NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2014, 03:48 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Because I've been too lazy

or maybe too busy, I haven't posted any cards in the pick-up threads since July. But last week, when I passed a milestone of sorts, I contacted Leon and asked permission to start a thread, show what has come my way of late, and thank the board members responsible for getting the rebuilt collection to where it is today.

Chris Browne was the man at the National. About ten minutes after it started, I started getting emails from Chris, and in a matter of an hour or so, there were six new cards in my binder

236 Abstein photo 236-Abstein_zps6e063e71.gif

237 Doyle photo 237-Doyle_zps28a49dd5.gif

238 Evers photo 238-Evers_zps3a44a0e8.gif

239 Gibson photo 239-Gibson_zpsbbce4685.gif

240 Herzog photo 240-Herzog_zps5a2aab53.gif

241 Schulte photo 241-Schulte_zps54ea7fc8.gif

The next five were all eBay pick-ups, the last three all from John Taylor of TnT Collectibles

242 Chesbro photo 242-Chesbro_zpsd08cf20a.gif

243 Rucker photo 243-Rucker_zpsfb1b8dcb.gif

244 Abstein photo 244-Abstein_zps4804deb9.gif

245 Charles photo 245-Charles_zpsdab7b859.gif

246 Gilbert photo 246-Gilbert_zps92a89678.gif

David Hobson from here on the board agreed to part with the Lundgren he had for several years. I can trace it back to as far as the Mastro auction that had a near set that had 50 of the cards with Howe's stamp on the back. Jim Schnieder won it from Mastro, and David got it from Jim on eBay. David was kind enough to let it join the others.

247 Lundgren photo 247-Lundgreen_zps8f90be0f.gif

Another eBay purchase here, but a bit of a biggie....

248 Mathewson photo 248-Mathewson_zps29662941.gif

Joe Yanello (joesvintagesportscards.com) has been great about contacting me when a card with the stamp on the back comes into his inventory. I get an email, with a fair asking price, and in a couple of days, the card is back with the rest. Thank, Joe.

249 Merkle photo 249-Merkle_zpsadca99f9.gif

Then about a week ago, a board member who wishes to remain anonymous contacted me, as he has several times, to let me know he had come across a couple of cards. Again, a fair asking price and a couple days wait for the post office to deliver and numbers 250 and 251 in the rebuilt collection arrived.

250 Hartsel photo 250-Hartsel_zps06c7d2e7.gif

251 Merkle photo 251-Merkle_zps4baf4fc0.gif

250 (or rather 251) is so many more than I ever thought I would come across in a lifetime of looking for these. Much of that is thanks to members of this board who have taken an interest in keeping an eye out for them and letting me know when they see them.

There are another 38 out there that I know of, and who knows how many more that are just hiding in collections somewhere. But again, thanks to everyone for help in putting this awesome collection back together again.

Ed