NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 07-17-2021, 05:36 PM
Robert

Mike that is awesome!! Thank you for sharing. I do that as well in regards to only putting one card in. I'm kinda odd and enjoy reading the backs of cards. Some nights I pull out a set i am working on and just read the backs until I fall asleep and have PT in the morning. So many good memories with cards. I still remember the taste of the square gum, powdery yet we still chewed it. Every card was looked at......favorite players or teams being put to the side then (in my case) a lot went into groups with a rubber band around em........there was not grading then.....just pure enjoyment. I also agree that the checklists ......though at the time i may have shunned them are quite essential to the complete set nowadays. Just wish i would have saved the wrappers. Have a few but none from my childhood. If a pack wasn't so high i would get an 81 football just to keep and look at.......but for now....its a pipe dream.
Successful Transactions with: cammb, jim, sean1125,bobbyw8469, vintagetoppsguy, mintacular, rube26105, irishdenny, brick, Robextend,dboneesq, northviewcats, wdwfan, Dhogan, quitcrab, eliminator, Harliduck, tonyo, fetamore, hcv123, Bocabirdman, Casey2296,Aplyon86 Futbowl, pwang100, GoCubsGo32, Sidepocket, jcarroll84, DanP, YazFenway08, 4reals, sflayank, frazier and many others

Last edited by Blackie; 07-17-2021 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2021, 06:30 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
Mike that is awesome!! Thank you for sharing. I do that as well in regards to only putting one card in. I'm kinda odd and enjoy reading the backs of cards. Some nights I pull out a set i am working on and just read the backs until I fall asleep and have PT in the morning. So many good memories with cards. I still remember the taste of the square gum, powdery yet we still chewed it. Every card was looked at......favorite players or teams being put to the side then (in my case) a lot went into groups with a rubber band around em........there was not grading then.....just pure enjoyment. I also agree that the checklists ......though at the time i may have shunned them are quite essential to the complete set nowadays. Just wish i would have saved the wrappers. Have a few but none from my childhood. If a pack wasn't so high i would get an 81 football just to keep and look at.......but for now....its a pipe dream.
Never, ever, anything odd about reading the backs of baseball cards. I did that today while looking through my 1976 set. Just think of them as a large book with each card being its own little chapter, complete with a picture.
Old 07-17-2021, 06:34 PM
Robert

Butch agreed! Never though of it like that also....it is a book. Good point indeed.
Successful Transactions with: cammb, jim, sean1125,bobbyw8469, vintagetoppsguy, mintacular, rube26105, irishdenny, brick, Robextend,dboneesq, northviewcats, wdwfan, Dhogan, quitcrab, eliminator, Harliduck, tonyo, fetamore, hcv123, Bocabirdman, Casey2296,Aplyon86 Futbowl, pwang100, GoCubsGo32, Sidepocket, jcarroll84, DanP, YazFenway08, 4reals, sflayank, frazier and many others
Old 07-17-2021, 06:53 PM
Robert

Have a few hundred 75 Topps i am putting in pages tonight........good gosh this is great. So so far from this set but nice to see it done. Took a label maker and made a nice stamp for the binder. One of my college kids is tying to get the 75 pack and make a graphic.......with her touch on it for display. Very fun now i have my college kid involved. This is cool
Old 07-17-2021, 10:36 PM
Shane

I just recently finished a complete run of Topps sets from 1953 to present including Traded / Updates. It has been a 16 year project. All of them are in albums. I wouldn't have it any other way.

20210712_100829

20210712_100844
Old 07-17-2021, 10:43 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Thumbs up

Now that is what I call a nice library. Congrats on the quest.
Old 07-18-2021, 06:34 AM
Bob F.

Did anybody else look at Shane's pictures and think that he's rubbing it in our faces because he has a box of Card Saver 1's? Hopefully that puppy is insured.
Old 07-18-2021, 06:35 AM
Scott M.

That is one impressive run on Topps sets...well done!
Old 07-18-2021, 10:28 AM
Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhardy View Post
I just recently finished a complete run of Topps sets from 1953 to present including Traded / Updates. It has been a 16 year project. All of them are in albums. I wouldn't have it any other way.

20210712_100829

20210712_100844

My that is beautiful! Like how your binders are standardized as well. Mine are just from Staples and not anywhere near the beauties that you have. I do like the Shelving idea also........now to rent some space in the house
Old 07-18-2021, 12:24 PM
Shane

Thanks for the encouraging comments. I have loved the 16 year project. This is what the hobby is all about for me!

Since we are talking about albums, I have to post a picture showing my Cardinals team set collection. My Cardinals team set project started in 2002 so I have been at that project for 19 years. This project takes priority over even the Topps run.

20200907-085742
Old 07-18-2021, 12:41 PM
Johnny

Very impressive run, Shane, nicely organized!

I have my in-progress vintage sets (nearly complete 60 and 65 sets, 2/3 complete 56 set) in binders. I had started and nearly finished my 60 and 65 sets 15 years ago and suddenly lost interest. Then, like many others, I came back to the hobby during the pandemic. I started a 56 set a few months ago with the thought that I would transfer everything (except for the high dollar cards) from card savers once I had the set 2/3 complete. I hit that mark a few weeks ago and spent a Saturday filling the binder. I don't have as many cards coming in the mail as I did a few months ago, just a few cards a week. This gives me an excuse to pull out the binder and flip through the pages. I'm sure others who prefer storing/displaying their cards in binders can attest to how deeply satisfying it is to fill binder pages, card by card, over time.