NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-11-2022, 10:17 AM
Paul Lehr

Default Should I be worried? I'm kinda freaking out!! PSA/DNA.

On 09/22 I sent four previously authenticated photos to PSA/DNA's Woodbridge, NJ office to be slabbed. I value the photos at at least $2k even though I'd never sell them for that amount.
USPS tracking shows the package was delivered on 09/26 but the PSA site says the package has never been received. Even with the 3-5 day wait PSA says it usually takes for tracking/packages to show up on their site the package should have at least shown as received in PSA's possession no later than 10/01.
It's now 10/11 and I've spent the last day and a half trying to get a live person on the phone or a response to a direct email from either PSA or the USPS.
I could care less how long it takes to log the order or slab the photos, but at this point I'm thinking they were potentially delivered to the wrong address, which I can't confirm, because I can't get anyone on the phone.

Has anyone else had issues like this with packages not showing as received?
Attached Images
File Type: png PSA.png (153.3 KB, 672 views)
File Type: png USPS.png (105.1 KB, 668 views)
Old 10-11-2022, 01:51 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

You are likely fine. Call their customer service at 10:00 AM and get it their que for a same day call back. This is the only way to talk to someone live. I had one lost for 3 months but they found it when I finally talked to someone in the NJ office.

Last edited by rand1com; 10-11-2022 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Content
Old 10-11-2022, 02:21 PM
Paul Lehr

Thanks for the reassurance, Randy. I finally got a call back from a USPS rep in Woodbridge, NJ and they assure me it was delivered to the correct address. So hopefully it eventually gets scanned in.
Old 10-11-2022, 03:35 PM

Hi Paul, Jim here. The process for autographed photos is a nightmare to sort through. I had the exact same thing happen on my last submission. This has happened to EVERY submission I have sent to the NJ office. Here are bullets for you:

(1) VERY IMPORTANT - make sure you keep a copy of the ORIGINAL - I repeat ORIGINAL - submission form you submitted with the photos. If you save the electronic copy to your computer, each time you open the document it will automatically generate a NEW submission number. You would then have no way to know what the original submission number was. If you didn't make a copy of original submission, and simply saved it to your computer, you may have trouble finding the original submission number that went along with your order.

(2) Track it through the USPS website all the way. Take a screen shot of the USPS delivery information. You will need this later to follow up with PSA.

(3) The process for PSA photo authentication and autographed photo authentication and classification is much different and outdated compared to their card submission. They DO NOT enter the item until it is almost complete. Regardless of what you're told - it will not be entered until it is ready to be complete OR you have complained so much they finally enter it.

I attached a picture of the screen shot that reflects my last submission. Please note the date received of 6/23/2022 and date entered 9/26/2022. They were actually delivered on 6/3/2022 - not 6/23/2022. This was only after I complained so much it probably drove them crazy.

(4) If the photo is not autographed the process is a little quicker, but if it is autographed you're looking at about 4-5 months turnaround.

It is not a happy process. I still have a couple that have yet to be entered that were delivered in early July.

I will say, they have never lost one of my submissions - thank God for that! Good Luck and hit me up if you have any further questions I can assist you with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8339.jpg (174.3 KB, 606 views)
Old 10-11-2022, 04:22 PM

All this trouble and worry for no good reason at all.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:07 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Not getting confirmation a package arrived is worthy of concern.

The major owner of PSA, Nat Turner, has an account on Net54 and Blowout if you want to complain about the service.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Not getting confirmation a package arrived is worthy of concern.
The "unnecessary action" is not being concerned that a valuable package is missing. It is sending it to PSA in the first place.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:18 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
The "unnecessary action" is not being concerned that a valuable package is missing. It is sending it to PSA in the first place.
Agreed.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:04 PM
Bob Andrews

Jim's thorough and detailed response to the OP is just more evidence to that fact that this is such a great community.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:16 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

They are running behind at that office going back to before the national. They got my last order on Sept 26th and it’s not entered yet. When I exchanged emails with the rep they said they’re a little behind and should be a month to get done. That was last week. We”ll see how it works out for you, but I’m sure it’s fine.

In regards to whether it’s “worth it” or not. For resale, yes it’s worth it. Many people will not buy an autograph without the LOA with it. Also, whether we agree or not people are willing to pay more (a lot more) for any high quality signature with a PSA/DNA or JSA letter.

I can argue with that logic or I can just make money based on it. I choose the latter.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:24 PM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Agreed.
I’m starting to agree with you guys.

As far as resale value, if I sold my entire collection these particular photos would be among the very last to go; so I’m hoping they do show up.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:25 PM
Paul Lehr

Thanks Jim, I appreciate that detailed response.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
In regards to whether it’s “worth it” or not. For resale, yes it’s worth it. Many people will not buy an autograph without the LOA with it. Also, whether we agree or not people are willing to pay more (a lot more) for any high quality signature with a PSA/DNA or JSA letter.
Read the original post. The photos had already been "authenticated." They were sent out to be slabbed.
Old 10-12-2022, 01:28 AM
Michael

When I used to send often to PSA (before they jacked up the price and the turnaround time became 8 months +, It could take 3-4 months for me before my submission showed up on their website. One reason I haven't submitted in quite awhile
Old 10-12-2022, 06:14 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

But you are speaking of the California office and most likely for grading or dual authentication. For just authentication when you send to the NJ office the wait is not that long.

Last edited by Duluth Eskimo; 10-12-2022 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-12-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Read the original post. The photos had already been "authenticated." They were sent out to be slabbed.
The original post did not say who they were authenticated by. PSA will not classify and encapsulate an autographed photograph when the autograph has been authenticated by another company, i.e. JSA. You would have to have the autograph recertified by PSA. I have tried in person to no avail. I have a large collection of vintage (1930's - 1940's) snapshot autographed photos certified by JSA. PSA will not classify and encapsulate them as certified autographed photos without having the autographs authenticated by PSA, example attached.
Old 10-12-2022, 12:20 PM

I forgot to attach the photo - senior moment!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81117916_1_x.jpg (176.4 KB, 458 views)
Old 10-12-2022, 12:41 PM
Jonathan Sterling

I am fortunate in that I live about 2 miles from PSA NJ office. So I make appointments and drop off items for autograph authentication and pick them up when finished. I can drop off items to be authenticated and slabbed, process now about 3 weeks. But for many years was a week 10 days.
My comment to this thread is that my last submission it was about 2 weeks to log in. But the good news is that they were finished a week later.
Old 10-12-2022, 02:41 PM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
The original post did not say who they were authenticated by. PSA will not classify and encapsulate an autographed photograph when the autograph has been authenticated by another company, i.e. JSA. You would have to have the autograph recertified by PSA. I have tried in person to no avail. I have a large collection of vintage (1930's - 1940's) snapshot autographed photos certified by JSA. PSA will not classify and encapsulate them as certified autographed photos without having the autographs authenticated by PSA, example attached.
My photos in question are not autographed but were previously authenticated as Type 1 by PSA/DNA and an accompanying letter was issued for each. I just wanted them slabbed.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:06 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Default Submitting photos to PSA

Just curious - when you submit a group of photos to PSA, how do you pack them? I have about 20 I want to have authenticated and slabbed, but I am not sure what the best way to pack them is.

Thanks

Chris

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 10-13-2022, 12:00 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

I would place each one in an 8.5” x 11” poly sleeve and then place all 20 between 2 slightly larger pieces of cardboard and ship in a USPS medium long flat rate box.

Last edited by rand1com; 10-13-2022 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Content
Old 10-13-2022, 01:38 PM
C.hris Bl.and

Thanks Randy - that sounds like a good way to do it.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 10-13-2022, 01:55 PM

I pack them just like Randy stated in his response. The only difference is I place a sticker on each holder with as much information as I can. Usually just the name, era, etc. Totally not necessary but my train of thought is it might assist the person doing the research if they have a starting point. If it's a snapshot it might really assist - I don't know for sure - but maybe.

Attached are 2 of the photos that I just got back from PSA NJ. I'm very happy with the results, it's just the process.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8319.jpg (209.2 KB, 371 views)
File Type: jpg Hubbard #2.jpg (197.6 KB, 369 views)
Old 10-18-2022, 05:33 PM
Paul Lehr

**(Update 10/18)**

I've now spoken to four different USPS investigators who tell me my package has been traced to the door of PSA/DNA, and they have to have the package. It was suggested by the last person I spoke to (a supervisor in Woodbridge, NJ) that I contact PSA's management and escalate a complaint. Anyone who's ever dealt with PSA knows that's pretty much impossible unless you live close enough to walk into an office.

I finally got a call back from PSA's customer service and the person I spoke to assures me they never received the package and it was suggested that I call the postal inspector and make a formal complaint.

Anyone have any realistic suggestions on where to go from here? Obviously one of these parties screwed up somewhere and of course they're both trying to pass the buck. I'm sick. I've shipped thousands of packages in the last 30 years and this is only the second to go missing.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:23 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

PSA will find it.

Mine was lost for almost 3 months but was found when I actually spoke to a person in the NJ office, not a customer service rep from California.

The photo had been sent to Henry Yee for authentication and received back by them but since they had no record of ever receiving it initially, it was just being held. When I described the item they immediately found it and returned it in 2 days.

Yours is different as you said it was already authenticated and just needed to be slabbed.

They may have to send it to another facility to slab it.

Don't give up!!

Last edited by rand1com; 10-18-2022 at 06:25 PM. Reason: content
Old 10-18-2022, 08:28 PM
Jamie

I hand delivered a negro league autographed photo at the National and it still has not been logged in. It is going to be reviewed by Henry and the autos. Plus slabbed.

I am not worried yet.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:40 PM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlesinj View Post
I hand delivered a negro league autographed photo at the National and it still has not been logged in. It is going to be reviewed by Henry and the autos. Plus slabbed.

I am not worried yet.
Not sure how hand delivered items are logged but when a package arrives it’s supposed to be scanned in as received and that scan should show as package received within 5 days on their web site. The package was supposedly delivered on 09/26 so it should at least show as received by 10/01. It’s now 10/18 and the package still doesn’t show in their possession. So at this point I don’t know if they are sitting on the package that just wasn’t scanned in, or did the USPS deliver it to the wrong address? I don’t care when the photos are actually slabbed and returned, I’m just trying to figure out if PSA actually has possession of the box/photos.

I realize I may sound impatient or crazy to some but the package contains photos of four 1908/09 Pittsburgh Pirates HOF’ers and four of my favorite photos in my collection.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:44 PM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand1com View Post
PSA will find it.

Mine was lost for almost 3 months but was found when I actually spoke to a person in the NJ office, not a customer service rep from California.

The photo had been sent to Henry Yee for authentication and received back by them but since they had no record of ever receiving it initially, it was just being held. When I described the item they immediately found it and returned it in 2 days.

Yours is different as you said it was already authenticated and just needed to be slabbed.

They may have to send it to another facility to slab it.

Don't give up!!
Randy,

How did you get in touch with someone at the NJ office? I can’t find a direct number anywhere?

If anyone has a direct number for the NJ office please advise.
Old 10-19-2022, 06:22 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Why don’t you just relax and stop demanding service. If it was that big of a deal you should have hand delivered it at the national or at one of their offices. As I explained earlier, they are running a little behind. If you don’t like the service don’t participate in the process.
Old 10-19-2022, 06:46 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEHR View Post
Randy,

How did you get in touch with someone at the NJ office? I can’t find a direct number anywhere?

If anyone has a direct number for the NJ office please advise.
You will not get a direct phone number. I had correspondence by email directly with them. After talking to the California customer service 4 times over 4 weeks they finally gave me an email contact at the NJ office and the problem was straightened out in less than 24 hours with the lost photo being found. It was shipped the next day and entered into their system as received on the same day, 3 months after it was delivered to them by USPS.
Old 10-19-2022, 08:01 PM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
Why don’t you just relax and stop demanding service. If it was that big of a deal you should have hand delivered it at the national or at one of their offices. As I explained earlier, they are running a little behind. If you don’t like the service don’t participate in the process.
Hey Jason, thanks for that helpful positive response. I’m so glad you posted that. I feel so much better since you assured me they’re just running behind.

Cheers.
Old 10-19-2022, 08:49 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlesinj View Post

I am not worried yet.
Oooh, can you share who the photo/auto is?
Old 10-19-2022, 09:12 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

When you sent the photos to PSA did you get signature required. If you did check who signed for it. If you didn't this is a good lesson to all submitters--get signature required (direct--no electronic signature) and avoid headaches.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:39 PM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
When you sent the photos to PSA did you get signature required. If you did check who signed for it. If you didn't this is a good lesson to all submitters--get signature required (direct--no electronic signature) and avoid headaches.
Hey Jay,
I did get signature required, but the USPS delivery person let the recipient sign with a scribble. You can’t make out a single letter of the name. In the future I’ll most likely just hand deliver stuff like this at a show to avoid the headache.

Last edited by LEHR; 10-19-2022 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:49 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
Oooh, can you share who the photo/auto is?
1932 Philadelphia Royal Giants team photo with Andy Cooper and Biz Mackey.

I bought it via RMY for the photo and later found this through a thread here on Net54.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions...html?locale=en
Old 10-20-2022, 12:52 AM
Michael

I had given a Miller Huggins to PSA at one time and they lost it. They offered me way below what it was worth. I was able to bargain them up to $2500 which was still quite a bit below replacement cost but they wouldn't budge above it
Old 10-20-2022, 08:42 AM
Paul Lehr

Last update,

While my package still doesn't show as received by PSA, I got email conformation today that my package is in possession of PSA/DNA and they even sent me a scan of my submission form as proof. With the package not being scanned in upon receipt as all my others have been my biggest fear was that the USPS carrier delivered it to the wrong address. Glad they have it and I'll eventually get my photos back.

A big THANK YOU to those of you who reached out with contact information for PSA/DNA, it was a big help here.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:01 AM
M@rk Lu7z

Default a great relief

Very glad to hear that they have your submission and that you can put all cares aside. (until they try to ship your stuff back to you)
Mark.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:27 AM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Very glad to hear that they have your submission and that you can put all cares aside. (until they try to ship your stuff back to you)
Mark.
Thanks Mark!
Old 10-20-2022, 11:02 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I sure am glad to hear you demanded an answer from 4 different USPS people as well as PSA only to find out what you already had from delivery confirmation and what everyone already knew. That they received your package, but it’s not in the system yet. It won’t show up in “the system” for another month because they are running behind. Cheers.
Old 10-21-2022, 04:42 AM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
I sure am glad to hear you demanded an answer from 4 different USPS people as well as PSA only to find out what you already had from delivery confirmation and what everyone already knew. That they received your package, but it’s not in the system yet. It won’t show up in “the system” for another month because they are running behind. Cheers.
Who hurt you? Man, you seem like a miserable person. Hopefully things get better for you.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:21 AM

What a wonderful business PSA seems to be. They've brainwashed most of the community into believing that "it ain't real 'till we say it's real," while totally indemnifying themselves from responsibility if it actually ain't real. It takes them a month to log a valuable package in to their system (We're running behind.), something that should be done immediately upon receipt. And, when a customer is understandably worried and upset that his valuable items can't be found, he can't speak to an actual person who might help.

But, hey... keep on sending your stuff. And your money.