NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-07-2013, 06:35 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Default Paypal (payment unclaimed)

I just purchased a card on ebay and the seller had paypal as the payment
method but when I sent the payment it came back as unclaimed. after
checking my paypal it says recipient is unregistered.

What do I do next? (I did send the seller a message).

Thanks
Patrick
Old 10-07-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
I just purchased a card on ebay and the seller had paypal as the payment
method but when I sent the payment it came back as unclaimed. after
checking my paypal it says recipient is unregistered.

What do I do next? (I did send the seller a message).

Thanks
Patrick

....be VERY careful.

Last edited by ramram; 10-07-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:16 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

i have had this happen before. in my experience it pretty much means the seller has their head up their ass. shoot the seller an email. if the payment is still unclaimed and/or the item has not shipped after 10 days (which is the minimum to request a refund), request your money back.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Banned

Last edited by Rollingstone206; 02-25-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:35 PM

PULL THE PAYMENT BACK AND CANCEL THE TRANSACTION.

If you need further details or WHY I say what I say I will PM you. If not I would HIGHLY suggest you take my word for it.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:38 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
FYI I believe you can cancel an unclaimed payment while it is pending. I know I would do this until I verified the E-mail was correct with the seller and gotten a reasonable explanation.
That is correct, you can cancel an unclaimed payment. I have had it before where someone changes their e-mail and forgot that the old e-mail still showed for their contact: because they were no longer using the e-mail, they didn't see the notice that the payment had been sent to them. Usually not with sellers that are very active, or if they are new to eBay, they may not even realize that Paypal is a required payment option for every listing nowadays and is active by default.

I have also, on 1 occasion, bought something from someone who I am fairly sure died between when the auction started and when it ended. But let's hope that isn't the case.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 10-07-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Don

Cancel the unclaimed payment and contact the seller. It's probably not a big deal. He probably changed his email address and forgot to link it to his ebay account.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:17 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Thanks for the help guys.

Sean, I sent the seller two messages and he got right back to me on both of
them he said that he is registered with paypal and ebay sent him a message saying that I initiated a transaction.

He had 33 sales in the last 5 months with 100% feedback and its only
a $27 transaction do you still think I should cancel right away? (I sent paypal
an email and wanted to wait to here back from them)
Old 10-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Brock

I'm having a problem with a item that I bought. I paid for it but says it was unclaimed. But the seller is using the correct email and they even sent me a paypal invoice and I also paid that way. But it still says unclaimed. Any idea what the seller is doing wrong?

Last edited by yanks12025; 10-19-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:39 PM

I had the same thing happen with an item I bought on ebay about a month ago. I'm sure it's fine.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:04 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Brock,

The seller got back to me and said that he had used turbo lister and it
was sent to his default email in his paypal slot.

I had to cancel the payment and he relisted the card (was a BO).

I did receive the card in a few days after everything got straightened
out.

You might want to send the seller a message and ask him if his paypal
email is correct.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:42 PM

To Pat: I suppose it doesn't much matter on a $27 transaction (sorry it took me a month to get back with you!!) I was figuring it was much more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
I'm having a problem with a item that I bought. I paid for it but says it was unclaimed. But the seller is using the correct email and they even sent me a paypal invoice and I also paid that way. But it still says unclaimed. Any idea what the seller is doing wrong?
Unclaimed means that the paypal is not actually registered with paypal - you can receive and send payment to any e-mail address before but basically in this circumstance it means you literally get the e-mail from paypal and access it that way you cannot log into the paypal website with a normal login.

I am always leery whenever anything unclaimed happens, but mistakes do happen - noted later in this thread turbo lister uses the default e-mail... I always have this problem when setting it up on a new computer.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
To Pat: I suppose it doesn't much matter on a $27 transaction (sorry it took me a month to get back with you!!) I was figuring it was much more than that.

Unclaimed means that the paypal is not actually registered with paypal - you can receive and send payment to any e-mail address before but basically in this circumstance it means you literally get the e-mail from paypal and access it that way you cannot log into the paypal website with a normal login.

I am always leery whenever anything unclaimed happens, but mistakes do happen - noted later in this thread turbo lister uses the default e-mail... I always have this problem when setting it up on a new computer.
The seller ended up doing something and now the payment is claimed. So I should be fine but thanks everyone for the advice, never seen unclaimed paypal before.