NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-19-2021, 09:16 PM

Default Jason

Hello Jason, now I see that you sent me some writings about the book, I only read the beginning because it is quite extensive but I see that it has to do with González Herrevaria, therefore it is surely very interesting and I will leave it for tomorrow, González was in Havana Before editing The Pride of Havana, on that occasion we could not see each other, but years later a friend of mine from the early 60s, Miguel A. Sanchez, at the time we played chess, on one of his visits to Cuba came to my house To request data for one of his next books, we remember that time when we both worked on the technical part of the World Chess Olympiad in Havana in 1966, as Inspector and I as Prosecutor, of the times I had some quick conversations with the United States champion, Robert "Bobby" Fischer, on some occasions my friends would give me anything for Fischer to sign, and talking about that with my friend he sees Echevarria's book, and he tells me that they are friends, and I had contact for him To through email, with González Hechevarria a few years ago he wrote to me and told me about an upcoming trip to Cuba and that when he got there, where he was going to go first was to my house, but he couldn't come to Cuba at that time.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:44 AM

Default Heberto Blanco

This photo was of a deserved tribute to Heberto Blanco in 1998, from left to right Asdrubal Baro, Daniel Parra, Heberto Blanco, Rolando Sanchez, and Luis Zayas, all of them good friends of mine, the first three appear in the Cuban card collections, I I stay next to Heberto because he wanted it to be like that
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Heberto Blanco Hom.1998.jpg (72.8 KB, 363 views)
Old 03-20-2021, 02:17 PM

¡Hola de nuevo, Rolando! Yes, uploading images can be a little tricky. You seem to have figured out how to do it,
though, in post #52 above.

The "attachment" procedure we were referring to involves clicking on "Post Reply" in the little blue button
(we assume you have been doing that each time you post a message), so that this is what you see, no?

The red arrow points to the "paper clip" symbol, which is probably too tiny to be seen clearly on a mobile phone.
If you can click on the "clip," though, it will produce a "pop-up" that looks like this:

Click on the grey button that says "Choose File," then find on your phone or computer the pictures you want to post,
and double-click on one of them, then click the other grey button that says "Upload." You will have to do that for each picture,
one at a time.

The big problem with pictures "attached" that way to a post is that they are reduced to a small size. So use whatever method
you used to post that previous photo, it seems to have worked just fine! Or, again, you could e-mail the game pictures to us
and we'll post them here for you.
¡Gracias una vez más!
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/baseballgames/

Successful transactions with: bocabirdman, GrayGhost, jimivintage,
Oneofthree67, orioles93, quinnsryche, thecatspajamas, ValKehl
Old 03-20-2021, 05:19 PM

Now I send you an image of the baseball game, if you see them you let me know, the photo I sent of Heberto Blanco, it came out by chance I send the messages in another way now I am going to try as you say.
Old 03-20-2021, 05:25 PM

Now I send you an image of the baseball game, if you see them you let me know, the photo I sent of Heberto Blanco, it came out by chance I send the messages in another way now I am going to try as you say.
Old 03-20-2021, 05:53 PM

This is a photo of one of the times when Monte Irvin was at my house in 2004,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Irvin y Rolando.jpg (73.8 KB, 358 views)
Old 03-20-2021, 06:48 PM
Fred

Roland,

This has got to be an N54 record - one member (with more than 100 posts), has over 40% of the posts in a single thread!

It's great to see people with expertise in a niche like Cuban cards so willing to help other collectors.

Please keep posting!
Old 03-20-2021, 08:42 PM

Default Fred

Hello Fred, thank you for encouraging us to continue publishing, my intention is to help Cuban card collectors in whatever way I can, there are several decades of research in memorabilia, and I have learned something and I would like to continue learning every day, I think some Think the same of you, that you want to know something more, to all those who ask me I try to give an answer as complete as possible, sometimes they ask me by email and tell me to publish the answers through the 2 threads, and I consider it correct. that others might be interested in the topic. I do not know if as you say it is a record since I do not keep that account or that is my intention, I want to help you all in your doubts. Greetings Fred.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:09 PM

Now you have the image of Baseball, there are all the components but the cube with the dice did not appear in the photo, look at the printed names of the players on the cards: Miñoso, Amoros, C. Pascual, Miranda, All the cards have names , I changed the size to see if they come out, you tell me I said you see to send you more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beisbolito.jpg (75.0 KB, 355 views)
Old 03-20-2021, 10:49 PM

Now there is another group of photos of Baseball,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beisbolito1a.jpg (32.0 KB, 345 views)
File Type: jpg Beisbolito 2a.jpg (48.9 KB, 344 views)
File Type: jpg Beisbolito 3a.jpg (65.2 KB, 353 views)
Old 03-21-2021, 05:22 PM

¡Hola, Roland! ¡Maravilloso! ¡Magnífica! These are just the sort of images we were hoping to see.
¡Muchas gracias!

Your message above suggests you also tried to e-mail photos to us -- unfortunately, there is nothing in our mailbox
from you. If you want to try e-mailing us again, please do so -- but the kind of photos you've posted here
are quite satisfactory. ¡Más, por favor!

If you can provide more specific information on Beisbolito -- and on the other games, which we hope to see --
that would be hugely appreciated. Name of the manufacturer or publisher, and the year the game was made?

We look forward to more photos of more games! ¡Gracias una vez más!

Old 03-21-2021, 06:18 PM

Hello, you tell me that you dress the photos well, now you have 2 photos of 3 different covers of 'Beisbolito' and 2 different boards, I inform you that this game had several editions for example: the sixth edition is from 1957, write when you receive them , and I am preparing others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210321_145036.jpg (41.0 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg 20210321_145213.jpg (27.8 KB, 339 views)
Old 03-22-2021, 04:45 PM

Default Jason

Hello Jason, due to the publication of Babe Ruth's book from 1920, I will give you some information, in which interviews appear, Babe talks about his childhood when he was orphaned at 7 years old, when he was interned in an asylum, he describes many things, too Opinions about Babe appear, by Ty Cobb and many of the celebrities of that time until 1920, it is a very interesting book and at the same time a rarity, in the many years that I have been a collector I have only seen 2 copies, now I send you photos If you want, I'll send you more photos and I'll keep telling you. Are you interested? Regards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg El Monarca 2.jpg (43.9 KB, 333 views)
Old 03-22-2021, 05:13 PM

Default Jason

Jason, there are also articles in magazines and newspapers in the USA that mention Ruth's visit to the island, and the great organizer of this visit Abel Linares, for his part Babe replies in a letter that he is eager to get to Cuba and comments on it. enthusiasm of the Cubans, the book also shows photos, there is a photo that is the Ruthermometer, a thermometer, it is a very interesting book, now you have a photo of the book Los 9 Ceros en Cuba y El Monarca, if you want I'll continue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Los 9 Ceros y El Monarca.jpg (41.3 KB, 324 views)
Old 03-22-2021, 06:11 PM

Default Jason

Jason now gives you a photo of something that I think you have not seen, the letter that Babe sends to Abel Linares accepting his visit. Greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carta de Babe a Linares.jpg (45.3 KB, 325 views)
Old 03-22-2021, 11:35 PM

¡Hola, Roland! Sorry to report, no e-mails -- repeat, no e-mails -- have been received from you.
You can try e-mailing photos to us again, or you can send us a PM (private message) through Net54,
or you can just continue posting game pictures here in the Net54 forum (although we're sure
the other guys participating in this thread are sick of the boardgame part of this discussion!).
The bigger the photos the better, although anything you post is appreciated!

Old 03-23-2021, 12:35 PM

Now I send you photos of the game "Baseball with Cards" and its components, I will always write you here, when you receive this you let me know to send you more, greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copia Beisbol con Cartas EME caja.jpg (27.4 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg Beisbol con Cartas EME.jpg (38.4 KB, 311 views)
Old 03-23-2021, 03:17 PM

Hola, Roland -- great! ¡Gracias! Keep 'em coming.
Do you know the year(s) Beisbolito and BaseBall Con Cartas were made?

Old 03-23-2021, 04:46 PM

In a previous message I told you that "Baseball" had several editions, for example the 6th edition was in 1957, that is, The 1st edition appeared maybe 4 or 5 years before, if I find more information I will inform you, later I will look for some more, a few years ago looking for other things I found in a closet 3 boxes with games from the 50s all new and complete, They had never been used, a box did not attract our attention because it had an electrical cable, when I connect it I see that it lights a light bulb that it had inside and on top it had a snowy glass and a few leaves with land and plays drawn to put on top of the glass, something curious. Greetings.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:38 PM

Default Lloyd

Hello, in the photo we see 2 Lloyd cards, from the 2nd series of "Aguilitas" the one on the right has a printing error, many years ago it was mine and I put it in one of my albums above the card next to the Lloyd who is stuck, that is, above Oscar Charleston with the idea of ​​comparing the good one with the one that has a printing error, perhaps one of this thread currently has it. Yes or no?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S. LLOYD error.jpg (43.2 KB, 308 views)
Old 03-24-2021, 04:19 PM

Hello, now I send you images of different boxes of Parcheesi games and different cubes, the dice and the board also change the chips, now I ask you these images that I have sent you on several occasions, what do you do with them, do you use them on the page of games? Greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parchi cubos (2).jpg (60.3 KB, 307 views)
Old 03-24-2021, 07:08 PM

Default Ty Cobb 1910 Habana

Hello, they asked me if they wanted to see the photo of Ty Cobb in the "Tabacos Larrañaga" factory in Havana in 1910, I show them a fragment of the photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ty Cobb 1910.jpg (39.1 KB, 293 views)
Old 03-25-2021, 12:03 AM

¡Gracias, Roland! We maintain a library of more than 10,000 photo references of the roughly 1,500 different games we've catalogued,
games made from the 1860s to today -- games made in the USA, Canada, Cuba, Mexico, Japan, England...
If we get enough photos of enough games made in Cuba, we may eventually get around to doing an article, a "photo essay,"
about those games at our website. But mainly we accumulate game photos just for our own reference -- we're too dim to remember
what every one of those 1,500+ games looks like just from the game's name or title! And often the photos are useful in answering
questions that members or visitors post to our own Forum.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:20 PM

Default Charleston y Lloyd

Responding, days ago when I showed the 2 Lloyd cards, I did it to show a printing error, but at no time did I express that I had pasted it on the Charleston card, I put it above for a photo, you understood something else, now you There are photos of the album as they are pasted and the one from the other day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charleston y Lloyd.jpg (27.9 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg S. LLOYD error.jpg (43.2 KB, 287 views)
Old 03-25-2021, 05:02 PM

Now I show you some loose cards I see the 2 different Lloyd's Charleston and I send you the hit in the album again, the 2 Charleston note that the release is less centered than the album.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charleston, 2 LLoyd, Thomas.jpg (26.0 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg Charleston y Lloyd.jpg (27.9 KB, 276 views)
Old 03-26-2021, 10:22 AM

Default El Sport 1885 #1

Jason, show me two very interesting issues, they are very rare, in the 80s a large number of weeklies were published, the most interesting and most important was according to Wenceslao Galvez in his 1889 book, the weekly El Sport, now I am sending you a Year 1 photo # 1, dated October 6, 1885.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg El Sport 1.jpg (63.7 KB, 290 views)
Old 03-26-2021, 08:42 PM

Default Play Ball

Now I read what you explain to me about the games page, it is interesting, I will continue to send you some photos of games, but look when you publish the photos you must put my name: Rolando Sánchez and also say that it is courtesy of me, Since the photos that appear in my catalogs are registered in the author's registry and the total or partial reproduction of them is prohibited, and perhaps some image that this one could send you in any of them, okay? But don't worry, for my part I agree that you do a good job of the games in Cuba. I send you photos of the game that you sent me a photo of the second edition of the year 1947, but the first was in 1946, when you receive this message you answer me Greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210321_143749.jpg (53.4 KB, 280 views)
Old 03-26-2021, 10:43 PM

¡Excelente, Roland! And yes, if we display on our website or Forum any of the photos you've posted, we will
of course give you credit and thanks. Most of the photos we use are either our own or "public domain," but for
photos (or information) provided to us by museums or through the special contributions of other collectors,
we do always make an effort to credit the source.

By the way, regarding ¡Play Ball! creator Zerpa -- we're unfamiliar with the name. Was he "just" a game designer,
or did he have some other merit -- player, coach, team executive? -- in Cuban baseball?

Old 03-27-2021, 11:39 AM

Buth, Zerpa, according to the reports, is the creator of the game and specifies that he is "Public Accountant" after that information, the registry numbers etc. Now you have the photos of the open game box folders and you can see both, the one from 1946 and 1947. When you see them, you will respond to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210321_144737.jpg (68.3 KB, 272 views)
Old 03-27-2021, 12:26 PM

Default Monte Irvin

Now you will see Monte Irvin in my house, in one of his visits in 2004, seeing some of his postcards and the album of the collection "El Indio" he did not know them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Firmando postal El Indio.jpg (69.7 KB, 261 views)
Old 03-27-2021, 02:04 PM
Al Jurgela

Default El Indio

Here is one of my El Indio cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg One off NL Cards_0075.jpg (77.6 KB, 207 views)
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards
Old 03-27-2021, 03:46 PM

Default Al

Hi Al, I see that you have a good Irvin card, none has appeared for a long time, what you are looking for take note, if something appears I will inform you. Al, I'm not V ..... C .... but we've known each other for more than 30 years, but V ..... is not the name you say. Greetings.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:55 AM

Default Ernesto Morillaa

Hello, now I show you a photo of the player Ernesto Morillas in my house, with a color photo signed by all the Cienfuegos players in 1949, in which Morillas appears as a member of the team, he also played in Havana, the International League from Florida, etc, he was a great friend of mine, and on several occasions he visited me and we talked about the time when he was a player, for my part I always asked him questions and told me baseball anecdotes in those years, several years ago Morillas he died in Havana.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Morillas y Rolando.jpg (48.9 KB, 187 views)
Old 03-30-2021, 11:13 AM

Now I answer questions that they asked me in my email and they want me to answer them through this thread. Yes, the pictcher "Ernesto Morillas" has several cards in the Cuban collections, they all appear in my catalog, Montiel 46-47, Los Campeones HC 1948, Victoria Collections, O. Diaz 1949, "Acebo", some of great rarity, now you will see the rarest, Ort. Diaz, and H.C. 1948, do any of those who see this thread have them? Very rare.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1948. Morillas Havana Cubans.jpg (42.7 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg Morillas Ortop. Diaz.jpg (39.0 KB, 183 views)
Old 03-30-2021, 01:37 PM
Jeff Lowe

Default Amazing! BuenoTrabaho !

I’d would love to see a specialized book on Cuban Tobacco Stamps .
Old 03-30-2021, 05:13 PM

Default Jeff

Hello Jeff, in your message you tell me about the book of tobacco rings, that is the theme of the "Vitolfilia", which covers everything related to the wrappers of the cigars and their boxes, that is a topic that I know well, at the end From the 1980s and early 90s, my research appeared in the specialized magazine in Spain, it covers many topics, now I need you to give me a detailed explanation of what you are interested in knowing, I now send you several images, of cigarette marquullas 1865 and 1866 with the August almanac of that year, and a baseball theme ring with the face of Cuban pitcher Pedro Ramos, when you read this message you let me know. Greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1865.jpg (30.3 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg Agosto 1866.jpg (35.2 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg Anilla de Pedro Ramos.jpg (41.4 KB, 170 views)
Old 03-30-2021, 07:10 PM
Jeff Lowe

Default Roland ..thanks

That is really quite remarkable . Yes I would love to know more about the box and cigar labels . I know my Father would be quite impressed by your research . He loved this stuff .
Old 03-30-2021, 07:17 PM
Al Jurgela

Default Here are a few more nice ones...

some Punch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1910 Punch_0023.jpg (78.8 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg 1910 Punch_0015.jpg (77.5 KB, 188 views)
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards
Old 03-30-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljurgela View Post
some Punch
That Padron is amazing. He is one of my favorite players. I find it fascinating how different he can look in different photos. This sounds bad but I don’t know how else to say it. When he has a mustache he looks like a white guy and when he doesn’t he looks like a black guy. Little wonder that he always wore the facial hair when he was playing the the white minors in the US
Old 03-31-2021, 10:44 AM

Now there are the 3 most common 'Ernesto Morillas' cards, then I answer other messages in the thread !!! Mendez, Padron !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Morillas C. Victoria.jpg (24.2 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg Montiel.jpg (31.0 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg Morrillas Fosf. Acebo.jpg (58.6 KB, 169 views)
Old 03-31-2021, 12:41 PM
Al Jurgela

Default some other fun ones

Charlston and Moran
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charleston TG_0001.jpg (76.5 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg Moran Cabanas 1909.jpg (76.8 KB, 176 views)
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards
Old 03-31-2021, 02:18 PM

Default Al

Al, I congratulate you for the wonderful cards you have shown and for their almost perfect state of conservation, it is rare to see them like this !!! Mendez, Padron Charleston and Chino Moran !!! Now I send some photos of complete but fractioned teams with Mulo Padron, in 1913 and 1914, and the first registration mark of "Punch" around 1850, that sheet was from an exhibition in which I participated about that Factory more than 10 years. Greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Punch 1850.jpg (36.8 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg Mulo Padron Newark.jpg (43.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg Padron Habana 1914.jpg (62.9 KB, 162 views)
Old 03-31-2021, 03:16 PM
Al Jurgela

Default Very interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland 49 View Post
Al, I congratulate you for the wonderful cards you have shown and for their almost perfect state of conservation, it is rare to see them like this !!! Mendez, Padron Charleston and Chino Moran !!! Now I send some photos of complete but fractioned teams with Mulo Padron, in 1913 and 1914, and the first registration mark of "Punch" around 1850, that sheet was from an exhibition in which I participated about that Factory more than 10 years. Greetings.
Thanks for posting. Al
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards
Old 04-01-2021, 10:57 AM

Default Fermin Guerra

Hello, now I will show you a printing error in Fermin Guerra's card from the "Fosforos Aceb" collection. Notice that you can see part of Don Thompson's card, it is a rarity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fermin Guera Fosf. Acebo.jpg (67.2 KB, 162 views)
Old 04-01-2021, 01:03 PM

¡Hola, Roland! We're back -- pardon our absence from this thread the past several days
(more health problems for a couple of us). Thank you again for the photos and information
that you most recently provided!

We're not completely sure what you're showing us in post #79, though -- the game booklet seen lower in the picture
appears to be the 1947 edition, so are we correct to think the game booklet seen in the upper half of the picture
is the 1946 edition? The black-&-white ballfield in the upper game looks like a schematic sketch for a prototype,
not a finished image as seen in the 1947 edition.

Please continue posting more information and photos of Cuban games! You are a wonderful resource!

Old 04-01-2021, 05:37 PM

Default ButchBu7999

Butch7999, you are right now I see that the image I sent you is distorted, and I photographed it again, from the original from 1946, I took the photo with my Samsumg mobile phone, which is very old from 2013, but it solves and so I I communicate with everyone in this thread, now the picture of the game box is going to you, I have more for you, as soon as you receive this message you let me know. Greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Play Ball 1946.jpg (79.3 KB, 156 views)
Old 04-01-2021, 11:01 PM

¡Muchas gracias, Roland! Yes, now we can better see the 1946 edition.
The bigger photos are always better!
Are there more games you can show to us?

Old 04-02-2021, 12:03 PM

Now I show 2 photos of Monte Irvin in another of his visits to my house in 2004, in one he is seen signing a Magazine "Photos" that his photo appears on the cover, in the other with Belinda Manning, the daughter of Max Manning, watching photos of his father when he played in Cuba.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Irvin firmando Rev. Fotos.jpg (71.9 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg Irvin y Belinda Manning.jpg (70.4 KB, 148 views)
Old 04-02-2021, 04:56 PM

Default Cabañas 1909

Now I show you from the collection "Cigars Cabañas 1909" the original box where the cards came, made in "Pan de Oro" and were printed on lithographic stone, which was used at that time, and 3 cards, one for each team.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cabañas 1909.jpg (78.2 KB, 153 views)
Old 04-02-2021, 09:45 PM

Default Beisbol con Cartas

Butch, you will see the photo of the game "Baseball with Cards" this game is made up of 104 cards, 52 for the Picher and 52 for the batter, in the photo you will see boxes of different colors since the buyer chose the color according to his team, they go the instructions and the game table, when you receive the message you let me know. Greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baraja Pelotera.jpg (62.3 KB, 152 views)