NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Bill Cauley

Default Just an Introduction

Hello everyone! Just thought I'd introduce myself so you aren't all asking "Who the hell is this clown?" when I do post on here. I was on the old boards once in awhile about 2-3 years ago. I was a lurker for about 98% of the time, posting once in awhile with a question or two, and I learned a lot from you guys about pre-war cards. For all the knowledge I did gain, I hope to build on it even more and a big thanks to all of you for that.

I'll probably be lurking a lot still, though plan on picking up some stuff on the B/S/T here and there. Nothing big, just some random stuff that interests me. Just made my first purchase ever on there the other day and am looking forward to receiving it. Hopefully picked up another this morning, still waiting to find out. Sold about 5 T206 cards a couple of years ago on there. I prefer the B/S/T to ebay as it appears many of you do.

Dropped off the face of the earth in Sep. 2007 due to my deployment to Iraq. Came back Dec. 2008 and dabbled in picking up some modern rookie cards. Will probably still do that to a small extent as all of that modern stuff is out of hand. Vintage is just so much better.

I'll be out of the military in a couple of months and if all goes well, (keep your fingers crossed for me), I'll be working/relocating up to the Washington D.C. area. If that happens, I look forward to partaking in a couple of these Northern VA get togethers as I'd love to meet some of you guys and possibly get to see some of your stuff. I'm still very slim on my pre-war but it's a start. Being in the military with a small income and married with a son kind of limits what I can purchase but hey, they come first. That's why I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this job. You'll see I'll be much more active in purchasing from you guys then!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Looking forward to learning a lot more, hopefully meeting some of you at some point, and collecting some pre-war! Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there! I'll be shooting out to see the Pawtucket Red Sox/Durham Bulls game later with my son over in Durham, N.C. Taking him to his first game. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Bill

Welcome back. Glad you made it back safe and sound too. Good luck in the collecting.....take care
Old 06-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Barry Sloate

Hi Bill- welcome back, and of course we remember you. Glad you came home safely.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Archive

Welcome to the Board Bill

Former soldier myself and glad to hear you made it back from "The Land of Sand" okay.

Happy Father's Day to you.

Jantz
Old 06-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Dustan Hedlin

Welcome back! You're not the only one here who's on a budget, but pre-war is still a lot of fun with limited funds. I've been on a budget since I started, and I've gotten to about 90-95 T206's with no problem. It just takes time. There's nothing like pre-war. Happy Father's Day!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Brian

Thanks for your service Bill
Old 06-21-2009, 10:57 AM

Appreciate your commitment.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Barry Arnold

Default bill

welcome back!!!
always great to have your input.

best,
barry
Old 06-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Joe P.

Default Welcome back Bill

Let the hobby be nothing more than a sublimation to your job.
Let the hobby happen.

When I re entered the hobby in 1982, I was 51.
I started with rookie cards, and sets from that period.
I then gravitated to the sets of the cards that I use to flip when I was ten, like the 1941 Play Ball.
I then stumbled upon the pre war tobacco sets.
All of them just happened, no preconceived plan.
Today, my 401K is streaking towards a 101K, and I'm still enjoying the hobby.

While with the Marines in Korea, we had a motto:

The Unbelievable we can do ... The Impossible ... will take a little longer.

Semper Fi!
Joe
Old 06-21-2009, 01:38 PM
qualitycards

Bill Thanks for your service & Happy Fathers Day!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Richard Cline

Bill, Welcome back and thanks for your service, glad you're safe and sound.
Hope you and your boy enjoyed that first game, they grow up quick. My "baby boy" was here to see me yesterday and he now has arms that are like two of mine put together. They grow up amazingly fast.

RC
Old 06-21-2009, 09:24 PM

Greetings Bill , "Welcome back!" My family & I very much appreciate your service! I really hope & pray that you'll end up where you're wanting to go.
I can very much relate to WANTING a few more coins for cards. I just spent 6 months in Iraq, and I'm working up to spend the next year in Afghanistan. Its been nice to be home, I'm sure you know what I mean Anyways, Thanks for chimin' in & we'll see ya around the board.

Life's Grand,
Denny Walsh