NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-05-2021, 04:52 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
When you get you’re package I expect you to not apologize to the sender for this fairly dramatic presentation.

I expect you to bash him for not responding to you fast enough or at all.... during a global pandemic with the USPS short staffed experiencing extra volume during the holidays.
So his package was lost in the USPS system for over 30 days, he emailed the seller more than once and the seller ignored his emails and you think he doesn't have a legitimate beef?
Old 01-05-2021, 05:06 PM

Default No

You can defend you’re friend all you want. He didn’t respond. I get it. The seller doesn’t have anymore information than the buyer. The usps portal had the info. Both parties had access to the same information. The seller doesn’t have magic bottle.

Patience was needed based upon the circumstances and any reasonable person would recognize that.

Not to pile on... the seller was recovering from
Brain surgery.

The fact that you and the buyer pile on is frankly disturbing.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:41 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I just got a card today I bought from the Net54 BST board. It was shipped on Nov.30th. I forgot about it until it showed up. Thankfully the seller was honest and shipped it.
Geez, that's nuts.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:44 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I can't blame people for getting nervous. I mailed maybe $2,000 worth of cards to someone in a small priority mail box and when it fell off the radar for 2 weeks I was apoplectic. It is a bit terrifying. And for heaven's sake don't blame the seller.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:57 PM

Proper action for an item not stolen from the US Postal Service is first for the Post Office to check its system. At 7:10 p.m. EST time tonight, Audra tried calling me from the Congra, NY post office. I did not recognize the phone number because it isn't a regular phone number that I use, i.e. 845-268-8742. At 7:11 p.m. EST, the call was received again and wondering if this was a SPAM call, I coughed into the line. Audra identified herself much to my delight given this matter and indicated that item 9500115895080326668817 was delivered at 3:30 p.m. EST today to the address. My notification from the customer? Zip.

Here's the page from the USPS:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...95080326668817

No theft.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:14 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
You can defend you’re friend all you want. He didn’t respond. I get it. The seller doesn’t have anymore information than the buyer. The usps portal had the info. Both parties had access to the same information. The seller doesn’t have magic bottle.

Patience was needed based upon the circumstances and any reasonable person would recognize that.

Brain surgery.

You left out that the seller was still posting on the board while not responding to the buyer trying to contact him and that the buyer had been told by someone at the USPS (apparently incorrectly) that the package had been stolen based on what she could tell. Yes, the seller had health issues, but the buyer was not aware of that when he tried to contact him, and if the seller was able to keep posting here, a simple response to the buyer would have likely prevented this thread from ever having been started.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
BS, there are many of us on this forum that guarantee the card(s) they sell will be delivered or a refund will be given.
'me!'

*PRIORITY MAIL FULLY INSURED AND/OR YOUR MONEY BACK ~

*EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CARD!

i've had maybe 2 bad transactions in the 21 years i've been here...
one included a $15 lost check in the Mail... from when i was working in Iraq.

The other? i'm sure someone might inform me of the tragedy...
& "i'd Still Make it Right Today!"

Now... When Brian(Hey there Brian, my prayers are with You Sir!) has Paid Back ToppsAholic... i'm Sorry, what was this guys name AGaiN!?!?

Anyways... when the Card does Show up, Will He Return Brian's Money & Keep the Card? Return the Card(because it has this Stinky Stuff on it!) & Keep the Money? Or!?!?

"Side Bar Your Honor"... *Where is Your Compassion Dude ~ ?

Send me Your Paypal Address and i'll pay You back myself ~ "Truly!"
Old 01-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:

Brain surgery.

First off, I don't know the OP.

Second, the seller didn't tell the buyer he was ill, I guess he supposed to be a mind reader?

I'll say it again, if the seller had answered one email saying "I'm sorry its delayed, I'm ill at the moment. I'll look into it" This whole thing could've been avoided.

I'm not saying Brian is looking to scam anyone but I have been ripped off before and the first red flag is the seller ghosts you. It wasn't unreasonable that the buyer was worried.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:05 PM

Check your pm Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn View Post
Proper action for an item not stolen from the US Postal Service is first for the Post Office to check its system. At 7:10 p.m. EST time tonight, Audra tried calling me from the Congra, NY post office. I did not recognize the phone number because it isn't a regular phone number that I use, i.e. 845-268-8742. At 7:11 p.m. EST, the call was received again and wondering if this was a SPAM call, I coughed into the line. Audra identified herself much to my delight given this matter and indicated that item 9500115895080326668817 was delivered at 3:30 p.m. EST today to the address. My notification from the customer? Zip.

Here's the page from the USPS:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...95080326668817

No theft.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:06 PM

Thank you, Larry. All good.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:12 PM

Default All good

Thanks for responding to my pm Brian! So everyone knows, we’re all good.