rule, that if you are going to put stuff on there, start EVERYTHING at .99 cents. I dunno.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 01-28-2022 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:32 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I got tired of selling there. I would love to start back up, but I got tired of seeing my post get buried by one guy in particular who was selling, to put it bluntly, nothing desirable, everything overgraded, and at prices higher than Ebay. Maybe there needs to be a uniform rule, that if you are going to put stuff on there, start EVERYTHING at .99 cents. I dunno.
Members should PM me about stupid stuff going on. I don't read every thread.
As far as how many times to bump a Live Auction thread.....since time is of the essence I don't think every 2 days is too much. If anyone does it in 1 day please PM me. I prefer not to have written rules about it at this point.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:59 AM
DR
David R@tliff

Quote:
yeah, but the names of the buyer and seller aren't there
Old 01-28-2022, 07:14 AM
Fred

Quote:

Quote:
Just sayin' that's not going to happen.
Leon,

There have been threads in the past regarding BST etiquette and rules. Perhaps you can sticky this at the top of the BST thread for all to understand. However, I never thought about the Bigdaddy post (quote the original post in a response). I thought that was kind of clever but you're saying no? Just curious, what's the rationale for saying "that's not going to happen"? It sounds like a BST rule that I wasn't aware of in the past.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Quote:

Leon,

There have been threads in the past regarding BST etiquette and rules. Perhaps you can sticky this at the top of the BST thread for all to understand. However, I never thought about the Bigdaddy post (quote the original post in a response). I thought that was kind of clever but you're saying no? Just curious, what's the rationale for saying "that's not going to happen"? It sounds like a BST rule that I wasn't aware of in the past.
So that would be manipulating the system, imo. I have dealt with this exact same thing and took care of it before. Whether a seller leaves up a price or not is THEIR decision not some idiot thinking they are being sly and quoting them. It reminds me when another member got banned...sort of the same thing. He screwed with me thinking he was sly. He WAS sly and WAS banned. He wasn't that sly

Old 01-28-2022, 07:37 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Quote:

Leon,

Another problem would be all the thread bumping to "save" the asking price. We have way too much of that now. Yes Leon we know you posted to contact you but no one wants to be the Jose Canseco rat bastard of Net54.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Another problem would be all the thread bumping to "save" the asking price. We have way too much of that now. Yes Leon we know you posted to contact you but no one wants to be the Jose Canseco rat bastard of Net54.
Anyone PM'ing me stays anonymous. I get them frequently and have never divulged whom I get information from. It's not tattling, it's helping to keep the place a good venue. Anarchy doesn't rule and I appreciate, very much, the PMs...

Last edited by Leon; 01-29-2022 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:34 AM
+0m J()rd@N

Quote:
So that would be manipulating the system, imo. I have dealt with this exact same thing and took care of it before. Whether a seller leaves up a price or not is THEIR decision not some idiot thinking they are being sly and quoting them. It reminds me when another member got banned...sort of the same thing. He screwed with me thinking he was sly. He WAS sly and WAS banned. He wasn't that sly

Thanks for all you do Leon, to keep this forum civil and on target.
1954 Bowman (-5)
Old 01-29-2022, 08:22 AM
Jason B.

Quote:
+1

Seeing a great old card you used to own is kind of like seeing a gorgeous ex-girlfriend with another guy. At least she's in good hands

Bought the card from REA in 2017 and owned it until Pete S. and I worked out a trade for an inexcusably more modern card.
It was the right move for my collection, but haven't been able to get an e90-1 Young back into the fold yet either!
Glad it sold right here on the BST.

Enjoy Leon!
|
Attached Images
File Type: jpg young2.jpg (77.7 KB, 586 views)
WTB: '15 CJ Wagner & WaJo (PSA 2-3) | '33 Sport Kings Babe Ruth (PSA 4-5) | '52T Ed Mathews (PSA 4-5) | '47 VanPatrick Postcard of Bob Feller.
T-206 Monster: 520/520 (PSA 4-6)
Old 02-01-2022, 07:11 AM
Ben North

There has been some great stuff in the auction section lately.

Ending date in the title would help people know when it ends. Also when over change the title to reflect it is over by changing date to SOLD or ENDED.

To change the title click on edit in the lower right corner. Then click on go advanced in the lower right corner and then it will let you edit the title.

For the Jedi mind trick humor. The 1953 Topps License Plate Cards are not the cards you are looking for.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:36 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
I will haggle a bit and I will give the few friends that I have on this forum a deal that I would not give a stranger. Therefore all sales prices posting honestly could be misleading.

"You sold the same dollar value card to Hiram McNulty for $50 and now you want to charge me, Sylvester Monboquet, $100".

See what I mean, $OLD solves that problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I've often heard the question asked by the OP.

Rarely has anyone answered it better than Frank did here.
Posted by a member who wants to be one of my few forum friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourStrikes View Post
this....100%
And another one wants to come out of the woodwork.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 02-01-2022 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:21 PM
Bry@n

I used to change my listings to say $OLD. I realized I like seeing the asking prices when I try to research things by looking on the BST, which happens somewhat frequently, so now I add (sold) to the title when things are gone so people don't have to click on it, and then next to the asking price I put (SOLD) if it sold tor the ask and if I eventually took an offer or made a trade I leave the ask but cross it out and still put (SOLD). I would love it if everyone did this. I have never once been asked by someone to remove the price because it is a private transaction --- likely because everyone knows the price was already posted on a public site with tons of views and would probably be available to anyone who pms to ask. And as the seller I have some say in things too.

What drives me crazy on the BST is when something sells and the seller adds a new post saying Sold!, which bumps a no longer available item back up to the top, instead of just editing the initial post and leaving it in the list wherever it already was so it can get off page 1 faster.

Last edited by Jobu; 02-01-2022 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2022, 05:42 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
LOL, I sent Fred(GoldenAge50s) a link to this thread. He said he agreed and only bumps daily because Octavio(rjackson44) does it. They both agreed it wasn't fair to others. Then I see they have both done it again today.

Octavio does it the funniest way. He lists a one day BIN auction with no dates posted. Then bumps it the next day with ends tonight. Then on the third day in a row bump he will edit the second bump and give it a third day bump with ends tonight.

My question to the forum is am I the only one besides Bobby that cares? To me those 2 ruin the auction section. If no one else cares I will let it go and just ignore them. If others also care I will be the one to PM Leon about it and complain.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:24 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
LOL, I sent Fred(GoldenAge50s) a link to this thread. He said he agreed and only bumps daily because Octavio(rjackson44) does it. They both agreed it wasn't fair to others. Then I see they have both done it again today.

Octavio does it the funniest way. He lists a one day BIN auction with no dates posted. Then bumps it the next day with ends tonight. Then on the third day in a row bump he will edit the second bump and give it a third day bump with ends tonight.

My question to the forum is am I the only one besides Bobby that cares? To me those 2 ruin the auction section. If no one else cares I will let it go and just ignore them. If others also care I will be the one to PM Leon about it and complain.
If anyone bumps a regular BST thread in 1 day please PM me. I will lock it and it won't be bumped again. Seems like an easy fix to me. No one should be doing that or try to be sly....I don't like sly.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:11 AM
Al Stein

There wouldn't be much in the auction section without Fred and Octavio's stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2022, 05:47 AM
FredYoung

Quote:

In answer to Ben-Yes, I have been guilty of bumping more often than I should---ONE big reason--MANY OTHERS do it & why should my auctions get buried?
There has been a lot more listings lately & altho I try to only bump every other day or so, sometimes the "dead" auctions need to be climbed over.

I have been a loyal member of Net 54 for many years, have run 6 auctions a week for more than 2 years and NOT 1 complaint about my service, honesty or integrity. I would like to think a bump or 2 is not a tremendous problem, but I would rather not have to do it!
Old 02-04-2022, 07:10 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
In answer to Ben-Yes, I have been guilty of bumping more often than I should---ONE big reason--MANY OTHERS do it & why should my auctions get buried?
There has been a lot more listings lately & altho I try to only bump every other day or so, sometimes the "dead" auctions need to be climbed over.

I have been a loyal member of Net 54 for many years, have run 6 auctions a week for more than 2 years and NOT 1 complaint about my service, honesty or integrity. I would like to think a bump or 2 is not a tremendous problem, but I would rather not have to do it!
I couldn't agree more with the part I made bold. Fred is a great guy and I have NEVER heard of anybody having a bad transaction with him.

I do disagree with the bumping part as it is/was only 2 people doing it. Like Fred said there have been several people listing in the last week or so and it is awesome to get a better selection on there. This is not a new problem with Fred as it has been brought up multiple times over the years I have been on here. Those that don't bump everyday just get tired of seeing their stuff buried and quit listing. Then we all suffer because we get 2 people listing and playing the who can bump the most game.

LOL, now I see we have Octavio skirting the rules by listing new one day BIN priced auctions the last 2 days.

I am now done posting about it as it seems nobody else cares. I just wanted to vent one last time and agree with Fred that he IS one of the good guys on here.

Last edited by bnorth; 02-04-2022 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:37 PM
Albert Bee

Default Bst

I think the rules should be followed.... many guys ( super nice and fair people to deal with ) like to keep their stuff at the top ....I dont think its fair
Old 02-04-2022, 02:57 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Question -

I'm stull looking for a large Honus Wagner framed portrait. Let me know if you see one by any chance.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:59 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Kidding aide, I don't see very much "abusing" of the BST good will system at all, but maybe since I'm not selling I'm not as attuned to it as others.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:28 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Kidding aide, I don't see very much "abusing" of the BST good will system at all, but maybe since I'm not selling I'm not as attuned to it as others.
They are only talking about the Live Auction section of the BST, I believe. There is some urgency there as they are auctions. Maybe we should only allow 2 live at one time? Because of course 2-3 means 3. I don't know who came up with that idea.

Old 02-04-2022, 04:04 PM

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread but I have a suggestion for those who list items in the auction section of BST. PLEASE put the time and date of closing in the title. Some folks do and some don't.