NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-05-2021, 04:35 PM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
State of CA has it spelled out here: https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/#Whe...get-vaccinated

I love that 99.9% of people throwing shade on governors and mayors couldn't manage themselves out of a paper bag.
Speak for yourself. Governors are elected by us, the people, to do the job of running the state through good and bad. If they can't handle emergencies, get the hell out of the way and let somebody else run the state(s). Most Governors excel at grandstanding & making themselves look better, while their state's collectively burn.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

The tracker is up less than 400,000 doses in the past 24 hrs. That rate clearly is not going to get this done.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:57 PM
Pete

My booster is coming up this week. Luckily no side effects aside from arm soreness.

Are you guys finding that Pfizer is more available or Moderna?
Old 01-05-2021, 04:58 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usc1 View Post
My booster is coming up this week. Luckily no side effects aside from arm soreness.

Are you guys finding that Pfizer is more available or Moderna?
The only option I had was Pfizer.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:02 PM
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
The only option I had was Pfizer.
Yeah, I am in California and it seems that it has been 50/50 here. I've been told that Moderna maybe more available due to less restraints (ie temps) to keep the vaccine viable.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:38 PM
Ton.y Be.ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
Varies from state to state from what I am seeing. No uniform set of rules saying who gets the vaccine so no I am not kidding.
Yes each State has its own priority levels/groups that are to be vaccinated first. In Alabama you can contact your County Health Department to find out which group you are in and when you are able to sign up for your vaccination.

Out of the ~ 2M people eligible in AL, ~ 300K have gotten vaccinated (15%)

From those that I personally know that have gotten the shot the most common complaint from the Pfizer version is simply injection site pain. Moderna version symptoms ranged from severe fatigue, body ache/head ache and chills (ie COVID like symptoms) which are due to the inflammatory response. Some people have stronger inflammatory/immune response.

Tony

Last edited by Kidnapped18; 01-05-2021 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:12 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

I am 37 years old and I ain't getting it! What if the damn thing turns into cancer after a few years? Give me the virus instead!
Old 01-06-2021, 12:05 AM
Nick Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubman1941 View Post
I live in East Tennessee and our county, Sullivan, said they would take phone calls starting yesterday at 8 A. M. Well, it took me 3 hours but I finally got a "Leave a Message" recording which was o.k. because I thought they were going to assign #'s like a neighboring county did. Found out later people had been lining up early to get shots and the county had run out of the vaccine. So much for calling in and for people over 75 getting shots. I am 79 and my wife 75. Then in the paper today they said drive up and line up and we will give shots until our 400 doses run out. I have no idea when we will be able to get ours, am going to try the "blind" drive up and see what happens. One problem I see is, if we get a first shot, how long and when we will get our second one.
My daughter was us to join her in Myrtle Beach in May so hope we have ours by then.
Jim, best of luck to you and your wife from the western side of the state. I hope we can right this sinking ship we’ve all been riding, and I hope you and your wife get to enjoy Myrtle Beach when May comes around!
Old 01-06-2021, 06:42 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

NJ started vaccinating prison inmates yesterday. Priorities of the gov are in order. Behind them the elderly and other at risk folks... good times...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:48 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycee View Post
Speak for yourself. Governors are elected by us, the people, to do the job of running the state through good and bad. If they can't handle emergencies, get the hell out of the way and let somebody else run the state(s). Most Governors excel at grandstanding & making themselves look better, while their state's collectively burn.
This was comical...... the people voting these days are for the most part, much more useless and far less competent than those so called "grandstanding" Governors you're whining about. It's morons chosen by even bigger morons... welcome to modern society.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:14 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnp22 View Post
Jim, best of luck to you and your wife from the western side of the state. I hope we can right this sinking ship we’ve all been riding, and I hope you and your wife get to enjoy Myrtle Beach when May comes around!
Thanks. They have now shifted to two sites in the area - still ask for a phone call - but same number - called and got an answering machine - so let another message. Will probably just go to one of the sites and wait and see.
Really looking forward to MB - went there at least once a year for over 20 years until last year. Not just the beach but also a great card shop in Sunset Beach.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:52 AM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
This was comical...... the people voting these days are for the most part, much more useless and far less competent than those so called "grandstanding" Governors you're whining about. It's morons chosen by even bigger morons... welcome to modern society.
Oh really Brent?! I was responding to the guy who thinks almost 100% of us can't run our lives & need the government to tell us what to do. THAT is comical. I live in NJ where a clown presides over the state. Has a crap eating grin on his face when he announces yet another absurd round of taxes & restrictions on the citizens of the state.

I agree there are a lot of clueless voters out there. They are the ones voting for increased government in our lives. They are the ones who will be eyeing our collectibles for larger taxation as if we should be punished for our hobbies.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:53 AM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
NJ started vaccinating prison inmates yesterday. Priorities of the gov are in order. Behind them the elderly and other at risk folks... good times...
AMEN (not Awomen..). Leadership & common sense in NJ is lacking.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:20 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycee View Post
Oh really Brent?! I was responding to the guy who thinks almost 100% of us can't run our lives & need the government to tell us what to do. THAT is comical. I live in NJ where a clown presides over the state. Has a crap eating grin on his face when he announces yet another absurd round of taxes & restrictions on the citizens of the state.

I agree there are a lot of clueless voters out there. They are the ones voting for increased government in our lives. They are the ones who will be eyeing our collectibles for larger taxation as if we should be punished for our hobbies.
Sadly, this will be happening very soon.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:22 PM
Todd Schultz

Clearly the sky is falling.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:43 AM
Bob McLean

I'm 72, my wife is 65, we have both had Covid contracted in late October. We kicked it fairly easily, although I had a bit of fatigue and had a very hard time moving my inventory to shows as I was out of sorts and had trouble with moving the heavier items. It got easier on the second show and is getting progressively better. I have no idea when I will get the vaccine, but I have no doubt that I will take it in my turn. I have two brothers who work in hospitals and a son in law who does as well. They will all be having their second shot next week. I have read of a lot of elder care facilities having gotten their shots, and hopefully they will get around to the older citizens living at home at some point.

I am in Missouri, and many of our citizens in the small towns near me have had the virus. I am aware of only one death in our small town, and a few in the next town over which has a population of 18000. I'm not sure if the virus got them or just pushed them over the edge because of other health issues, but some of them likely would have died anyway. As many have pointed out nobody dies of pneumonia or the flu anymore.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:42 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisFlood View Post
"some of them likely would have died anyway."
A stunningly inhumane, heartless statement justifying the death of anyone by covid.

And by the way, please list any one person alive on this planet that statement doesn't apply to. Unless you know something I don't know, we are ALL going to die anyway.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:42 AM
T0dd M@rcum

I am told there are only 227.7 million people in front of me in line. I'd take it tomorrow if I could. Make it today.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:10 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
As many have pointed out nobody dies of pneumonia or the flu anymore.
Well, except the CDC does state that pneumonia and the flu are adding to our death totals: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
But hey, go ahead and listen to the people on the internet, or maybe cable news or whatever.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:31 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
A stunningly inhumane, heartless statement justifying the death of anyone by covid.

And by the way, please list any one person alive on this planet that statement doesn't apply to. Unless you know something I don't know, we are ALL going to die anyway.
I'm not justifying anything. You are reading too much into what I said. I'm just relaying my experience. I have a right to my opinion. You may interpret my statement based on some preconceived notion, but i would advise you to grow up.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:38 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
I'm not justifying anything. You are reading too much into what I said. I'm just relaying my experience. I have a right to my opinion. You may interpret my statement based on some preconceived notion, but i would advise you to grow up.
I agree with Bob. Folks are reading too much into this. There is nothing heartless in what he said at all. As much as we wish it didn't happen and want to prevent it, people die every day for a variety of reasons. That's all he was saying. No need to justify anything.

Last edited by glchen; 01-07-2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:50 PM
Todd Schultz

"As much as we wish it didn't happen and want to prevent it, people die every day for a variety of reasons."
So true.

This today:
"(CNN)The United States reported 3,865 Covid-19 deaths on Wednesday, the highest number of deaths reported in a single day since the pandemic began.

The nation's death toll as of Thursday stands at more than 362,000, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, while the number of people who have been infected has topped more than 21.3 million."

So yeah, carry on, nothing to see here.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:49 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Nobody believes in fate anymore

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 01-07-2021, 04:10 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Got the vaccine yesterday. My company is considered essential/front line because we work in hospitals all the time and do IT for them. Bit of soreness in my arm - not much - but that's about it. Go back in 4 weeks to get my 2nd dose. Coworker has arm pain as well but his is severe. That's about it for side effects from the people I've talked to.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:16 PM
Michael

Quote:
OK, "justifying" was a poor choice of words. How about this:

A stunningly inhumane, heartless, insensitive statement dismissing the death of anyone by covid.

And yes, I agree, you do have a right to your opinion. Just like I have a right to my opinion, right? Finally, I would advise you to heed your own advice.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:08 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
OK, "justifying" was a poor choice of words. How about this:

A stunningly inhumane, heartless, insensitive statement dismissing the death of anyone by covid.

And yes, I agree, you do have a right to your opinion. Just like I have a right to my opinion, right? Finally, I would advise you to heed your own advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (19.5 KB, 177 views)
Old 01-07-2021, 07:49 PM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

I work at a hospital and I got my first dose on Monday. I had an extremely sore arm for 1-2 days and a temperature of 99 - 100 for about 12-24 hours. Technically not a fever but not normal. Still worth it. I’d rather get a fever from a vaccine than from Covid. I am the one in the family that always gets mild fevers from a cold or other illnesses, so not surprising. If anything, that is telling that my body is responding to the vaccine appropriately. Stay safe!
Old 01-07-2021, 09:13 PM
Ed

Here in AZ they are giving appointments starting Monday for those of us 75+. Just made the cutoff. My wife still works part time in my former dental practice and therefore will be getting her first vaccine on Monday. Interestingly the lady who bought my dental practice and my daughter-in-law who is a nurse have no intention of getting the vaccine. Go figure.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:42 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

-deleted

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-

Last edited by Casey2296; 01-08-2021 at 05:22 AM.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:36 AM
Tony. Biviano

Wait and see once Biden is Prez the reporting of COVID death numbers will diminish
Old 01-08-2021, 09:07 AM
Jay Zimmerman

I'm over 75 and my wife is over 70. We are in Palm Beach County Florida. I have the same chance getting the vaccine as winning the lottery. My friends that have gotten it or are waiting for their date have gone out of the county and as far as Vero Beach to get it. Its chaos

Last edited by JayZim13; 01-08-2021 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
Wait and see once Biden is Prez the reporting of COVID death numbers will diminish
Absolutely!!!
Old 01-08-2021, 09:40 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Graham View Post
Absolutely!!!
I would hope the numbers go down in the future. The vaccine should really help.
Old 01-08-2021, 12:15 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I'm not sure that is what he meant, but it isn't what he said. Please reread. That said, I agree with your statement as well.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:02 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
Your Governor moved people 65 or over to a slot above what the CDC said to do. That includes you, you should be grateful to Governor. There are problems but each day they are making improvements Keep safe.
I will be sure to keep the Governor in my prayers.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:32 PM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Vaccine should hopefully help a lot. Especially when more doses are released, a more coordinated national effort is made, and the months start warming up. That being said, people have to get the vaccine for it to be helpful. That is step one. And once they get the vaccine they still need to do the 3 w's, as someone can still get infected and pass along the virus even if they are vaccinated. stay safe!
Old 01-09-2021, 07:39 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Not a surprising response coming from the person who doesn't care that 369,000, and counting, people in this country have died from covid.

Remember this?

Quote:
We are going to risk all this for 93 deaths since December, and yes I know its going to go up, to what 200, 500, 1000, who cares.
Let's update that shall we?

"... and yes, I know its going to go up, to what 200, 500, 1000, 369000, 450000, who cares."

More than 369,000 deaths from covid, the majority of which could have been prevented with the proper precautions, and Paul and his ilk say, "lighten up," "who cares," "they were going to die anyway," and "fate."
Old 01-09-2021, 07:46 AM
Michael

Back on topic, I'm scheduled to get my covid vaccination on Monday afternoon. I'm in the over 65 group and qualified to get it according to the state's guidelines. But, I'm actually getting it through my dad's assisted living facility as an essential care giver to my 90 year old dad. My wife, who is a few years older than me, still has not been able to get it nor has she even been able to schedule to get it.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:48 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Not a surprising response coming from the person who doesn't care that 369,000, and counting, people in this country have died from covid.

Remember this?

Let's update that shall we?

"... and yes, I know its going to go up, to what 200, 500, 1000, 369000, 450000, who cares."

More than 369,000 deaths from covid, the majority of which could have been prevented with the proper precautions, and Paul and his ilk say, "lighten up," "who cares," "they were going to die anyway," and "fate."
I got your 300K and raise you 400K:

"Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day."

Thread was about the vaccine, quit hijacking it with Covid could have been prevented. Look at every country in the world, nobody prevented it.

Everyone get their vaccine, that's how you prevent it and the 3 W's (all while shutting NOTHING down).

This is my last comment on this, but I'm sure you will need the last word as always, have at it. Now I'm off to workout at my gym(w/mask on), then pick up some food on the way to watching Football w/friends (in empty stadiums, BOOOOOO!!!!)

Good day!

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 01-09-2021 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:11 AM
Michael

You know Paul, if you didn't post such stupid, ignorant, wrong statements, I wouldn't need to respond.

Quote:
"Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day."
(1) You don't care about people's deaths. 369,000 covid deaths, to date, and your response, "Who cares?" Right? I doubt you actually care about the deaths attributed to cigarette smoking.

(2) Covid deaths/smoking deaths. Apples/oranges. Smoking is a choice. If you want to take the risk and eventually die from smoking cigarettes, that is YOUR choice. How do you minimize deaths to secondhand smoke? Prevent smoking in public places, that is the law in many parts of this country. DESPITE the objections of "personal freedom" and "government overreach" from a certain group of people.

Quote:
Thread was about the vaccine, quit hijacking it with Covid could have been prevented. Look at every country in the world, nobody prevented it.
Who said anything about preventing covid? I talked about preventing deaths due to covid. Isn't that what others in this thread are talking about? I mean, nobody is talking about other things, such as deaths from cigarette smoking, right? Oh, yeah, never mind.

Quote:
This is my last comment on this
Great! Now I won't feel compelled to respond to your myopic view on the subject.