NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Default New postal rate

Posted By: Big T

I just mailed my first cards since the new postal increase. I ship cards in a bubble envelope, lined with cardboard, with the card encased in a toploader. Pre-increase rate was 63 cents. New rate is 97 cents. I'm thinking of shipping cards in a regular envelope with light cardboard in the future. Has anyone tried this? What's the shipping cost? Any alternatives?

Old 05-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Default New postal rate

Posted By: JK

if you ship cards in a regular envelope with only light cardboard, my guess is you wont have too many repeat purchasers around here.

just charge $3 for shipping (which should be plenty to cover the bubble mailer and the postage) and dont worry about it.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Default New postal rate

Posted By: barrysloate

I use a regular 6 x 9 envelope with cardboard all the time. It just goes by weight, 41 cents for the first ounce and 17 cents for each additional. Insurance of course is extra. It probably won't make much of a difference (although the envelopes will be cheaper).

Old 05-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Default New postal rate

Josh - I use corrugated cardboard and haven't lost a customer yet (I don't think so).

Old 05-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Default New postal rate

Posted By: JK

Barry -

I consider corrugated cardboard - heavy cardboard. I consider uncorrugated cardboard, such as what a cereal box might be made out of, light cardboard.

Its also not clear to me that the card is still going to be shipped in a toploader.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Default New postal rate

Posted By: David Davis

www.papermart.com has pre-cut stiff cardboard in various sizes. When I ship cards, I use one of their 8x10 pieces, folded in half, with the cards placed in the middle in toploaders. Average cost is about $0.17 a piece if you buy a few hundred. Have had zero complaints using this method.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Default New postal rate

Posted By: Jason L

by typing their address directly on the back of their card and affixing a stamp to the top right-hand corner (again on the back, so as to not detract from the card's front, obviously!)
Envelopes are for sissies!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Bad day here.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Default New postal rate

Light cardboard doesn't offer enough protection and even a slab could crack. It needs heavier stock.

Jason- I just read your post. That's a good one, I've thought of that too

Old 05-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Default New postal rate

Posted By: Big T

Yes, I would definitely use the toploader. I'll probably heed your advice and keep on using the bubble envelope and charge $3 for shipping.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Default New postal rate

Posted By: TONY

I decided on graded cards just to ship priority mail with delivery confiramtion, my cost is just under $5, plus I can throw in freebies like magzines etc at no xtra fee.......if they want insurance thats optional, since everyone pays me with Paypal u need delivery confiramtion to have proof of delivery as I'm having trouble on cheaper items too many people telling me they never received their item.....Just last week i sent a PDA for repair, sent via Delivery confirmation, waited 6 days & called & recipient claimed never received......I checked online & found out he received item next day, called back with this info & shortly thereafter calls me to let me know he magically found my item....That saved me $449 if i had to buy a new one..........On line u can purchase delivery confirmation for 18¢, best value out there if u ship cheapie items......Most buyers are honest but a small % will take advantage of u if u let them.......I love delivery confirmation,,,,,,,,,ditto for registered mail on expensive items.........Hope this info helps