NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Richard Simon

Default Story about Mets reprint Santana no hitter ticket

http://metspolice.com/2012/08/21/rep...Mets+Police%29
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 08-21-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 AM

I haven't compared the tickets (as I have neither), but with card collectors it's considered unethical to make a reprint that isn't clearly different than the original.

But as I earlier noted on this board, someone who attended the game could get a notarized dated letter with pic of the ticket before the reprints came out and that would show that his ticket is genuine.

But no, no Mets fan would listen to my sage advice. And who has the last laugh now? Me! A Brewers fan of all people!

Heh Heh Heh (That was my evil laugh)

Last edited by drc; 08-21-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Jeff

It's just a slab away from legitimacy.

More tickets than seats!

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 08-21-2012, 11:36 AM

For the record, I know one Mets fan personally, a native of NYC, and she's very nice. She's never teased me because I'm from Wisconsin. No cow or cheese jokes.

I did once tell a Dodgers fan from Los Angeles that I grew up a Brewers fan. She said, "I didn't knew the Brewers had fans."

Last edited by drc; 08-21-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:12 PM

Default Follow up info on Santana reprint tickets

Net54 member Gary Dunaier reported in a different post about the Santana reprint tickets that he received yesterday. Here is what he said:

"My reprints of the tickets from Johan Santana's no-hitter arrived today.

The reprints are the season ticket style with the Bobby Ojeda image posted earlier in this thread.

The tickets appear to be exactly the same - the account number is printed on the tickets, and there is a barcode. The barcode on the reprints differs from that on the original, but since each barcode is unique, that's not a way to tell the difference.

However, there is one significant difference. The words "SEASON TICKET" do not appear on the reprint. So, thankfully, there is a way to tell the originals apart from the reprints"

I added this info in my post that followed his:

Gary,
That's AWESOME news!

I should mention that some of the original season ticket stock tickets do not say "Season Ticket". Some say "Plan Ticket", which would indicate that the ticket holder had purchased tickets to only a portion of the season, say 20 or 30 games. I purchased mine from one such plan holder and when I checked mine, this is what it stated.

Thanks for the follow up.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Josh Margolin

I will always know my ticket is real because I was at the game, came home, took out the Bobby O tickets and put them in a very safe place.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:17 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Here's an image of the two, side by side, as posted on Flickr by user robardin. The original is on the left, the reprint on the right.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:22 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

How did you manage to get the same seat? I thought it would be random.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:16 AM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

The Mets' press release announcing the reprints, with relevant information underlined by me:
The New York Mets today announced tickets from Johan Santana's no-hitter, the first in franchise history, will be reprinted for fans wishing to secure a pristine keepsake from the historic game. Fans can purchase tickets reprinted on Season Ticket Holder stock for $50 each, plus order and shipping fees. The tickets will be available starting Monday, June 11 at 10:00 a.m. on Mets.com.

Mets Season Ticket Holders will receive complimentary reprints of every seat in their account. An order and shipping fee will apply.

Mets 40-Game, 20-Game, 15-Game and 6-Game Plan and Pack Holders whose packages included the June 1 game will receive a discounted rate of $30 per ticket, plus per ticket and shipping fees.

Plan and Pack Holders whose packages didn't include last Friday's game, will be able to purchase reprints for $40 per ticket, plus per ticket and shipping fees, through an exclusive pre-sale on Mets.com starting tomorrow, Friday, June 8.

The Mets will reprint all 41,922 seats at Citi Field. There is a limit of four seats per order. Fans can select a seating category and receive the best available seat in that location.
(Source)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:30 AM

A reprint isn't a "pristine keepsake from the historic game."
Old 08-26-2012, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
David,
That statement couldn't be more true! Greed is a scary thing...
Old 08-26-2012, 06:43 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
+1
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow