NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-09-2012, 03:44 PM

Default Demmitt St.Louis in Huggins&Scott

Huggins and Scott has their on-line catalogue up for their October auction, with a T-206 Demmitt graded 2.5.
No lot number yet. Any advice as to where I should bid to? Never will I get a Wagner nor Plank, but this card is within my reach.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:50 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Thanks I might bid for that also.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Eric Bea.chley

I never look through their auctions so I would have missed it. Been looking for a nice looking lower grade Demmitt. This one us perfect I'm going to register now with H&S to bid on it.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomman1961 View Post
Huggins and Scott has their on-line catalogue up for their October auction, with a T-206 Demmitt graded 2.5.
No lot number yet. Any advice as to where I should bid to? Never will I get a Wagner nor Plank, but this card is within my reach.
Posting this may not have been one of your best ideas.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM
MikeHealer

Quote:
It looks like your consignment the card will have a couple of bidders.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Matt Hall

50k seems like a reasonable bid.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Jake

Mike- did not even consider self promotion, but after looking at the post again it seems pretty obvious.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:01 PM

He is not the consignor.

James
Old 09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
MikeHealer

Jake- seems like asking what a g/vg example is worth would suffice.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:22 PM

I bet a mil would take it. I'd bid that much to be sure.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 PM
pete ullman

I hate t206's but I think I want that demmitt...there's something about it?!?!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:30 PM
qu@n nguy3n

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=t206+demmitt+lot

p.s. to pete--demmitt suck, o'hara is where it's at.

Last edited by chaddurbin; 09-09-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:36 PM
pete ullman

i've already owned an o'hara...but never a Demitt?!?!?!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=t206+demmitt+lot

p.s. to pete--demmitt suck, o'hara is where it's at.
That's a great website.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
$500 more than before this thread started.
JimB
Old 09-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default comedy

Great post to find the next great comodian of Net54 !!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Pretty sure I saw one on our own b/s/t for a reasonable price. No fees or stress and you can probably negotiate for it. That is if it's still available and you are ok with a lesser condition example for your collection.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:05 PM

I am appalled by a lot of the posts to my thread.Especially JLighter , Mike healer, and Mathew H. I must thank Orioles1954 for backing me up/ I enjoy looking at other's cards and collections. And then talking to some of you guys. But to accuse me of being the consigner of this lot to raise a bid, and then insult me by saying it goes for 50K disgusts me. I enjoy coming home from a hard days work and looking at great old cards as relaxation-not to have this kind of BS thrown at me. I asked a very simple question and get this nonsense? I have been collercting since 1973 and now find myself able to afford this card, and just wanted a range of where you would think it would be. Nothing more than just a simple question. I don't get it. I hoped for an adult conversation here, and get BS responses and accusations. I am so pissed off I must stop rambling now.
Leon? Any idea why this happens?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Jake

Quote:
I am appalled by a lot of the posts to my thread.Especially JLighter , Mike healer, and Mathew H. I must thank Orioles1954 for backing me up/ I enjoy looking at other's cards and collections. And then talking to some of you guys. But to accuse me of being the consigner of this lot to raise a bid, and then insult me by saying it goes for 50K disgusts me. I enjoy coming home from a hard days work and looking at great old cards as relaxation-not to have this kind of BS thrown at me. I asked a very simple question and get this nonsense? I have been collercting since 1973 and now find myself able to afford this card, and just wanted a range of where you would think it would be. Nothing more than just a simple question. I don't get it. I hoped for an adult conversation here, and get BS responses and accusations. I am so pissed off I must stop rambling now.

Sorry that you feel offended. It just seemed odd that you made it very specific. As if you were asking people to bid on it. It might have just been easier to post a picture of it, unless of course you like paying more at auctions.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Matt Hall

I wasn't trying to offend you. I think stuff comes off more mean spirited behind text on a screen. I tend to joke my way through life, sorry about that.

Go to vintagecardprices.com and pay 3.99 and see all the past sales. Trust me, it's better them alerting all of your competition about what's for sale. If you don't want I subscribe. PM me and I'll check the site for you.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Eric Bea.chley

To me it was a toss-up on whether the OP was trying to get a higher price for his consignment or if the OP made the mistake of identifying a specific auction that will likely make it more expensive to acquire.

There will always be another.

Added to mention that there is no reason to be "appalled". Seemingly simple questions with the purpose of generating interest and higher bids occurs all the time.

Last edited by egbeachley; 09-12-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:50 PM
MikeHealer

Tomman, sorry I upset you, but it seemed a little odd to be so specific about a
fairly common card that sells at auction multiple times a year. A quick search of auction results would have given you the answer to your question.

Again, sorry for upsetting you.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Frank Wakefield

Maybe around $2600 would be a good price. It'll probably go for a bit more.

Partly just wanted to show you someone here could answer a question...
Old 09-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Reg

I just don't understand I normally don't chime in on these threads but this one rubbed me wrong!

I just don't understand the big deal of posting about an auction prior to it ending! Can you honestly tell me that if your truly looking for a Demmitt (or whomever) that you wouldn't have know about an auction?

Now I could see if it was some kind of private sale or something that was 1 or 2 days, but hell auctions like this run upwards of 20 days! Not to mention no T206 is all that "rare" and if it was chances are you can't afford it!!

Please enlighten me???
Old 09-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

Quote:
Lighten up, Francis!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 AM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
Lighten up, Francis!
Don't call me Francis!!!
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 09-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Over the years we have had countless people come on the board and post about current auctions of their OWN items in order to get more publicity. Very few people, including myself, want to draw MORE attention to something we have a serious interest in, in a current auction. If you look back at the very recent S74 Cobby thread I started you will note that I overpaid for an item that was sold very recently in a Huggins and Scott Auction. I watch their auctions very closely but just missed that silk. So, saying it's in a public auction and will be seen anyway is not always the case. Hope this answers your question. I wouldn't get too upset at what the board was collectively thinking concerning your post. The reactions were quite normal, historically speaking, and I don't think were necessarily targeted at you personally (though of course it is your thread, it is more a general reaction to this type of post).
Old 09-13-2012, 08:55 AM

I would advise the OP to call an auction house and ask to see what their prices realized have been in the past. H&S has handled several Demmitt variations in various grades and we would not be against someone calling and asking how much item XYZ goes for. We actually field close to a dozen such calls per week. Again, the OP is not the consignor. I sould know, I wrote the lot.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:37 AM

I came off strong on my post because this 51 year old guy who has been a serious collector since age 12 was surprised at the answers.Leon informed me about things that happen to drive auction prices up. I truly did not know that posts go up to increase a consigners bid. Oriole1954 confirmed I am not the consigner. Anyway. I thank everyone for their advice, websites,etc. And this is a big thumbs up to the guys I mentioned in my rant.Everyone I mentioned has come back to me and explained their post-to my satisfaction.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:39 PM

The author of this thread is NOT the consigner. I am 100% sure of that. Dan Mckee.