NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-02-2018, 04:46 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Default My National Reports

Day 1 has a very nice flight in from JAX and met Spike G in baggage claim then Tyler picked us up and we went straight to the IX Center and the show. I was able to purchase a dealer badge from my dealer friend Eddie. So what I am saying is we arrived at 11AM for the 4PM sneak peek and we got right to work! Greeted many old friends both OBC/Net54 members and dealers too. It seemed I concentrated on non sports best find I think was 1953 Topps World on Wheels #92 there is an error mixing up HP and Wheelbase on the back. I haven’t seen one of these cards in a couple years and I spy one in dealers binder priced $2. I check recheck and rerecheck my notes yes this is the error card! I pull the card turn the binder page guess what another #92 error card $2 which I pull and low and behold the next page same thing another #92 error card? Back at the hotel I confirm yes three error cards I haven’t seen in years! Same dealer had 1959 Three Stooges cards with grey backs priced $2-$3 these are tougher than the cream colored backs and I bought all he had I think 25 cards all grey backs also completed my cream colored set with the one card I needed.
Many non sports cards to dig through. I did find one hit 1935 Goudey 4-in-one I only need six for the master set dealer just purchased this lot and let me thumb through them. He had two examples of one of the cards I needed in nice VG shape he asked me for an offer it’s a common. My notes said I should pay $25 this is 20% book and I told the dealer this and I offered $20 which he took. Then all show I was kicking myself for not buying the other one cause it’s a rare back common and I could prob flip it on eBay for a nice profit. I run into the dealers table again and there is the card now priced at $15 which I paid without negotiation lol!
This would be correct price but not including the tougher back but we will see how great a flipper I am.
Show ended at 8 Tyler Spike and I are tired and hungry and we still hadn’t checked into our hotel. So we depart to check in, find some chow and back to room at 10pm.
It all begins again in 2.5 hours. I mostly saw every table and my feet still hurt of course great to see everyone again I think I spent $450 today well within budget as you know I am on a fixed income lol but yesterday was payday and I do have my PayPal acct available!
Guru
Old 08-02-2018, 05:06 AM
Bruce Fairchild

Thanks for the report. It looks as if you had a great day! Good luck in the coming days.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:40 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Nsc

Larry,

Thanks for the update. Wish I could have made it from Jax this year as well. Well, maybe next year hopefully. Keep the updates going!