NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default cont...turkey red wanna be or fritsch reprint

Posted By: jeff

hello again-
this is a follow up. i said i'd post a pic so i will just to be sure. it was regarding my elderly neighbor's card that seemed to be a turkey red myers at bat in appearance, but was the size of a normal card, not a turkey red. bcornell pointed out (thanks to you by the way) that it was likely a fritsch reprint, but just to be sure, here's the pics. i'm showing these on the outside chance there were similar cards to the turkey reds that were "normal" card size. probably a reprint, but before i tell my neighbor that, i'd better rule out the possibility that it is indeed a vintage card similar to the turkey red issues but of normal size. (personally, a fritsch reprint seems the most obvious answer, but my neighbor swears he's had it for years upon years....then again, he remembers very little very accurately.) thanks everyone once again.
jeff

Old 09-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

reprint. I dont know when they were made, but its possible they've been around since the 80s - maybe longer.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

If this is the size os a standard modern day card then this is probably from a set put out a few years back. I saw one at a card shop about 5 years ago. The card shop owner must have thought it was real because it was priced as if it were the real thing. I could only wish that all reproductions were as obvious as these T3 wannabes.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Zach

I can't find it on ebay completed listings for some odd reason but recently like as in the past 2 weeks or so there was a meyers reprint on ebay being so as the real deal....it went for over 100 maybe the seller ended the auction.....it looked exactley like the one you posted.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Its amazing how little some dealers know about the cards that they sell.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Justin

Here is the auction I think you're referring to Zach. I emailed this seller before this auction ended and asked what the measurements were. When the seller gave me measurements for a modern day card, I told him it was an obvious reprint, but he sold it as real anyways. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5236825899&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Old 09-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Zach

ahah thats the one...thanks. Seems like the t3 myers is a common reprint

Old 09-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jeff

thanks a lot for the help on this folks. i'll tell my neighbor that it appears to be a reprint. can't tell you how much i appreciate it. i checked out that ebay site with the myers on it....that card is def very similar to my neighbor's. it MUST be a common reprint. thanks once again. this is a great online community, and maybe one day i'll learn enough to be able to contribute.
jeff

Old 09-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

The only definitive difference between a MW reprint an d a T3 was a tiny sunburst coming up from the lower left and right corners in back. Of course if the card chipped, you could see that baseboard was different, and the colors were a bit off in front (but the shape of the lithogrqaphy--or pseudo-=lithography was--perfect...) Also--this is really beginning to sound pretty different, huh? There was no attempt to imitate the leathery, beady surface of T3s.

Someone unfamiliar with ther set could easily be taken in, though. My Chief Meyers at Bat Mike Wheat is STILL the only one I have (8 other real ones).