NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-06-2016, 11:00 AM
C@rl P@rk

Default PSA public days

I see there is a public day on Friday, in Woodbridge, NJ. Would love to go and submit a few cards for crossover and maybe reholder submissions. I don't have too much free time on Friday, though. Has anyone had any experience with going to these? Is it pretty quick to drop off or do these get pretty busy (I imagine it partially depends on the time of day)? Do you fill out the forms there or submit online first? Any insight/tips would be great. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-06-2016, 11:22 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisk View Post
I see there is a public day on Friday, in Woodbridge, NJ. Would love to go and submit a few cards for crossover and maybe reholder submissions. I don't have too much free time on Friday, though. Has anyone had any experience with going to these? Is it pretty quick to drop off or do these get pretty busy (I imagine it partially depends on the time of day)? Do you fill out the forms there or submit online first? Any insight/tips would be great. Thanks in advance!
From what little I know, I believe they are just a dropped off and wait thing?

I was talking to either a guy from PSA or SGC who told me about an Ohio show they are going to be at soon.

IIRC, he said drop them off and depending where you are on the list (first or anywhere after that) it could take up to an hour or more depending on the lineup.

Double check first however as I am sure both companies work a little different than one another. (I called)
Old 03-06-2016, 11:29 AM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
From what little I know, I believe they are just a dropped off and wait thing?

I was talking to either a guy from PSA or SGC who told me about an Ohio show they are going to be at soon.

IIRC, he said drop them off and depending where you are on the list (first or anywhere after that) it could take up to an hour or more depending on the lineup.

Double check first however as I am sure both companies work a little different than one another. (I called)
Interesting. I thought maybe they did autograph authentication on the spot but sent cards back to the home office for grading. Would be great if they did everything right there and then though.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:49 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisk View Post
Interesting. I thought maybe they did autograph authentication on the spot but sent cards back to the home office for grading. Would be great if they did everything right there and then though.
When I called, I was concerned about shipping, the exchange rate, or everything else associated once the cards were out of my hands and my line of sight.

That is why he suggested a show, as I could drop them off there and wait or tour around the show and come back after an hour or so to pick them up.

I really liked the sounds of that personally, but it still creates an issue for me living up here in Canada as neither do CDN shows.

He suggested the Ohio show for me as it was likely the closest one for me living here in Southern Ontario, and he also mentioned the show catered more so to the older vintage type of cards which would be ideal for me as it would really help to occupy my time while waiting.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:20 PM
je.sse @rnot

I've been to a show in long beach where they took submissions in person but did not grade on site. There wasn't too much of a line, and it saved on shipping costs to PSA. They do have shows where they grade on site, which obviously saves on the shipping and insurance on the return trip as well. You'd have to check online to see which they offering, but either way it helps.

They have forms for you to fill out there.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:51 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I think they charge around $30-35 PER CARD on site at a convention. So if you're only grading a couple (or higher value), it might be worth it. Better for me to continue to mail them to California on the bulk specials.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:39 PM

Any more info on this would be appreciated, I also have been hesitant to send some cards because of fee and not wanting cards out of my sight or chance they get lost in mail. Woodbridge is only an hour or so away from me and I would definitely make the trip. If anyone else going we can do a net54 meet up to, always good to see fellow collectors in person.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Howie Schenker

You can fill out the submissions like you normally would and bring the cards in for drop off but no on site grading. PSA will box the cards for transport to California. You save on the shipping costs and the anxiety of waiting for your package to make into PSA'S hands.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:04 PM
C@rl P@rk

Thanks, everyone. Howie, have you gone to the Woodbridge location? If so, did it take a long time? Thanks again!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:15 PM

It says you can get a 2 hour submission for extra $$, so I'm guessing those will not go back to California and will be slabbed on site. It does say loa will be mailed in a week or so after. It also says you have to pay shipping on cards that are not done for 2 hour submission. They doing a card show on long island the next day, seems rules slightly different.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:16 PM
Howie Schenker

I haven't but may try for Friday.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Howie Schenker

I haven't but may try for Friday.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Jonathan Sterling

I have gone to Public days at Woodbridge twice. Once for strictly autographs the second I dropped off a variety of items. I fill out forms before I go to avoid confusion and it makes it very quick. last Time public day you did not even have to be a PSA member to drop off cards autos photos tickets so that crowd was bigger than previous events they have had at Woodbridge.
As for auto's If you drop off in morning you can pick up your items later (2-4 hours later) so do some shopping it is right next to Woodbridge mall and a mile away from Menlo park mall or get lunch and then pick up your items and you are on your way home. I live very close so it has been a convenience for me.
I will most likly drop a few things off and will proudly wear a net54 t shirt.