NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 01-25-2022, 09:02 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Unfortunately the great unwashed and Qmorons who are not critical thinkers complain about 'draconian rules' (their words) in other countries yet they know little of what they speak. Post all of the links you wish but the truth wills out.

'Texas Ted' and a Canadian member here railed about Australia and their rules. The facts:

Australia - population 25.69 million.
Cases
2.29M
Deaths
Location Cases Deaths
Australian Capital Territory 31,941 25
New South Wales 994K 1,139
Northern Territory 9,702 2
Queensland 345K 129
South Australia 103K 74
Tasmania 25,884 16
Victoria 776K 1,836
Western Australia 1,415 9

Hmmm. I guess it is not working there. Western Australia with a population of 2.7 million. Its largest city Perth with 2 million people. My God, the horrors!!!!

New Zealand has always been a bio-control zone. Try to bring a piece of fruit, raw nuts or seeds into the country and you will pay a hefty fine. If you have ever tried to enter the country you know what I mean. I have. You go through biological control before you can even go through passport control. The first time I was there in 2002 for the America's Cup prelim races the headline on the news for two days was about some school buses that were purchased from Australia. They found a non-native spider on one of them. They were tented and fumigated in a large parking lot for several days.

New Zealand
Total cases
Deaths

The current population of New Zealand is 4,883,423 as of Tuesday, January 25, 2022.
I guess their PM Jacinda Arden is just some Gen Xer who is too young to know and panicked when she put her country on lockdown and closed the borders.

That is pretty amazing. 52 deaths in a country of 4.9 million people over a two year period. Ontario had that many on Monday, January 17, 2022.

Ontario - population 14.57 million
Total cases
Deaths

So a country with 33.5% of the population of your PROVINCE has 0.48% of the number of deaths. The Maoris should uprise and overthrow the government. Kill all the Kiwis!!!

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 01-25-2022 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:07 PM
Tim Odeen

If I still lived near my hippy anti government friend I'd have him explain your theories to me. Then he'd tell me about smoking ayahuasca, and taking acid after smoking dope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 01-25-2022, 09:09 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

I don’t take any post seriously unless a YouTube or Twitter link is included.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:13 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Did you hear that the Flintstones are becoming popular in the Middle East? Dubai doesn't watch it, but Abu Dhabi Doo!

Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 01-25-2022, 09:16 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Who/what convinced you two to get vaccinated?
Was it Bill Gates, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, Racheal Maddow, Dr. Monica Ghandi, Joe Biden or Dr. Fauci himself?
Funny, isn't it, but not likely to you two, that they're all back peddling now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8n9GpftejE

Is it possible, even slightly, that you 2 are also suffering with mass formation psychosis? Nah, never, just another conspiracy theory, right.
Maybe you should go debate it with one of the countless doctors (I know some myself) who have seen first hand in their hospitals and practices the much higher percentage of serious illness and death among the unvaccinated than among the vaccinated (and even more so the boosted). I am sure you know more than they do, after all they are just part of the lying machine, so it should be easy for you to prevail.

BTW I'm not advocating for mandates or lockdowns and I respect individuals' decisions not to get the shot. I'm just against the spread of garbage misinformation.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-25-2022 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:33 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I am unvaxed and will stay that way. I had Covid in December. I had a very low grade fever and a sore throat. That's it. Once the symptoms went away, I kept testing positive, but finally got 2 consecutive negatives and was able to go back to work. I'll gladly take a couple of mild symptoms over a vaccine with well documented major side effects.

About a month earlier, in early November, I was on the treadmill at my gym doing my usual 30 minutes of cardio. About 7 minutes into my run, I got out of breath and had to slow down to a walk. After a couple of minutes, I resumed my run, but the same thing happened again quickly. I finished the rest of the 30 minutes walking. The first time it happened, my hands were on the heart rate meter and my HB went from 127 to 64 instantly. After that, every time I would exert myself I would get out of breath. For a long time, I thought it was a respiratory/pulmonary problem. The problem continued and I recently found out it was a heart problem. My heart rate kept getting lower and lower by the day.

As I sit here typing, I'm at Methodist Hospital West Houston with with a pacemaker that was installed earlier today. They first implanted a temporary pacemaker because they felt it was an emergency (my HB was 16) until they could put a permanent pacemaker in this afternoon. The procedure went great and the good news was that my heart is healthy and I might not need the pacemaker for the rest of my life. I ho home tomorrow morning.

In between the temporary pacemaker and the permanent pacemaker, they did an echocardiogram. I was talking to the tech and the subject of vaccines came up. She was vaccinated, but said she'd seen so many people with organ failure as a result of the vaccine. I'm not going to listen to statistics from either side to sway me either way. I'll get it straight from the mouth of healthcare workers and I've talked to many with similar stories. They don't have an agenda.

If I take the vaccine and boosters, I have a 98% chance of living if I get covid again. If I don't take the vaccine, I have 100% chance of not developing major side effects. It's an easy choice for me, but everyone can make their own health choices.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:29 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Where are these reports of organ failure?
Old 01-26-2022, 06:38 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Did you even open those Twitter links to see what they were?
One is vid taken directly from CNN news where Tapper is also talking about the false/fake hospital numbers and the other is a health expert up here talking about how they are going to switch the numbers up to be "more accurate"

So, do you think what your T.V. screen tells you is the only factual, truthful and unbiased news around?
You do realize, just like up here, MSM is all funded by the gov't and what MSM tells you is what they are told to tell you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meedia3.jpg (47.6 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by irv; 01-26-2022 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:51 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Maybe you should go debate it with one of the countless doctors (I know some myself) who have seen first hand in their hospitals and practices the much higher percentage of serious illness and death among the unvaccinated than among the vaccinated (and even more so the boosted). I am sure you know more than they do, after all they are just part of the lying machine, so it should be easy for you to prevail.

BTW I'm not advocating for mandates or lockdowns and I respect individuals' decisions not to get the shot. I'm just against the spread of garbage misinformation.
So, you're going to try and use that one again despite the articles I posted about all the doctor's, nurses and other medical professionals who refuse the vaccines because they know they are shit and don't work?

I assume, like I've witnessed from you before, what you post and state is the real truth because that is what you want to believe but whenever anyone else posts something of the opposite, because it goes against your believes, it is all fake news.

Tell me, Peter, why are so many hospitals currently understaffed and why are some hospitals now calling back those same nurses, doctors and other medical professionals they once fired?
Were they fired due to their lack of work ethic or something other?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hundreds-h...ry?id=80303408
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/26/n...ccination.html
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...nded-1.6191433

Curious, how many of these doctors and nurses that you know decided willfully to take the vaccines rather than being forced/coerced to?
Think any of them decided it was worth the risk rather than lose their jobs, their pensions and everything else associate with that like possibly losing their homes and providing for their families?
Old 01-26-2022, 07:40 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Did you even open those Twitter links to see what they were?
One is vid taken directly from CNN news where Tapper is also talking about the false/fake hospital numbers and the other is a health expert up here talking about how they are going to switch the numbers up to be "more accurate"

So, do you think what your T.V. screen tells you is the only factual, truthful and unbiased news around?
You do realize, just like up here, MSM is all funded by the gov't and what MSM tells you is what they are told to tell you?
Mostly listen to my doctor. He’s brilliant but better than that he’s a good and trustworthy person in my opinion - he even coached my nephew’s baseball team. Without me going to medical school that’s kind of who I rely on. Bad idea?
Old 01-26-2022, 08:35 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Without trying to get political, which countries and/or states, blue or red, seem to be pushing this agenda, passports and mandates, more than the other?
Liberal gov't up here and south of me. Australia and France, to name a couple others. I am unsure so don't shoot me, but if I am not mistaken, these countries/states have the most draconian rules in place, no?
I said it in the other thread. I honestly don't believe this is about covid nor the vaccines. They are, imo, just a means to an end for the global reset, the agenda 2030 movement.
How can an honest, for the people gov't, push/coerce a vaccine on its citizens and require mandates and passports when once vaccinated you can still contract and spread the disease you're vaccinated against?? It makes zero sense.
https://twitter.com/MaajidNawaz/stat...C92aCxop8pAAAA

And those were all tested and verified to be safe, which likely took years, before they were released to the general public. They are not unapproved EUA only vaccines like these covid ones are. It's amazing how many still don't understand that.
I think one of the most draconian countries when it comes to covid is that great liberal state of China.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:38 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
So, you're going to try and use that one again despite the articles I posted about all the doctor's, nurses and other medical professionals who refuse the vaccines because they know they are shit and don't work?

I assume, like I've witnessed from you before, what you post and state is the real truth because that is what you want to believe but whenever anyone else posts something of the opposite, because it goes against your believes, it is all fake news.

Tell me, Peter, why are so many hospitals currently understaffed and why are some hospitals now calling back those same nurses, doctors and other medical professionals they once fired?
Were they fired due to their lack of work ethic or something other?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hundreds-h...ry?id=80303408
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/26/n...ccination.html
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...nded-1.6191433

Curious, how many of these doctors and nurses that you know decided willfully to take the vaccines rather than being forced/coerced to?
Think any of them decided it was worth the risk rather than lose their jobs, their pensions and everything else associate with that like possibly losing their homes and providing for their families?
Since you seem to have access to "real" news, can you please post actual numbers or percentages of doctors/nurses who have taken the vaccine vs. those who choose not to?
Old 01-26-2022, 09:03 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Since you seem to have access to "real" news, can you please post actual numbers or percentages of doctors/nurses who have taken the vaccine vs. those who choose not to?
To a closed loop thinker, it's irrelevant because by definition the ones who have taken them have been brainwashed or coerced. That's because it's a proven FACT they don't work, and the overwhelming data to the contrary is FAKE and the result of a conspiracy whose ultimate objective is to create a new world order. The closed loop/circular thinking works perfectly!!

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-26-2022 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:06 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Don't be silly, of course I can't, just like I can't find the numbers of those that died "WITH" covid and those that died "OF" covid.
For some odd reason, they have combined those 2 stats from the very beginning?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw9Ci2PZKZg

Like I said earlier, and maybe in the other thread, the truth is slowly trickling out but some still refuse to acknowledge that fact.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:02 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoo View Post
A lot of people have woken up over the past couple years to the actions of the criminal syndicate, but to those still sleeping... what do you think came first, the virus or the vaccine?
No, take off your tin hat, its all a conspiracy. Vaccines, covid, mandates, passports, climate change, global warming and the rest of it are all real threats and not about the money and control because they, the gov't and their funded media, loves and cares about us so much!
https://twitter.com/skifflegirl/stat...82739594076161
https://twitter.com/EzraKahan/status...01256579276803
Old 01-26-2022, 10:08 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Don't be silly, of course I can't, just like I can't find the numbers of those that died "WITH" covid and those that died "OF" covid.
For some odd reason, they have combined those 2 stats from the very beginning?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw9Ci2PZKZg

Like I said earlier, and maybe in the other thread, the truth is slowly trickling out but some still refuse to acknowledge that fact.
Ok, but you are using certain articles as a hammer for your argument showing these doctors/nurses who refuse to get the vaccine. What percentage of the entire doctor/nurse population do you think that represents?

I agree that the "truth" is slowly trickling out. Unlike you, I assume, I feel that that truth is because we have been dealing with the unknown and are trying to use past experience to guide us in the best possible manner (ex: masks), and we are adjusting as we go. You appear to be saying that the truth is this is some vast conspiracy meant to make us sheep, or however you want to put it.

How do you know the "truth" isn't that vaccines aren't the best possible roadblock we have against this runaway virus, even if it's obviously imperfect?
OR, do you feel we'd have more or less deaths actually tied to covid (following whatever data put out by whatever media/gov't agency you choose to follow) if there were no vaccine at all?
Old 01-26-2022, 10:10 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
No, take off your tin hat, its all a conspiracy. Vaccines, covid, mandates, passports, climate change, global warming and the rest of it are all real threats and not about the money and control because they, the gov't and their funded media, loves and cares about us so much!
https://twitter.com/skifflegirl/stat...82739594076161
https://twitter.com/EzraKahan/status...01256579276803
I'm not sure how to interpret your emoji. Are you saying climate change and covid aren't real?
Old 01-26-2022, 11:37 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Ok, but you are using certain articles as a hammer for your argument showing these doctors/nurses who refuse to get the vaccine. What percentage of the entire doctor/nurse population do you think that represents?

I agree that the "truth" is slowly trickling out. Unlike you, I assume, I feel that that truth is because we have been dealing with the unknown and are trying to use past experience to guide us in the best possible manner (ex: masks), and we are adjusting as we go. You appear to be saying that the truth is this is some vast conspiracy meant to make us sheep, or however you want to put it.

How do you know the "truth" isn't that vaccines aren't the best possible roadblock we have against this runaway virus, even if it's obviously imperfect?
OR, do you feel we'd have more or less deaths actually tied to covid (following whatever data put out by whatever media/gov't agency you choose to follow) if there were no vaccine at all?
Quote:
I'm not sure how to interpret your emoji. Are you saying climate change and covid aren't real?
We live in a corrupt and crooked world and the WEF, as I have shown, and Liberal leaders around the world are all on board with this globalization plan. Watch the 2 vids I posted of Trudeau and Trump no matter how hard that is for you and others to watch and you will see this "agenda" is nothing new. It is, in my opinion why the Dems and their funded media went after Trump so hard. Even up here he was being attacked daily by our Liberal funded news, and he still is, just not as often now. He was a threat and was getting in the way of their plans. What I am believing is covid, the vaccines and climate change are simply tools for them to obtain funds for their new world order plans. I know, it's a tough one to swallow, a tough one to believe and I am also not 100% entirely sure myself, TBH, because we know so little so far, but things are beginning to add up. Notice the "bold" below. Where have you seen, heard this before that therapeutics, ivermectin, Hydorxy, Z packs and all other forms of medication, with ivermectin being referred to as horse medicine, simply don't work? Vaccines, vaccines and more vaccines! Was there/has there been any talk during this pandemic about proper diet, exercise, taking vitamin D, vitamin C or anything else health related during this pandemic? If there was, I certainly haven't seen any of it up here as we've been told to stay home, isolate and wear a mask at all times if you need to go out for emergencies.
Fauci himself said Trump would experience a pandemic during his tenure. Coincidence, maybe, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around it.
Watch this then tell me they weren't planning this pandemic for a while.

(Copy and Paste)

Panel discussion including Dr. Fauci on how to get the world to trust the new (mRNA) vaccine technology. As I stated before this becomes extremely difficult in a normal process. Fauci admits it would take at least a decade and someone on the panel mentions "if something were to get out." This is in 2019. Not sure if its before or after Event 201 where they play out the exact scenario. They discuss much more than just the flu virus.

6:30 ish mark.

8:15 ish mark. "Why don't we blow the system up. (typical vaccine production)

18:30 ish mark. "Does something really bad have to happen?"

22:15 mark. Fauci explaining how long it takes to prove a mRNA vaccine is safe. "That alone if it works perfectly is going to take a decade." I remind you this was in 2019.

42:37 mark. If the 2009 pandemic had been much more deadly would that have been a better thing for humanity? In other words so we could have pushed this new type of easy to mfg vaccine on the world.

46:40

Now in Event 201 in 2019 world and medical establishment leaders play out this scenario and include how to downplay therapeutics to get universal use of the vaccine.

The point of posting this isn't to say it was released intentionally but reasoning behind why the mRNA vaccine was pushed so hard.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?465845...al-flu-vaccine

Last edited by irv; 01-26-2022 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:55 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Irv: let's keep it simple:

Do you feel we would have a higher or lower covid death toll if there were no vaccines?
Old 01-26-2022, 12:18 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Do you realize that this statement is completely false? Or, let me guess, you'd prefer to call it an "alternative fact"?
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 01-26-2022, 12:20 PM
Peter Spaeth

Notice how Prince Charles, President Biden, and Dr. Fauci are roughly the same age or at least clearly in the same generation. It is a little known fact, and I will post YouTube links as soon as I find them, that in their 40s they were in the same secret elite society and actually formulated plans to take over the world and to subjugate the masses through .. wait for it … a vaccine. They got funding from certain Jewish banking families, George Soros, and Pfizer, and commenced work. Fauci worked decades at NIH just biding his time and making contacts with Chinese scientists and secretly promoting mRNA technology because it works really well to subjugate people and make money. It took them longer than they expected for it all to play out, a couple of elections didn't go as they had hoped even though they tried their best to steal them, etc., but it's now happening before our very eyes.

And beware Prince Charles and the Great Reset. I bet most of you don't realize what a key player in the new world order he is. And you thought he was just some benevolent royal whose mom lived forever denying him his day on the throne. The perfect cover for all the work he secretly has been doing for the green, woke elites who are taking everything over.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-26-2022 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Do you realize that this statement is completely false? Or, let me guess, you'd prefer to call it an "alternative fact"?
Two posts ago he said the Dems controlled the media, I am confused.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:24 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Notice how Prince Charles, President Biden, and Dr. Fauci are roughly the same age or at least clearly in the same generation. It is a little known fact, and I will post YouTube links as soon as I find them, that in their 40s they were in the same secret elite society and actually formulated plans to take over the world and to subjugate the masses through .. wait for it … a vaccine. They got funding from certain Jewish banking families, George Soros, and Pfizer, and commenced work. Fauci worked decades at NIH just biding his time and making contacts with Chinese scientists and secretly promoting mRNA technology because it works really well to subjugate people and make money. It took them longer than they expected for it all to play out, a couple of elections didn't go as they had hoped, etc., but it's now happening before our very eyes.
Is this sarcasm?
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 01-26-2022, 12:31 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Is this sarcasm?
Do you really have to ask?

Old 01-26-2022, 12:33 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Do you really have to ask?
I am hoping it is, Peter. The thing is that some of Irv's posts read like sarcasm too...
Old 01-26-2022, 12:38 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Irv: let's keep it simple:

Do you feel we would have a higher or lower covid death toll if there were no vaccines?
Since the case numbers and deaths are all higher now than they were pre-vaccines, I'd hazard a guess and say we'd have a lower death count.

Quote:
How so? Our Liberal gov't up here funds the CBC, The Toronto Star and likely many others, and that is a well known fact.
If yours stateside are not funded directly from your gov't, then those that do the funding definitely have links to a certain political party.
Do you believe the likes of CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times and many others are not left leaning propaganda sites? Do you believe they are unbiased, non-bipartisan and always tell the truth and the whole story?
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle29354285/
https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...udeau-liberals

Last edited by irv; 01-26-2022 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:38 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I am hoping it is, Peter. The thing is that some of Irv's posts read like sarcasm too...
No, they just read like drivel lol.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:44 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Since the case numbers and deaths are all higher now than they were pre-vaccines, I'd hazard a guess and say we'd have a lower death count.

How so? Our Liberal gov't up here funds the CDC, The Toronto Star and likely many others, and that is a well known fact.
If yours stateside are not funded directly from your gov't, then those that do the funding definitely have links to a certain political party.
Do you believe the likes of CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times and many others are not left leaning propaganda sites? Do you believe they are unbiased, non-bipartisan and always tell the truth and the whole story?
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle29354285/
https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...udeau-liberals
Our gov't has been liberal for about a year now, before that it was conservative. Was the CDC in on the plot when the CDC was conservative?

Do right-leaning media sites like Fox, OAN, etc always tell the truth and the whole story without being biased and non-partisan?

What media sites do you go to for unbiased, non-partisan information?
Old 01-26-2022, 12:46 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
It is possible that case numbers and deaths would be even HIGHER if we didn't have vaccines?
Old 01-26-2022, 12:46 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Our gov't has been liberal for about a year now, before that it was conservative. Was the CDC in on the plot when the CDC was conservative?

Do right-leaning media sites like Fox, OAN, etc always tell the truth and the whole story without being biased and non-partisan?

Since Trump was the leading force behind Operation Warp Speed, he must have been in on it too, no? Damn RINO.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-26-2022 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
It is possible that case numbers and deaths would be even HIGHER if we didn't have vaccines?
Too bad this nationwide data is all FAKE or it might support your point. You see, "THEY" want you to believe it because it furthers "their" plans for world control. Of course, you can look at the underlying data too, it's transparent, but I am telling you the underlying data is also FAKE, every hospital that collected it is part of the conspiracy, every scientist that analyzed it is part of the conspiracy, and naturally the government is the leader of the conspiracy, so I urge you to disregard it. But just in case you're curious/brainwashed/coopted/suffering from a mass psychosis:

During October–November, unvaccinated persons had 13.9 and 53.2 times the risks for infection and COVID-19–associated death, respectively, compared with fully vaccinated persons who received booster doses, and 4.0 and 12.7 times the risks compared with fully vaccinated persons without booster doses.

An unvaccinated person was more than 50 times as likely to die from COVID as a fully boosted person during that time period.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-26-2022 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:55 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:

I have no idea?

No, of course not, but some are worse than others. It's of my opinion that CNN is by far the worst, with MSNBC being a close second.
Fox news is also biased, I get that, but in my opinion CNN is so far out in left field they are beyond the bleachers whereas Fox, imo, are at least still in the ball park.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:00 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
How so? Our Liberal gov't up here funds the CDC, The Toronto Star and likely many others, and that is a well known fact.

I appreciate the reply. "Links to a certain political party" is rather vague, but a quick search reveals that current Comcast (owner of MSNBC) CEO Brian Roberts has donated five-figure sums to both Republican and Democratic politicians over the fifteen years or so. (Although more to the latter than the former.)

The outlets that you mentioned are more left-leaning than FOX, for example, but I do not believe it is accurate to describe them as "left-leaning propaganda sites." You might find it interesting to compare them to more left-leaning news outlets such as Democracy Now! ( https://www.democracynow.org/ ) , Mother Jones ( https://www.motherjones.com/ ) or The Nation ( https://www.thenation.com/ ).

You asked, "Do you believe that [news outlets] are unbiased, non-bipartisan and always tell the truth and the whole story?"

No, they are absolutely biased and rarely, if ever, tell the whole story. I believe this is true about every single one of these sources, including the three I linked.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I appreciate the reply. "Links to a certain political party" is rather vague, but a quick search reveals that current Comcast (owner of MSNBC) CEO Brian Roberts has donated five-figure sums to both Republican and Democratic politicians over the fifteen years or so. (Although more to the latter than the former.)

The outlets that you mentioned are more left-leaning than FOX, for example, but I do not believe it is accurate to describe them as "left-leaning propaganda sites." You might find it interesting to compare them to more left-leaning news outlets such as Democracy Now! ( https://www.democracynow.org/ ) , Mother Jones ( https://www.motherjones.com/ ) or The Nation ( https://www.thenation.com/ ).

You asked, "Do you believe that [news outlets] are unbiased, non-bipartisan and always tell the truth and the whole story?"

No, they are absolutely biased and rarely, if ever, tell the whole story. I believe this is true about every single one of these sources, including the three I linked.
I find MSNBC more left biased than CNN. Not that CNN, or anyone except the Wall Street Journal LOL, doesn't lean some way nowadays.

Old 01-26-2022, 01:18 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
I find MSNBC more left biased than CNN. Not that CNN, or anyone except the Wall Street Journal LOL, doesn't lean some way nowadays.
Right. It seems to me also that the task of unpacking a perceived media "bias" nowadays is also made more challenging by changes in the way news is consumed. The motivation to generate unique page views and clicks creates its own kind of bias in a way: more "controversial" content tends to generate clicks and comments...
Old 01-26-2022, 01:19 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that around 60% of those in Congress are attorneys/have law degrees, and something like 59% of all US Presidents were lawyers?

Actually, I always thought the preferred lawyer joke was:

What do you call 100,000 lawyers at the bottom of the lake/ocean.................a good start!

Feel free to come back with any well known CPA joke/cliche/adage............if you can find one! LOL

And I always liked and felt you could trust Harry Truman, he sold hats and suits, and is the only President since the 20th century began to not have gone to college!
CPA, the only career too boring to even have jokes about it.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:22 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
The what now?
The agenda 2030 movement.
Formerly known as the agenda 2020
Formerly known as ... I forget, directive 12? Something like that.

Known by the rest of us as "that gibberish that keeps the dummys spending their cash on whatever snake oil we're hawking on the internet. because it doesn't come from big pharma."
Old 01-26-2022, 01:25 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
I blame Greta Thunberg. It's all a ruse to distract attention from climate change.
Greta is secretly the card doctor supplying PWCC.... to distract us from the ....

Well, I can't say, or at least that's what the persuasive guy in the black suit is telling me.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:27 PM
Steve Birmingham

FFS people the foil goes SHINY SIDE OUT!
Old 01-26-2022, 02:09 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
CPA, the only career too boring to even have jokes about it.
So true, so true. Of all the professions out there, this is the reason you never really see shows about them.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:50 PM
D@le Irv*n

"1818 cases of FULLY vaccinated in the hospital compared to 752 in the unvaccinated"
"232 cases of FULLY vaccinated in the ICU compared to 206 in the unvaccinated"
"3805 cases today of FULLY vaccinated compared to 801 in the unvaccinated"

I wonder what all of the fully vaccinated, who spent time in the hospital, (since there are never any interviews with these fully vaccinated individuals), think of the vaccines now?
Were they willing to play Russian Roulette and take their chances or were they just like Geraldo Rivera who thought once vaccinated, they would be immune/protected like all the previous vaccines did?

"GERALDO RIVERA: I have. I have. I'm in my basement cave by Greg where I've been basically living. You know, I am -- I am vaccinated to Moderna shots, then boosted with the Pfizer booster. You know, I thought for sure that I was immune. I've been very hard on the unvaccinated as Dana suggests.

I eat some humble pie in that regard because I went to Key West, Florida with my family on vacation and guess what. I came back with a scratchy throat. I insisted I didn't need a test because I was vaccinated and boosted. Then, Erica my wife insisted. So, a couple of days by the time we finally got the appointment I take the test. Erica's negative and I am positive.

It was shocking to me. It was in some ways embarrassing. I didn't quite know how to respond to it. So I did what I usually do. I went on twitter, but yes. You know, it's very frustrating. I think that to spare the president undue criticism, I think that what he should really be criticized for is the ruthless treatment of Donald Trump by Joe Biden regarding testing. You know, Trump had problems with testing but nothing of the colossal order of this magnitude.

https://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/150236
Old 01-26-2022, 04:08 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that around 60% of those in Congress are attorneys/have law degrees, and something like 59% of all US Presidents were lawyers?

Actually, I always thought the preferred lawyer joke was:

What do you call 100,000 lawyers at the bottom of the lake/ocean.................a good start!

Feel free to come back with any well known CPA joke/cliche/adage............if you can find one! LOL

And I always liked and felt you could trust Harry Truman, he sold hats and suits, and is the only President since the 20th century began to not have gone to college!

Your facts are not quite right:

Congress is made up of four main occupational backgrounds: law, business, public service, and education. Those from a law background still dominate Congress—but not with nearly the stranglehold they did in the early part of the 20th century. Today lawyers represent less than 40 percent of Congress. In the place of law, new competing occupations have risen in prominence, such as business, medicine and a professionalized political class composed of political aides and members of civil society.

Additionally, only 4 of the last 10 presidents had/have law degrees with two of them being disbarred - Nixon resigned from two, disbarred from one. Slick Willy disbarred from two.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 01-26-2022, 04:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

Only one lawyer of the four "squad" members. And only one if you now consider, as some do, the squad to include six members.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-26-2022 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:20 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
"1818 cases of FULLY vaccinated in the hospital compared to 752 in the unvaccinated"
"232 cases of FULLY vaccinated in the ICU compared to 206 in the unvaccinated"
"3805 cases today of FULLY vaccinated compared to 801 in the unvaccinated"

I wonder what all of the fully vaccinated, who spent time in the hospital, (since there are never any interviews with these fully vaccinated individuals), think of the vaccines now?
Were they willing to play Russian Roulette and take their chances or were they just like Geraldo Rivera who thought once vaccinated, they would be immune/protected like all the previous vaccines did?

"GERALDO RIVERA: I have. I have. I'm in my basement cave by Greg where I've been basically living. You know, I am -- I am vaccinated to Moderna shots, then boosted with the Pfizer booster. You know, I thought for sure that I was immune. I've been very hard on the unvaccinated as Dana suggests.

I eat some humble pie in that regard because I went to Key West, Florida with my family on vacation and guess what. I came back with a scratchy throat. I insisted I didn't need a test because I was vaccinated and boosted. Then, Erica my wife insisted. So, a couple of days by the time we finally got the appointment I take the test. Erica's negative and I am positive.

It was shocking to me. It was in some ways embarrassing. I didn't quite know how to respond to it. So I did what I usually do. I went on twitter, but yes. You know, it's very frustrating. I think that to spare the president undue criticism, I think that what he should really be criticized for is the ruthless treatment of Donald Trump by Joe Biden regarding testing. You know, Trump had problems with testing but nothing of the colossal order of this magnitude.

https://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/150236
You’ve spent enough time on this that i assume you know those numbers don’t support your argument. In a hypothetical population of 1000 if 900 are vaccinated and 100 are unvaccinated and then 26 vaccinated people and 25 unvaccinated people wind up on the ICU, please get vaccinated.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:29 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
You’ve spent enough time on this that i assume you know those numbers don’t support your argument. In a hypothetical population of 1000 if 900 are vaccinated and 100 are unvaccinated and then 26 vaccinated people and 25 unvaccinated people wind up on the ICU, please get vaccinated.
This has been explained to him repeatedly and he just keeps responding with the same highly misleading raw numbers. I think he truly doesn't understand it.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-26-2022 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:33 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
This has been explained to him repeatedly and he just keeps responding with the same highly misleading raw numbers. I think he truly doesn't understand it.
I will say that I have at least learned a bit from this thread. A takeaway from you is that it may have been a bad idea or just simply wrong to call it a vaccine in the first place.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:39 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I will say that I have at least learned a bit from this thread. A takeaway from you is that it may have been a bad idea or just simply wrong to call it a vaccine in the first place.
I believe someone else made that point and I just followed up on it.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:35 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
I think it's fairly well known that some of our US agencies are more liberal while others tend more conservative. And overall, averaged out, they equate to moderate. Obviously the top heads that may be more one way or the other are easily replaceable, but career bureaucrats are passionate about doing what's best.

While I don't believe in a deep state, Trump was on to something that some career bureaucrats know how to slow down new directions if they disagree with their new acting director.

Also, while I don't buy into conspiracies, don't forget that big oil also owns most green tech. And it takes an exorbitant amount of carbon and fossil fuels to make green technology. Its just propaganda to argue politicians are creating jobs.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:38 PM
Tim Odeen

On another note, my bro-in-law who sits on his hospital decision making board (in WA State) said 5-10% of his staff are not vaccinated. Governor mandate that all hospital workers be vaccinated.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:55 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
And you missed the point in my post.
If the vaccines worked, or if they actually had a 95% efficacy rating like we were told they did in the beginning, we likely wouldn't be having this convo.
But since the vast majority know, or ought to know by now, that was a lie, anyone who still thinks or believes that these vaccines work is deluded and those that still take them, imo, are playing Russian Roulette like I stated.

The simple fact here, without even talking about the thousands and thousands of breakthrough cases, is these vaccines are crap just like Pfizer's CEO stated himself.

If people are into playing Russian Roulette, that is their choice, but knowing how many lies have been told to date, among other things, I know my chances of contracting covid and getting severely sick are greatly increased with the vaccines, especially the boosters, than what my own natural immunity is capable of handling.
The recovery rate from covid is 99%+. It boggles my mind why so many are still lining up for this vaccine, and especially the booster, after all we've seen to date about them.
People are afraid because they've been told to be afraid. It's been one of the greatest experiments in civil obedience and brainwashing that I've ever seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coovvvid1.jpg (37.3 KB, 114 views)