NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 03-02-2023, 07:52 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
The reason I said I don't really understand, is because I don't have enough information.

HA had a lot last week that I was looking at. !952 Topps lot of 140 cards, around vg. They showed 8 commons, and did not list the numbers. The lot went for a lot more than I bid. If they included a Mickey Mantle in the lot, I think it's okay to walk away with it.
I prefer to not provide any additional information on the purchase or seller, as over the years the lots have been a source of variations that have been included in previously purchased lots.
Old 03-02-2023, 12:47 PM
Steve Birmingham

I would probably just think of it as two lots from a single transaction.
If I'd bought them at an in person auction that's what they would be.

I'd keep both, even viewed individually, sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't.

A couple examples,

I bought a big batch of British cigarette cards on ebay. Probably a couple thousand. They're usually found in sets, and nice condition. These were not listed as sets of being in good shape, and in fact weren't. They were as the pics showed. Still a big bunch of pretty neat stuff.
ANd the packing material! at first I was nervous, as it appeared to be a large flat rate box full of 91 Score baseball..... Some of which had gotten damaged when the box bounced around the postal service. The lot I bought was buried inside the sacrificial junk wax.
And on the bottom? A complete 92 score set in a binder and pages.
I sold the "packing material" at a yard sale for more than the whole lot plus shipping.

Bought a block of four stamps for a pretty good price. Dealer that has a rep for not exactly having proper descriptions, but who does huge volume and misses varieties often enough to keep an eye on.
Package arrives, and it was a block at one point, but isn't it's two pairs. Looked closely at the scans, and knowing it's not really a block I can see how the listing employee carefully place them to look like the block it was advertised as.
Now the catch. One of the stamps has a variety I want. The catalog value for a block is a lot more than I paid, but the catalog value for two hinged singles and two not hinged singles is higher still. So I didn't get what I expected, but actually got a more valuable group of stamps. that were the exact ones I'd bid on... (I did sort of really want a block thought... )
I called them like their listings say "any problems call us!" Ok then.
Laid it all out for him, and he was like "and? What do you want? " I told him I would keep them, but wanted him to know about the underhanded listing as someone else would probably not do the math a make a whole thing out of it. (and maybe just maybe some understanding and a free shipping coupon or a small discount- even lie $1-2 would have been cool. )
Nope, he seemed annoyed. Like literally "ok, whatever. what else can I do for you?"

Just said nope just wanted you to know like your listings say, any problem call us. Bye.