NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

Hi everyone:

I just read Leon's thread about the board, where he encouraged lurkers to post.

So here I am.

My name is Al; I've been reading this board for about a year, and I am amazed by all the knowledge here.

I traditionally haven't posted here, but some of you may know me from other boards. My collection consists of a variety of vintage and not-so-vintage baseball cards; I would say about 25% of it is relevant to the subject matter of this board - most notably 1938 Goudey and the older players in a HOF type set that I've been enjoying putting together.

Anyway, I'm pleased to be here, and will post occasionally when I have something worth adding.

I'm about to post in the B/S/T thread, not as a seller but a buyer - I'm always looking for 38 Goudeys.

Anyway, thanks for being here!

-Al

Old 08-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: Josh K.

welcome aboard

Old 08-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

Welcome Al.

Your feet are wet now, time to dive!

Old 08-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: Wesley

Welcome Al!

Old 08-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: leon

Welcome aboard our little niche on the net......hope to see ya join in in the future and appreciate the post. best regards

Old 08-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Al,

Yet, another welcome aboard message.

If you ever happen to run into any Old Judge baseball cards you want to sell, let me know. There's a guy that posts in the forum named Jay Miller, don't sell them to him because he has entirely too many of these cards...

Old 08-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: andy becker

welcome al.
c'mon in, take your coat off, stay a while.

Old 08-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: Elliot

About time Al. For those who don't know him, Al is a great guy and was involved in the production of SGC's magazine. Be gentle with him.

Old 08-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: leon

I got one at the National but lost it somewhere. They were free and if anyone has one I would sure appreciate looking at it. I never did get to read it. Much appreciated....

Old 08-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Not to hijack this thread, but if anyone cares to loan a copy of sgc's mag to me for a week or so, it would be appreciated.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: Greg Ecklund

I think I still have the one (or two maybe?) that I picked up at the show. If I can find it, I will post here.

Old 08-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: Greg Ecklund

Leon and Josh,
I found my copy of SGC's magazine from the National - turns out I only picked up one.

Leon, since you posted first, I can send it on to you and if you could send it to Josh when you are done that would be great - if you would like to keep it please shoot me an email (Gecklund311@yahoo.com) and I'll send it out to Josh first.

Greg

Old 08-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Thanks Greg

Old 08-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

Thanks folks, for the warm reception. I look forward to participating and hopefully adding to the board.

Fred, I have no Old Judges yet, but it seems like every time I become a member of a new board, I discover a bunch of new stuff and my collection changes. So who knows where I'll be after a few posts on Net54?

I do reiterate my offer to consider any 1938 Goudeys that may be taking up extra room in your collections, though. The cards are very bulky and take up lots of space, plus they're ugly and not worth much, and you would all do well to send whatever you have to me.

As far as SGC is concerned, I'm thrilled to be involved with the magazine. They're a great group of people. They still have some copies of the first issue left, and they're taking subscriptions, so a quick call or email and I'm sure they'll be happy to let you know how to get one. No need to pass around one copy - there's plenty to go around!

-Al

Old 08-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: WP

Welcome aboard.

Old 08-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Default Introduction

Posted By: tbob

Welcome Al. Hope your collection continues to grow and grow and your happiness with the hobby grows proportionately. By the way if you have any of those ugly but colorful cards with "George Close Company" on the back, be sure and let me know, I'll be glad to take them off your hands.