NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-25-2020, 03:43 AM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
He made it to third on the E8, then scored on the E2 (that evidently wasn't scored).

Ugh, brutal.
Was it a bad throw by Muncy or was it a missed catch by Smith? I didn't see enough of the replays to figure out who should have got the second E. I saw Aroz on the ground and figured they were going to nail him. Next thing you know Smith doesn't have the ball and the series is tied. One of the more chaotic endings to a WS game.

What was funny was on one of the replays you could see a maskless Dave Roberts saying "Ah" and you knew what the next word, as he was turning his head from the camera, wasn't "For Pete's sake..."
Old 10-25-2020, 04:44 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Just in case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wjzlC4XNug

Last edited by toledo_mudhen; 10-25-2020 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:29 AM
GaryPassamonte

Why didn't Jansen back up Smith? A lot went wrong on that play for the Dodgers. Now instead of Kershaw pitching for the series win, the pressure is squarely on his shoulders.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:03 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

People keep saying that but I can’t imagine it would have mattered. Randy A looked like he was 20 feet from the plate when the ball bounced away. Can’t imagine it would have mattered. First of all he would have to have been standing right where the ball bounced away to. Very unlikely.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 10-25-2020 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:17 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Mental error on Kenley - stupid pitch.

Error on Taylor in CF playing the ball.

Should Muncy have cut that throw off - possible mental error.

Muncy's throw to Smith, not the best, another error?, or if the throw was good enough then error on Smith not catching it from 30 feet away.

Mental error on Kenley not backing up home regardless if he would have gotten him or not, if he's there at least we'd know if he had a chance to get him, might have made Arozarena head back to third rather then home.

All on one play.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:44 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Ball bounced towards first base side of plate. Pitcher backing up that play
Properly wouldnt have been anywhere near that ball to make a play. Would have had to turn around and make some kind of throw backwards . Wasn’t happening.
So many things went wrong. To make a huge deal out of pitcher not backing up the plate is silly. His play
was lazy but inconsequential.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 10-25-2020 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:58 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Well the worst thing he did was throw him a 1-2 meatball. After he takes an inside strike and takes an outside strike, both outstanding pitches. He comes down the middle 1-2. You can blame a Smith little too, look where he sets up. Although Smith wanted it up. So all Kenley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK1QSkwtQcw

And that finish is why baseball is great, you can have watched over 10,000 games and you see something you've never seen before!

And the look on Kershaw's face.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 10-25-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:44 AM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo_mudhen View Post
Thanks for the link.

Need to find an entire video that shows the WHOLE thing. It takes a few angles to see the hit, the fielding error, the throw Mucny cut, Muncy's throw and Smith missing, Aroz on his belly and then scoring. So much crap going on.

Muncy had to cut the throw. Smith, could have caught the ball. If he did, he'd have had Aroz out.

The one thing that video doesn't show is Aroz on his belly about 30+feet from home plate. That was just a crazy ending.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:36 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Smith hurried the catch thinking he needed to make the swipe tag....and had Aroz not fallen, he would have been correct - Smith just didn’t see him fall and realize he had more time. It’s wild to think of everything that led up to that play, all the way back to Bellinger not playing CF. If LA loses this series, this will be the defining play. The Dodgers continue to be their own worst enemy. I still can’t believe it.

Last edited by conor912; 10-25-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:40 AM
Er1c Sh@rp.

"Double Buckner" lol
Old 10-25-2020, 09:40 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Really I believable. I passed out
Last night but have prob watched the play 35 times this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Smith hurried the catch thinking he needed to make the swipe tag....and had Aroz not fallen, he would have been correct - Smith just didn’t see him fall and realize he had more time. It’s wild to think of everything that led up to that play, all the way back to Bellinger not playing CF. If LA loses this series, this will be the defining play. The Dodgers continue to be their own worst enemy. I still can’t believe it.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:16 AM
Chris Kim
Banned

Would hv been even more interesting if last nite's game was Game 7.

Last edited by chriskim; 10-25-2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:38 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Was it a bad throw by Muncy or was it a missed catch by Smith?
Bad throw by Muncy, 100%. I saw that right away. Three guys touched the ball: the right fielder, the first baseman, and the catcher. The right fielder and catcher got errors but it was Muncy who blew the play. He only has to throw the ball maybe 40 feet to the right side of home plate so the catcher can grab it in position to make the tag (and prepare for a possible collision) but Muncy throws it to the other side. Smith has to hurry, and by looking away from the runner to catch the ball, he's rendered blind on the play. So he makes a quick grab for the ball to prepare for the impending play at the plate, and he was just a bit hasty.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:56 PM

Just goes to prove one of the greatest things about baseball – there's always so many moving parts to watch at once! I had no clue what was happening – did the throw make it, wait, did Randy fake a run to bait a dive, wait no, he's getting to his feet?

Love it!! Hope more people tune in for tonight's game!
Old 10-25-2020, 09:45 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Let's get back to memorabilia, shall we...

Here's a screen capture of Game 4 hero Brett Phillips taking a drink of water three minutes and 52 seconds after hitting his Series-tying 2-RBI walk-off single. I hope somebody got that bottle authenticated!

Game-used, you know... (okay, post-game, but you know what I mean...)