NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-05-2023, 02:20 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default FREE "Net54 Spoken Here!" Booth Sign for The National!!

Using the word "Free" was just a Marketing 101 ploy to get eyes on this thread. I mean, it is FREE, but that has no bearing on anything.

Anyway...I created a sign for members to put up at their National booths (actually, you can use it at whatever show you want), so other members can easily zero in and perhaps do business (in other words, "drop dem Benjamins") with some of our own. Of course, money isn't everything, so the other function of the sign is to find guys you 'on-line know' to chat with (Crap! You should never end a sentence with with. With with?? Whoa!! This is getting weird...stay focused, Elms.).

Here's what it looks like (with an invented 'sample' member's name/ID). Leon okayed it, so it's ready to go...unless anyone has pertinent suggestions for necessary changes (the key word there is "necessary")?

Some basic facts:
• The final version will be posted here, so you would just download it and print it from home.
• If done correctly (printed with the 'origin across' and 'origin down' both at zero), it will have a one quarter of an inch white border around it. After printing, use a paper cutter to chop it at the 8" mark and you will have the proper 8.5" wide by 8" tall final version.
• For durability, simply use some rubber cement to mount it to cardboard.
• The "Name/Net54 ID" section will obviously be blank, so you would use a Sharpie or such to write whatever you want there.
NO FRICKIN' PROMISES!! I may be up for personalizing them (in other words, replacing the Barney Buggzie and “CobbSlobb28” - same font - with your info) for some of you guys, if I have enough time.

IMPORTANT:
Can someone out there download the sample and print it, to see if the sizing is working correctly?? I would appreciate it.

net54spokenherefinalsample01.jpg

Question, comments, etc., welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 04-04-2024 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-07-2023, 03:36 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Below is the final 'blank' version for downloading and printing, so grab it up.

For those asking about a personalized version:
• PM me and type out EXACTLY what you want it to say in the "Name/Net54 ID:" box, because I'm only going to do a cut and paste job to replace the 'Barney Buggzie “CobbSlobb28”' verbiage (seen in the first post above). In other words, make it easy on me.
- You can have your full name, first name, nickname, no name, whatever you want in the 'Name' portion.
- You 'should' have your Net54 screenname displayed (it'll be encased in quote marks), but you can do whatever you want. Your booth, your choice.
- You can have just your name or just your screenname if you don't want to have both of them on this thing.

net54spokenhereprintfinal01.jpg

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Old 07-07-2023, 06:14 PM

Great idea. These would also make great t-shirts for those attending...attentive sellers that reside within our lair could beckon Net54'ers to their tables, and fellow t-shirt wearers could play Net54 'tag you're it' games while roaming the convention aisles.

Brian
Old 07-07-2023, 09:33 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Nice of you to offer this option Jolly.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 07-08-2023, 05:43 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Okay, here's a possible T-Shirt version for those walking around The National.

• Obviously, I would have to clear it with Leon first.
• It would be through an on-line 'print as you go' t-shirt purveyor.
• I would have to find a way to do it so there's no mark-up. You'd just pay whatever the base cost to buy one is (read: no money in my pockets).
• I'd also have to find a printer that does it cheaply. Other two-sided baseball card shirts I created cost a lot. This one would be single-sided, so perhaps a decent price could be doable?

Would members be interested in this idea?
Please post your thoughts here.

(Not to size.)
net54spokenheretshirtsample01.jpg

Casey Stengel

Last edited by JollyElm; 07-08-2023 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2023, 06:15 PM

Nice offer for folks attending. I will have to pass as I will not be at the show, and thus if I were to wear it at home, I would just be talking to myself.

Brian
Old 07-08-2023, 08:42 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Nice offer for folks attending. I will have to pass as I will not be at the show, and thus if I were to wear it at home, I would just be talking to myself.Brian
Brian, don't you already do this much of the time?
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 07-09-2023, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Brian, don't you already do this much of the time?
Sometimes it seems like it Val. Or should I instead say...Brian?

Brian (echo...echo. Is it just me, or are the walls slowly closing in?)
Old 07-18-2023, 02:32 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Anyone else need a personalized version of the booth sign? Hit me up, because The Natty (not a fan of that expression) will be here quicker than Mike Trout gets injured (too soon?).

Casey Stengel

Old 04-06-2024, 01:06 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Below is the final 'blank' version for downloading and printing, so grab it up.

For those asking about a personalized version:
• PM me and type out EXACTLY what you want it to say in the "Name/Net54 ID:" box, because I'm only going to do a cut and paste job to replace the 'Barney Buggzie “CobbSlobb28”' verbiage (seen in the first post above). In other words, make it easy on me.
- You can have your full name, first name, nickname, no name, whatever you want in the 'Name' portion.
- You 'should' have your Net54 screenname displayed (it'll be encased in quote marks), but you can do whatever you want. Your booth, your choice.
- You can have just your name or just your screenname if you don't want to have both of them on this thing.

Attachment 579024
Great idea!!! I'll be heading over to Stupidsville to buy some cards and I look forward to meeting ALL you kids!