NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-26-2022, 08:31 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Default How about this for an idea? Coding sales listings to refer buyers to Net 54.

I was wondering if anyone else is willing to give this a try. As a sometimes seller I'm tired of the fees on EBAY and this ridiculous necessity to have cards shipped for authentication. I do, however, like the wide audience and exposure cards get there. What if we added something like (n54) after the listing in the title section of the item if the card is also listed in the BST. Simply something like this - "T206 Sherry Magee EPDG - PSA 3 (n54).

Several other sellers have codes in their listings like (SVSC) or a 4 digit code (7654) or other identifier. I would think after awhile buyers would realize what this code mean't and start looking to the BST for purchases.

I often see sellers on the BST here reference that cards are for sale on ebay and offer discounts if they are purchased here instead. Why not the reverse?

More views on this site would be great in my opinion. Of course the big question is whether ebay would realize it? Just wondering what others thought and I am sure there will be several responses like..."You first".

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 11-26-2022 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:41 AM
D@n.M@tsing3r

What would be the difference of just posting both places if they are BIN? Not sure any secret handshakes need to be done, nothing is stopping a person from listing here if the are part of the site.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:46 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmats33312 View Post
What would be the difference of just posting both places if they are BIN? Not sure any secret handshakes need to be done, nothing is stopping a person from listing here if the are part of the site.
I'm assuming a person lists in both places I am proposing listing it on ebay with the (n54) code so that buyers will view the bst section when they might otherwise not. Eventually, it would make more people aware that net 54 exists and thereby result in more bst sales.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
I'm assuming a person lists in both places I am proposing listing it on ebay with the (n54) code so that buyers will view the bst section when they might otherwise not. Eventually, it would make more people aware that net 54 exists and thereby result in more bst sales.
I see quite a few listings where it has Net54 in them. Not so much in the title, but everywhere else.
Old 11-26-2022, 09:46 AM

I think its a great idea Robert.
Old 11-26-2022, 10:50 AM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

Love this idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2022, 11:02 AM
Chad

I like it. I always wonder if the seller is a Net54 member and usually come here to search their eBay user name.

Chad
T215 Type 1 Red Cross Walter Johnson
1914 Texas Tommy Type 1 Walter Johnson
1923-24 Billiken Pop Lloyd
1924-25 Aguilitas #846 and #870 Pop Lloyd
1923-24 Billiken or Tomas Gutierrez Oliver "Ghost" Marcell
1923-24 Billiken or Tomas Gutierrez Dobie Moore
1924-25 Aguilitas #874 Dobie Moore
Old 11-26-2022, 11:10 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
Imagine a seller with 100+ listings. Makes life a lot easier to list everything on Ebay with a referral here rather than trying to list, and keep updated, everything in the various BST sections. The BST here is great if you're listing only a handful of cards individually, but as the numbers grow it gets a bit overwhelming.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 11-26-2022, 02:26 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Great idea.

If I may make a further suggestion, how about a code within this new code that will cause these types of members to completely miss the listing here...

534. Kiblitzer (yiddish)
Someone who seemingly has a front row seat to every thread in the B/S/T, and rushes in to buy up everything before anyone else has a chance to even view it.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:38 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Because the point is to get the exposure of eBay while dodging giving eBay a cut and avoiding the authentication process.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:50 PM
D@n.M@tsing3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Because the point is to get the exposure of eBay while dodging giving eBay a cut and avoiding the authentication process.
The authentication process means nothing, takes a bit longer to get there but adds not getting screwed over by a seller who doesn't send the item. Be like a normal person and just have your handles be the same on eBay and here it isn't complicated.
Old 11-27-2022, 01:15 PM

Default eBay policies

I may have misunderstood your proposal, but I think this would be a violation of eBay's policy of offering to buy or sell outside of eBay.

"In any communication with another eBay member, refer to or promote external websites that facilitate sales outside of eBay".
Old 11-27-2022, 01:21 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
The authentication process means nothing, takes a bit longer to get there but adds not getting screwed over by a seller who doesn't send the item. Be like a normal person and just have your handles be the same on eBay and here it isn't complicated.
I gave no opinion - the OP’s post has two specific reasons, which your idea doesn’t address. I just reiterated why it is being proposed instead of what you said. Be a normal person yourself and read…
Old 11-27-2022, 02:11 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

However if you list it in both places..you wont be able to hide how much your asking price is on ebay...even if you delete on net54, a huge problem..