NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 08-02-2022, 04:29 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default Popular National Acquisition - Covid

Lots of reports of people getting Covid at National and bringing it’s home per Twitter. Could be a significant super spreader event if these stories are true. Shocked I tell you …. Shocked.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:34 PM
pete ullman

ya...been hearing this too...makes me rethink going to the MN state fair later this month!!!!!
Old 08-02-2022, 04:36 PM
David M.

Who could have seen that coming?
Old 08-02-2022, 04:37 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
ya...been hearing this too...makes me rethink going to the MN state fair later this month!!!!!

No chance I'm taking my family. Was thinking James J. Hill but not that either. Sucks
Old 08-02-2022, 04:43 PM

As an exhibitor, I expected this as less than 1% of customers wore masks. I should have worn one as I did last year, and now I will probably suffer for that. I've already had Covid once and took the infusion last time, which I would think about if I get it again.

Let's hope this isn't a rampant exposure where many get Covid!!!!

Stay safe.

Steve_NY
Old 08-02-2022, 04:49 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_NY View Post
As an exhibitor, I expected this as less than 1% of customers wore masks. I should have worn one as I did last year, and now I will probably suffer for that. I've already had Covid once and took the infusion last time, which I would think about if I get it again.

Let's hope this isn't a rampant exposure where many get Covid!!!!

Stay safe.

Steve_NY
I am skeptical that masks help.
Old 08-02-2022, 05:28 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisFlood View Post
The medical community for the most part says that N95s and KN95s do. I would agree that the cloth ones don't do much.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-02-2022, 07:47 PM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisFlood View Post
Seriously? Are you in the medical field? If masks don’t help, the next time you have surgery or any type of medical procedure just tell the doctor not to wear one. Since you don’t think they really do much.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:47 PM
Bob McLean

Stuff was going around in my area a couple weeks ago. The people I knew who got it and had their shots recovered very fast and it only bothered them for about a day. I did not know anyone without their shots who contracted it. After their quarantine the ones who got it were just fine. I am done with the National and all bigger shows. Sticking closer to home.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:51 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Hopefully it is minimal and hopefully those who got only have mild to minor symptoms.

I took some precautions as best I could but did not wear mask even though I had it with me.

I tested negative so I escaped luckily. Hopefully everyone here escaped it

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 08-02-2022, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
C'mon Pete...what's there to worry about?

Old 08-02-2022, 05:19 PM
A.J. Johnson

I think that twitter post said he personally knew 40 people from the show that came up positive. I know at least 2 so far. I took a test before getting on the plane and again when I got home and negative. Going to test for a couple more days. Hope I can dodge the bullet. But expect with all 3 shots even if I do get it, will only be minor symptoms. I'm more afraid of long covid than just the one and done version. yikes.
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old 08-02-2022, 05:53 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
C'mon Pete...what's there to worry about? ]
--
Attached Images
File Type: png alfred-neuman.png (76.7 KB, 1329 views)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 08-02-2022, 04:49 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Lots of reports of people getting Covid at National and bringing it’s home per Twitter. Could be a significant super spreader event if these stories are true. Shocked I tell you …. Shocked.
I saw a few people with masks on, but overall little to no masks, and big crowds in areas that weren't well ventilated. I'm vaccinated, I've felt fine since my return Sunday morning, and have tested negative but will continue to test throughout the week. We had to expect some cases to pop up.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:21 AM
Jason Seidl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I told my friends this was going to be a super spreader event. Only like 10% of people had masks. I just got over COVID two weeks prior so I was ok.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:45 AM
D@le Irv*n

Anyone who was there and even those that weren't should take Vitamin D and Vitamin C+ Zinc daily or insure you eat enough of the proper foods that contain these vitamins. Get fresh air and exercise if you are able.

Despite the mass vaccination effort, covid, although much milder now (cold/mild flu like symptoms) is running rampant again and has been, despite not a lot of media coverage about it for sometime now.
What is zinc plus vitamin C good for?
Vitamin C and zinc play important roles in providing adequate nutrition and immune defense. This supplement may be given to prevent or treat certain deficiencies caused by poor nutrition, different diseases, medications, or pregnancy.Feb 25, 2022

https://people.com/health/us-covid-c...l-day-weekend/
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/u-c...9.html?src=rss

Last edited by irv; 08-03-2022 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:11 AM
Gary McNabb

Default I got sick

I'm the collector who was being pushed in a wheelchair looking for Highlanders. When I got home I started to get sick and tested positive for covid.Because of my other medical problem I have to go to the hospital for a treatment. Sill very happy what I got !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_2a92.jpg (196.7 KB, 824 views)

Last edited by garymc; 08-03-2022 at 10:40 AM. Reason: PHOTO
Old 08-03-2022, 12:42 PM

Confirmed..
I brought it home w me I should get my 30 entry refunded

Other 3 with me = all ok

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2022, 08:42 PM
Bill Cauley

And hey, irv, I could not care one iota about Twitter, Musk, or whatever. Haven’t been in those sites/apps/whatever in about four years. Their importance seems to be significant only in the heads of imbeciles, those who follow a certain biased media and cite posts frequently.

Take your preferred material source of media and shove it up your ass sideways. You’re dumb enough to follow it and think it’s best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BCauley; 12-13-2022 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2022, 09:33 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCauley View Post
And hey, irv, I could not care one iota about Twitter, Musk, or whatever. Haven’t been in those sites/apps/whatever in about four years. Their importance seems to be significant only in the heads of imbeciles, those who follow a certain biased media and cite posts frequently.

Take your preferred material source of media and shove it up your ass sideways. You’re dumb enough to follow it and think it’s best.

I know it must be tough knowing you're in the age group that is currently having the majority of these vaccine related heart attacks, but all this anger, rage and stress certainly isn't helping either I wouldn't think?
Try to relax, breath deep and maybe, since it seems you're on board with them despite the side affect info regarding them, maybe get another booster if you think that would help?
Oh, and your unprovoked attack about me is somewhere in those other 2 threads but if you think I'm going to take the time to go find them now to appease you, you're crazier than I thought.
Old 12-13-2022, 09:36 PM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I know it must be tough knowing you're in the age group that is currently having the majority of these vaccine related heart attacks, but all this anger, rage and stress certainly isn't helping either I wouldn't think?
Try to relax, breath deep and maybe, since it seems you're on board with them despite the side affect info regarding them, maybe get another booster if you think that would help?
Oh, and your unprovoked attack about me is somewhere in those other 2 threads but if you think I'm going to take the time to go find them now to appease you, you're crazier than I thought.

So what you’re saying is, you can’t cite this “other post” you mentioned. Nor can you cite the “other two” people by name?

Also, what is my “age range?”

Can you cite these vaccine related heart attacks?

Color me surprised when you can’t.

Last edited by BCauley; 12-13-2022 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-14-2023, 12:39 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Hmmm just saw this on Reuters. Maybe Irv
Doesnt care about changing people's minds, but wants his voice heard. If you found a gold mine would you keep it to yourself, or tell your friends? Sometimes the messages we are bombarded with every day cause us to speak out.

I'm not sure how much more info will come out in the story below.

(This Jan. 13 story has been refiled with an edited headline to clarify that the link to a stroke is possible, not definite.)

A safety monitoring system flagged that U.S. drugmaker Pfizer Inc and German partner BioNTech's updated COVID-19 shot could be linked to a type of brain stroke in older adults, according to preliminary data analyzed by U.S. health authorities.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said on Friday that a CDC vaccine database had uncovered a possible safety issue in which people 65 and older were more likely to have an ischemic stroke 21 days after receiving the Pfizer/BioNTech bivalent shot, compared with days 22-44.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 01-14-2023, 05:31 PM
D@le Irv*n

CNN medical analyst and Washington Post columnist Dr. Leana Wen admitted in a column, Friday, that the medical community is "overcounting" the amount of "COVID deaths and hospitalizations”…..that “actual deaths may only be around 30% of the actual count.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...16lw5r?ocid=sf
https://nypost.com/2023/01/14/dr-lea...g-overcounted/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ERCOUNTED.html

Hmm, imagine that. They've been lying about this all along. I wonder why they'd do something like that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coovviidddd.jpg (65.0 KB, 88 views)
Old 01-14-2023, 07:02 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Guess I'll check back in when the page count hits 25 to see if anything interesting has happened.
Old 01-14-2023, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Guess I'll check back in when the page count hits 25 to see if anything interesting has happened.
You never know there, earlywynnfan! I just may have to post a one-of-a-kind image of an Early Wynn piece in this thread (if I can figure out where I stored it)!!
Old 01-15-2023, 12:08 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Hmmm just saw this on Reuters. Maybe Irv
Doesnt care about changing people's minds, but wants his voice heard. If you found a gold mine would you keep it to yourself, or tell your friends? Sometimes the messages we are bombarded with every day cause us to speak out.

I'm not sure how much more info will come out in the story below.

(This Jan. 13 story has been refiled with an edited headline to clarify that the link to a stroke is possible, not definite.)

A safety monitoring system flagged that U.S. drugmaker Pfizer Inc and German partner BioNTech's updated COVID-19 shot could be linked to a type of brain stroke in older adults, according to preliminary data analyzed by U.S. health authorities.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said on Friday that a CDC vaccine database had uncovered a possible safety issue in which people 65 and older were more likely to have an ischemic stroke 21 days after receiving the Pfizer/BioNTech bivalent shot, compared with days 22-44.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
This is impossible and can be dismissed as nothing, because it would be politically inconvenient for the group of the population that spent 2 years crapping all over civil liberties and criminalizing normal daily activities over their fear while trying to force this shot into people with little testing (and apparently no testing on if it even effects spread! While screeching that we need to take it to stop spread to others even if we can look at the data and see our risk is something like .00001%!). Of course they don't want to talk about it anymore, or any study that does not show the state was right. Every week or so new evidence emerges that not only were the experts they keep appealing to wrong, they lied to justify their approach. Even very big claims like the vaccine stopping spread or even functioning like an actual vaccine appear to be clearly false with even a cursory glance at the dataset. While I have not seen convincing evidence the vaccine is harmful beyond a small number of people who have bad reactions as most medications and treatments do, and the data seems to suggest that it does have a small positive impact on survival rates for severe cases, it pretty clearly is not even a vaccine.

I am amused a poster with 7,000 posts is complaining about people posting too much, yet took the time to review every single post and tally them. I am amused the #1 poster on his tally has been complaining that there is any discussion about this subject at all. This thread would be reduced a third or more if we cut out the posts complaining that people talk about this subject now that much of the evidence is not in support of the old narrative. It was all they wanted to talk about when the vast, vast majority was participating in the fear.
Old 01-15-2023, 01:25 PM

If you go to the Water Cooler main page (or any main page) and hit the blue number in the 'Replies' column it will give you a list by order of everyone who has posted in the thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 54 rplies.jpg (102.0 KB, 76 views)
Old 01-15-2023, 01:56 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
If you go to the Water Cooler main page (or any main page) and hit the blue number in the 'Replies' column it will give you a list by order of everyone who has posted in the thread.
Thanks, I never knew that.
Old 01-15-2023, 02:13 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
I didn't know that either. My apologies to Frank.
Old 01-15-2023, 03:19 PM
Al Richter

+ 3, except no apologies to Frank. He does lots of other evil stuff too
Old 01-16-2023, 08:38 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I didn't know that either. My apologies to Frank.
Well how long did it take him to learn how learn what tab to press etc...if noone told him and he figured it out on his own that could of taken a decent amount of time.. He just past 7000 total posts...i can only strive for that..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-16-2023 at 08:39 AM.