NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-25-2005, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Default Leland's Results

Posted By: Donald Johnson

Anyone win anything?

Old 06-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Default Leland's Results

Posted By: Jim Clarke

I was willing to pay more than anyone else in the world on lots#362,747,785, and 789... I do not like dealing with Lelands that much and normally do not bid in their auctions..

Old 06-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Default Leland's Results

Posted By: leon

After I made a mistake (yes my bad) and posted about the auction before it was over I actually won a couple things. I agree with the posters that said it shouldn't be done. Oh well...we all make mistakes...but I fixed it quickly. I got the N526 and that really nice looking E90-1 Young.....later

Old 06-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Default Leland's Results

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Great call on removing the link... I think we should all talk about that topic...

Old 06-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Default Leland's Results

Posted By: Craig Lipman

Congrats Leon and Jim,

Leon, nice Young I was debating hard whether to bid. I'm very suprised at the ending price on both your lots. I don't believe there were any bids on the Young or Radbourn the last 12 hours of the auction. Is the stamp on the Radbourn from the time of issue? Have you seen others with that stamp?

Jim great cabinets. I love those even if they aren't "cards" Very nice additions to your collection and great display pieces. Jim how do you store or display your oversized items? I'm looking for ideas.

I picked up the lot of the two sgc 88 n172s. I guess I'm an unrepentant "slab-head" sucker for high grade vintage material

Old 06-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default Leland's Results

Posted By: Scott Forrest

I'm thrilled - another research opportunity. The cabinet photo doesn't seem to have much to do with the other stuff.

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?lot=1325&auction=505

Old 06-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Default Leland's Results

Posted By: Josh Evans

Jim
We are really making an attempt to correct the mistakes of the past
Let me know what problems you have had and maybe we can correct them
You can email me privately if you like
joshevans@lelands.com
Josh

Old 06-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Default Leland's Results

Posted By: Scott Forrest

One of the coolest items I ever won from a major auction house was from Leland's - accurately described and when I called for more info they were extremely helpful.

This auction; however, I had questions about. The uniform I won is 1910ish, not late 19th as described - I don't understand how they date old equipment, but there are plenty of collectors they could consult and old Spalding and Reach Guides have both team photos and equipment descriptions. It you are running a major auction house, you should have access to such resources. The 'game-used' forum had a thread that questioned some of Leland's other items, but this problem seems to be rampant among the major auction houses.

On the other hand, Leland's descriptions of the 19th century red bib-front jersey was very fair, as was the description of the grey bib-front. I also like the way they kept their humorous descriptions shorter than Mastro's - lively, but not too flamboyant...chocolate brown...licorice brown...buttery leather...makes me hungry.

I don't contact any of the auction houses any more when I see catalog errors, because basically they ignore us or give us a "banning"..ow... The only way to get results is to post in a public forum. It's all about money and they ALL tread that fuzzy line on the profitable side of error. Leland's is one of the better ones in my opinion.

Old 06-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Default Leland's Results

Posted By: John

My first time bidding with Leland’s hope to win more with them, they have a lot of stuff that fits my interests (jazz, baseball etc.).

Jim looks like I was one of those people in the world you outbid on #785. Congrats.

I won what I think has to be the coolest vintage photo of Lou Gehrig ever taken. How can you say no to “Caveman Lou”!

Old 06-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Default Leland's Results

Posted By: Donald Johnson

I picked up the 4 Chicago Maroons, if anyone has an interest in the 2 ungraded ones, send me an email!