NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 09-29-2019, 07:35 PM

Default Any Brooklyn Dodgers collectors out there?

With our hobby getting younger and younger collectors , it seems like all they want to collect is mike trout and Aaron judge. Or mookie betts or Christian yelich! Some will go “old school” and collect Derek Jeter or roger Clemens! So, I was wondering are there any collectors out there that collect Brooklyn Dodgers? If so let’s see them!!!

It’s sad with only 20 or so living Brooklyn Dodgers, I’m afraid this generation won’t understand how historic of a team they were.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:20 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

I had a friend who was a big Brooklyn fan. Never really got it until I started researching them, and then fell in love with those bums. On the collecting front, I collect the 55 Dodger team. I would have had them all by now, but other projects always seem to get in the way. As of right now, I still need 4 players, one coach, the owner and Vin Scully. All of those are fairly easy, just haven't turned my attention to them recently.
As for collecting them, I try to get as many of the 55 team players on signed magazines (doesn't have to be on a 55 magazine), 55 Topps or Bowman cards, 3x5's, photos, and a couple of cuts on a scorecard at Dodger Stadium when I was a boy (who knew I'd appreciate autographs of Walt Alston and Jim Gilliam many years later. LOL).
By the way, I think there are only 15 living Brooklyn players left, 4 of which are from the 55 team. That's a real bummer.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:57 AM
Rick

Interesting question. I am always surprised when at Dodger Stadium, I hear fans often say "I didn't know the Dodgers came from Brooklyn" when they show old footage on the big screens. Growing up in LA, I always considered them just LA, until I spent time living in NY and grew to appreciate the Brooklyn history and what the team meant to the borough. I think the one thing that will keep collectors and fans interested in Brooklyn is the history of Jackie Robinson. People collect Ruth and Gehrig and a whole host of others having never seen them play, and Jackie is such an important part of history that he will keep the Brooklyn Dodgers in focus.

I also collect items related to Jackie and the '55 Dodgers. One of my favorites is below, a 1955 Yearbook signed by the whole team, and signed "to Irene, from Happy Felton".

Rick

1955 signed Dodger yearbook for posting.jpg

Last edited by rlevy; 09-30-2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Faulty memory
Old 09-30-2019, 09:11 AM

Happy Felton
Old 09-30-2019, 09:15 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlevy View Post
Interesting question. I am always surprised when at Dodger Stadium, I hear fans often say "I didn't know the Dodgers came from Brooklyn" when they show old footage on the big screens. Growing up in LA, I always considered them just LA, until I spent time living in NY and grew to appreciate the Brooklyn history and what the team meant to the borough. I think the one thing that will keep collectors and fans interested in Brooklyn is the history of Jackie Robinson. People collect Ruth and Gehrig and a whole host of others having never seen them play, and Jackie is such an important part of history that he will keep the Brooklyn Dodgers in focus.

I also collect items related to Jackie and the '55 Dodgers. One of my favorites is below, a 1955 Yearbook signed by the whole team, and signed "to Irene, from Happy Chandler".

Rick

Attachment 367674
Rick, are you sure that's Happy Chandler? Looks a little more like Happy Felton. He did the Knothole gang show for the Dodgers.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:17 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
Happy Felton
Darn Jodi, I couldn't out type you. LOL
Old 09-30-2019, 10:07 AM
Rick

Quote:
Happy Felton
You are correct, I shouldn't post before morning coffee. When I bought this years ago (pre-internet), I thought this was Happy Chandler, but later learned it was Happy Felton when I saw his autograph. This morning I just reverted in my memory to Chandler. Thanks for the catch.

Rick
Old 09-30-2019, 10:11 AM

A great addition to such an item, too. Too bad Gladys Goodding and Hilda Chester were rarely asked to sign, as they would have been icing on the cake. I've been fortunate to own examples of both.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:17 AM
Rick

Quote:
A great addition to such an item, too. Too bad Gladys Goodding and Hilda Chester were rarely asked to sign, as they would have been icing on the cake. I've been fortunate to own examples of both.
I've never seen their signature, and you're right, that would have been amazing on there. They were unique. It would have been even better if Gladys had added "Three Blind Mice" to her signature.

Rick
Old 09-30-2019, 09:39 PM

Very cool!i started with the 1955 dodgers, then expanded to the greatest Brooklyn Dodger players! Has anyone attempted to try to get every single Brooklyn Dodger?
Old 10-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Curt

Unless another slipped by me, we are down to 15 former Brooklyn Dodgers among the living.

Been tracking it for a while as I was expanding my collection.

http://1978theyearitallbegan.blogspo...ckens-rip.html

I have tried to grab as many different as I can find/afford on a collector budget. I started later than I could/should have, so I am missing a fair number of the real key signatures prior to the 40s if they are expensive/hard to find.

I do have the LA run complete with the exception of 2 new additions this year that I have yet to track down (Gonsolin & Sadler), but there should still be plenty of time to get those and start adding new names soon as well.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:28 AM
Richard Simon

I can tell you that the market for Brooklyn Dodgers items, with Jackie Robinson being the exception, is not near what it used to be.
btw - that 1955 cover is fantastic.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 10-04-2019, 09:59 AM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
I can tell you that the market for Brooklyn Dodgers items, with Jackie Robinson being the exception, is not near what it used to be.
Thanks Richard. I really like how carefully everyone signed the cover so the signatures are so visible. Sometimes they sign across the cover images and the signatures blend into the image.

It's not surprising to me that the market for Brooklyn Dodgers items (except for Jackie) is softer than it was. For the most part, people in LA don't feel any real connection to the Dodgers' Brooklyn years. so those who collect Brooklyn items are fewer in number as time goes by. It's probably a different story for teams with a continuous presence in one geographic market.

Rick
Old 10-04-2019, 10:09 AM

My Brooklyn contribution. SI cover with Johnny Podres. Magazine cover has minor issues. Autograph obtained in-person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg podres.jpg (72.2 KB, 764 views)
Old 10-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

I'll add this one. I have this as the center piece on my Brooklyn wall. 36 brooklyn sigs (7 from the 55 team). Purchased from Jim Stinson...we miss ya buddy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brooklyndodgers.jpg (82.3 KB, 764 views)
Old 10-08-2019, 08:27 AM
J@RR0D

Don Thompson, who played from '51-'54 with the Dodgers, was one of my clients at my last job. While I spent many hours with him, it wasn't until right before I left that job did I find out about his baseball past (as I didn't recognize his name since he was mainly a benchwarmer). If I'd known, I would've picked his brain so much more. During the one talk we did have about baseball, he loved reminiscing about it. Especially playing with Jackie and being in the World Series. I left my job right after that, and he died a year later.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:26 AM
Jeff Lazarus

The Brooklyn Dodgers are my favorite team... and I was born in the 80's... :-)

I've been able to acquire a few game-used lineup cards from that season... here's one of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dodgers 6-22-1955.jpg (74.3 KB, 701 views)
Old 10-14-2019, 05:43 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
Don Thompson, who played from '51-'54 with the Dodgers, was one of my clients at my last job. While I spent many hours with him, it wasn't until right before I left that job did I find out about his baseball past (as I didn't recognize his name since he was mainly a benchwarmer). If I'd known, I would've picked his brain so much more. During the one talk we did have about baseball, he loved reminiscing about it. Especially playing with Jackie and being in the World Series. I left my job right after that, and he died a year later.
I went to Dodger fantasy camp about 20 years ago and had a great time listening to Erskine, Branca, Snider and Labine entertain us every night at dinner with stories about the Brooklyn days, with most of the stories centered on Jackie.

Jeff, great line-up card. I keep hoping I will find one from 1955 with Koufax included.

I think I have a great start collecting 1955 Dodger signatures because the spring training roster I have from that year has nearly everyone who was in camp, plus others, with nearly 50 signatures. I'm sure it is one of the few vintage pieces in existence that has all of the HOF guys from that team (Robinson, Campanella, Snider, Reese, Koufax), plus Tommy Lasorda (who wouldn't make the team), and Drysdale (who wouldn't make it until 1956), plus HOFer's Vin Scully and Walter O'Malley. Kind of looks like a "Where's Waldo". There is a signature "Walter Maasen" in pencil, who may be the youngster who got it signed.

Personally, I love collecting flats with signatures versus signed baseballs.

Rick

front again003.jpgback 2.jpg
Old 10-14-2019, 06:42 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
I went to Dodger fantasy camp about 20 years ago and had a great time listening to Erskine, Branca, Snider and Labine entertain us every night at dinner with stories about the Brooklyn days, with most of the stories centered on Jackie.

Jeff, great line-up card. I keep hoping I will find one from 1955 with Koufax included.

I think I have a great start collecting 1955 Dodger signatures because the spring training roster I have from that year has nearly everyone who was in camp, plus others, with nearly 50 signatures. I'm sure it is one of the few vintage pieces in existence that has all of the HOF guys from that team (Robinson, Campanella, Snider, Reese, Koufax), plus Tommy Lasorda (who wouldn't make the team), and Drysdale (who wouldn't make it until 1956), plus HOFer's Vin Scully and Walter O'Malley. Kind of looks like a "Where's Waldo". There is a signature "Walter Maasen" in pencil, who may be the youngster who got it signed.

Personally, I love collecting flats with signatures versus signed baseballs.

Rick

Attachment 369472Attachment 369473
Beautiful piece Rick. Would love to have that for my Brooklyn collection.
Here's a question to you and to anyone in the know. On this particular piece, the Don Zimmer is in the style that's generally accepted as being his wife's sig. I've seen that on other multi-signed pieces and was wondering...how the heck was she able to sign on something like this? Now, I understand if it was sent to their home, but I'm assuming that it was hand signed right there at spring training. Any thoughts?
Old 10-14-2019, 08:22 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Beautiful piece Rick. Would love to have that for my Brooklyn collection.
Here's a question to you and to anyone in the know. On this particular piece, the Don Zimmer is in the style that's generally accepted as being his wife's sig. I've seen that on other multi-signed pieces and was wondering...how the heck was she able to sign on something like this? Now, I understand if it was sent to their home, but I'm assuming that it was hand signed right there at spring training. Any thoughts?
Mike, I am by no means a Zimmer expert. I have attached close-ups of the Zimmer auto on the 1955 Yearbook, the 1955 spring training roster, and from a 1959 Dodger Program I have which was signed by the entire team. To me, the closed "D" in the two 1955 autos are the same, and I think it is quite unlikely his wife was signing team-signed rosters and yearbooks for him in 1955. The 1959 Yearbook however has the open "D" which I believe collectors view as his authentic autograph. Perhaps his signature changed over the years. I believe most think his wife began signing items mailed to them much later than 1955.

Just my conjecture,
Rick

zimmer autos.jpg
Old 10-14-2019, 10:39 PM
Al

Rick love the 55 yearbook... I to have loved the dodgers for many years. I have a 1956 signed yearbook that I have had for many years. The one thing that has always killed me is Jackie signed across the bums jacket and the robinson goes into the Black! Well who knew. But the book is signed inside and out . 14 on the cover and 18 inside on all the bio pages. A beautiful Campy and hodges inside. Mine is framed so its hard to take apart and see. One day I will scan all the pages but for now I only did Campy... Love all the other Dodger items also! And please No PMs its not for sale...

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 05-03-2020 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:31 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Mike, I am by no means a Zimmer expert. I have attached close-ups of the Zimmer auto on the 1955 Yearbook, the 1955 spring training roster, and from a 1959 Dodger Program I have which was signed by the entire team. To me, the closed "D" in the two 1955 autos are the same, and I think it is quite unlikely his wife was signing team-signed rosters and yearbooks for him in 1955. The 1959 Yearbook however has the open "D" which I believe collectors view as his authentic autograph. Perhaps his signature changed over the years. I believe most think his wife began signing items mailed to them much later than 1955.

Just my conjecture,
Rick

Attachment 369480
Thanks Rick. Very confusing indeed, but agree with your assessment. I looked at some team signed balls that he's been on (for different teams) and I definitely see a changing of his sig where the D slowly goes open until 1964 where it's more like we see today. Now, the ball I saw in 64 had a different ink for his sig, so maybe he signed it later than 64, and I'm wondering if the 59 yearbook you showed might have been signed later as well. One thing I know, is that Topps usually used their "fake" sigs on their cards based on their contract signatures and if you look at his 55 topps signature it sure looks like the first two you have examples for as well as his wife's generally accepted sig. All and all very confusing.
Where's all the Brooklyn Dodger experts out there? C'mon guys, this should be right in your wheelhouse.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:22 AM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

I'm a third generation Yankees hater, all started by my Grandfather who was a Brooklyn fan dating back to when he was kid in the teens. I used to collect the 1950s teams, but over the years gravitated towards the 1930s and 40s instead. Here are three of my favorite pieces:

image1(6).jpg

Diamond Star signed by Van Lingle Mungo in period fountain pen.

image2(1).jpg

1933 Brooklyn infield signed by Sam Leslie, Tony Cuccinello and Jersey Joe Stripp.

walsh.jpg

And a real neat one - during WWII Gene Hermanski played outfield for the Brooklyn Bushwicks when he had leave from the Coast Guard on weekends, but he had to do it on the sly and used the name Gene Walsh. A young Brooklyn girls had him sign her autograph book in 1944 but there was no fooling her - she knew it was Hermanski and noted that beneith his signature.

They aint single-signed Sandy Koufax balls or a '52 Snider PSA 9, but they are among the favorites in my modest collection.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:43 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:

Thanks! I own a few 1955 Dodgers lineup cards, but have never seen one with Koufax on the mound. Would be spectacular to find.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:46 PM

Mrmopar-when you say you have a complete la run do you mean you have every single Dodgers topps card signed from 1958-2019 or do you mean that you have every single dodger player from 1958-2019 on a signed item? Do you collect only those that made the Dodgers season roster or do you collect also players that have a dodger card issued but never made the team such as a dodger rookie card if someone like a draft pick that never made the big leagues?
Old 12-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Curt

I have at least one item signed by each player who played a game for LA between 1958-2019, but I also collect Dodger cards signed even if they never made the big club, as well as minor league issues/players.

I wish I had every Dodger card signed, that would be amazing. I have a good start to that for the 50s-80s. Nowhere near complete but may even have a couple full team sets by now. I was just thinking about this the other night. There is one Topps card from the 60s that may or may not even exist in signed form. The player never made the club or MLB, but I would absolutely love to find one signed.

1965 Topps Rookies with Kekich, Valle, Lefebvre and Dennis Daboll. I have Daboll on a MiLB ball, but have never seen or heard of the Topps card signed by him. Be cool if a few existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunhitter View Post
Mrmopar-when you say you have a complete la run do you mean you have every single Dodgers topps card signed from 1958-2019 or do you mean that you have every single dodger player from 1958-2019 on a signed item? Do you collect only those that made the Dodgers season roster or do you collect also players that have a dodger card issued but never made the team such as a dodger rookie card if someone like a draft pick that never made the big leagues?
Old 12-09-2019, 07:25 PM

That is very cool and quite an accomplishment! Hoe many Dodgers were there that played for the Dodgers from 1958-2019? Is there a list somewhere? Thank you for your help.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:53 PM

Speaking of the 1955 Dodgers, I am a fourth-cousin, once-removed, of outfielder Bert Hamric. I never met him, but wrote to him a couple of times - before I knew our kinship. His Major League career was very short - two games with the 1955 Dodgers and eight with the 1958 Orioles. If you were going to be a short-time Major Leaguer, I guess the 1955 Dodgers would be a good team to be with!

I asked Tom Lasorda once if he remembered Bert Hamric, and he said "Sure, we roomed together when we were with Montreal. He died way too soon." That somewhat surprised me since Lasorda was very much in the limelight, and Bert had faded into obscurity, but old ballplayers always seem to know about each other.

If anyone has ticket stubs from one or both of Bert's games with the 1955 Dodgers (April 24 against the Giants and April 28 against the Cubs, both at Ebbets Field), I'd be very interested in obtaining - or at least seeing - them.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Doug Goodman

I don't have a lot of autographs, but I have a few that fit this thread.

On the Stengel page, Manuel Onis played only 1 regular season game in the majors, going 1-1 on April 27, 1935. Frank Lamanske also made his MLB debut that day, throwing two scoreless innings in relief, including a strikeout of Babe Ruth. He made it into another game 4 days later, then called it a career.

Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dodgers auto page 1.jpg (74.5 KB, 536 views)
File Type: jpg Dodgers auto page 2.jpg (74.0 KB, 533 views)
File Type: jpg Snapshot Hodges Gil.jpg (53.1 KB, 533 views)
File Type: jpg Snapshot Reese Pee Wee.jpg (53.2 KB, 534 views)
File Type: jpg Snapshot Snider Duke.jpg (73.1 KB, 534 views)
File Type: jpg Auto-Barber Red 01.jpg (75.3 KB, 533 views)

Last edited by doug.goodman; 12-09-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Curt

I think it somewhere close to 2000. Wiki has a running list and I think I found another on a Dodger related site. Of course, they are all subject to editing to keep them current, but older player selection should be sound.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_An...ll-time_roster

Quote:
That is very cool and quite an accomplishment! Hoe many Dodgers were there that played for the Dodgers from 1958-2019? Is there a list somewhere? Thank you for your help.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:44 PM

Thanks Curt
Appreciate your help. Trying to decide if I want to attempt to collect 2000+ different signed Dodgers cards! Seems like a huge task locating all of those autographs!
Old 12-11-2019, 04:08 AM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Thanks Curt
Appreciate your help. Trying to decide if I want to attempt to collect 2000+ different signed Dodgers cards! Seems like a huge task locating all of those autographs!
A "small task" is way less fun than a "huge task".
Old 12-11-2019, 10:42 AM

Very true Curt! Good point! How long did it take you to get all of them?
Old 12-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Curt

I obtained most in the last 20 years or so. I was able to find a lot of obscure players with certified cards in the 90s-present sets, a lot of which were cheap. For example, a Danny Ardoin that nobody has ever heard of. He has a certified auto believe it or not!
Old 12-12-2019, 08:01 PM

Very cool! In 20 years I’ll be an old fart!so I better get started on this soon!
Old 12-13-2019, 11:32 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Wink I wonder if Richard's statement (#12) is applicable to most/all teams now days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Aside from those collecting HOF signatures, it seems (IMHO) that interest in team collecting has diminished considerably. Even, possibly, crossing over
to collecting ballplayer autographs from historic teams, such as the 1927 New York Yankees, 1919 Chicago White Sox, 1919 Cincinnati Reds,
1955 Brooklyn Dodgers, etc. If true, just wish that resulted in more of the obscure autographs I seek to come to market, and/or at irresistible prices

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 12-13-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:26 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexsHeroes View Post
Aside from those collecting HOF signatures, it seems (IMHO) that interest in team collecting has diminished considerably. Even, possibly, crossing over
to collecting ballplayer autographs from historic teams, such as the 1927 New York Yankees, 1919 Chicago White Sox, 1919 Cincinnati Reds,
1955 Brooklyn Dodgers, etc. If true, just wish that resulted in more of the obscure autographs I seek to come to market, and/or at irresistible prices
I agree, and I understand that the average collector doesn't want to collect a team that might have one or two obscure players that might cost as much as a Ruth or Gehrig. Card collectors have the same problem when they pick a year to collect that might have a famous rookie card in it...like Mantle, Aaron, etc.
For me so far, except for the 1919 Black Sox, obscure has only meant 200-300 bucks for teams like the 1955 Dodgers, 1960 Pirates, 61 Yankees and 69 Cubs.
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete

Last edited by mr2686; 12-13-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:56 AM

Keep the posts and photos coming guys! Great stuff and discussions!
Old 02-16-2020, 12:50 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Here's a couple more scans. 1947 Dodgers (Jackie rookie season) ball and 1946 Montreal Royals (Jackie Minor League) team ball.

Haven't found much that really caught my attention (in my budget)in the last couple of years unfortunately.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:29 PM
Mike Knight Jr

These Brooklyn Dodgers items shown are truly amazing I must say. I’m doing an autographed 1955 Topps set and still need like 4 Dodgers cards. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. If anything is available let me know as I’m always looking for upgrades as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1952...?ref=bookmarks
Mike Knight Jr
Old 04-27-2020, 10:07 PM

Very cool! Let’s see some more signed dodger baseballs!
Old 04-28-2020, 12:58 PM
Josh

Thank you for starting this thread, as I'm excited to see everyone's Brooklyn treasures! Here are a few of the favorites in my collection:

This first piece was an usual, yet superb find. Looks to be a hand-drawn sketch of Nap Rucker from a Brooklyn local at the time (on the back of the drawing, the artist made note of his Brooklyn address and the year - 1913). Quite the lovely piece with much character and what I assume is an even more interesting backstory given the local origin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rucker.jpg (70.2 KB, 325 views)
Old 04-28-2020, 01:08 PM
Josh

Perhaps my favorite piece is this original George Burke 4x6 of Hugh Casey, signed by Casey himself (based on variables, it appears this may be from the late-1930s). A signed piece by Casey is extremely difficult to acquire, particularly due to his untimely passing in 1951. I apologize for the image quality, but as most will know with some of these earlier Burke photos, the sepia tones and image texture is stunning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Casey1.jpg (8.9 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg Casey2.jpg (4.9 KB, 317 views)
Old 04-28-2020, 01:25 PM
Josh

A number of the Brooklyn Robins 1921-30 ML Die-Cuts. Not a complete set nor in the best condition, but still charming, hard to find pieces.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diecuts.jpg (11.7 KB, 315 views)
Old 04-28-2020, 04:57 PM
Casey

I have shown this before. I did this in the early 90's. Poster is 1955 WS reproduction....then I met Whitey in Florida and later Don at some other show in Texas. Had them each signed. I thought it was a cool.

A note on Jackie - his memorial is in the METs stadium. I was surprised when I saw it. I guess they thought that "Dodger" was better remembered there...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200428-174819.jpg (72.8 KB, 319 views)
Old 05-03-2020, 12:12 AM
Mike Knight Jr

My 1955 Topps autographed cards, still a work in progress.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1952...?ref=bookmarks
Mike Knight Jr
Old 05-16-2020, 10:11 AM

Beautiful Hodges!
Old 05-16-2020, 05:58 PM
Curt

I watched that item on ebay. I don't think it latest a day.

I would like a Maranville Dodger item, but that was not worth the price for me to get the lot. Seemed like it must have been a good deal though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conscious_crow View Post
A number of the Brooklyn Robins 1921-30 ML Die-Cuts. Not a complete set nor in the best condition, but still charming, hard to find pieces.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:03 PM
Casey

Got this today TTM. 1956 Dodgers. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200519-165247.jpg (71.4 KB, 197 views)
Old 06-27-2021, 02:15 PM

Awesome! Let’s see some more!