NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-05-2019, 09:45 AM
chris

Default Program, Scorebook and Scorecard Variations

Does anyone have variations of a program, scorebook or scorecard that has the same basic design? As you can see here, one appears to be a stylized photo of Moran and the other is an illustration. There's also some subtle differences in the layout and one has a team photo and the other does not. Which leads me to believe the one without the photo (left), is very early in the season and possibly Opening Day while the other does not or it's a printers proof. In addition, I've seen a handful of the illustrated cover style over the years but this is the only photo style I've ever come across. Thoughts on the subject are welcome...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1920 reds scorebook(2).jpg (76.8 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg 1920 reds scorebbok(3).jpg (75.9 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg 1920 reds scorebook(1).jpg (77.5 KB, 270 views)
Old 10-05-2019, 11:02 AM

Yes,
I have seen these types of variations before in the 1900 to 1920 time era. Experience shows most teams used the same program design throughout the season and printed new lineup sheets for each game or each home series.

However I have seen variations to this. I dont have any images handy but I have seen the following in Chicago Cubs programs

1) 1906 home program is a full color cover but I saw a variation that was solid green instead of color. Same exact images on front but not printed in color.

2) 1921 to 1926 cubs programs have the same basic cover design but there is a 1921 variation I have that has an image of Alexander on the cover.

Also, one way to tell that programs are very early in the season is that certain advertisement sections will be blank.

Another anomaly that pops up is that in New York and Boston programs would be reused for teams in the same city. I have seen Boston Braves programs that had lineup cards for the Red Sox versus another american league opponent. Game took place at Fenway but a braves program used. Have also seen the same with Giants and Dodgers programs.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:20 AM
©hri$ $€X₮ŘΝ

I was looking through my collection and found these. I don't have the dates of the games though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7947.jpg (79.7 KB, 136 views)

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 10-27-2019, 06:18 AM
chris

Cool stuff. Thanks, fellas.