NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-23-2019, 06:23 AM
Bradley

Default Posting Pictures --- could use some advice

Hello, newer to the board. Absolutely great resource so thank you! I have been selling and trading but I know I'm doing it inefficiently by posting something like...

"This card for sale. PM me please with email so I can send pictures"

So in short, what is the best way to capture the cards picture so I'm able to successfully upload it to the thread? I think my phone snapshots are just too large of files.

Thanks a lot for advance,
Brad

Last edited by thanksjoe; 11-23-2019 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:55 AM
Ge0rge Tr0end1e

Scan the card to your desk top (or any other computer with wireless (or wire) connection to your printer/scanner). Crop/edit the image and save it as a file that is then attachable/transferable like any other file.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:14 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Don't upload on this site. Upload to one of your personal webpages like facebook or twitter or instagram or something else instead. Then they'll be housed where you can link to them at full or medium resolution.
Once your picture is uploaded, right click on it from your browser and select "Open image in new window."
At the top of that window will be the URL (web link) of your picture. Copy the web link by highlighting the entire thing and click "CTRL" and "C" at the same time. Then come into the post you're creating here and click the picture button above the text area, which looks like a mountain and moon with a yellow background. Remove the pre-loaded "http://" and paste in your full URL by pressing "CTRL" and "V" at the same time. Then click OK. The message board will then show your image in the post.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:42 AM
Bradley

Thank you!
Old 11-23-2019, 09:07 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoPoto View Post
Scan the card to your desk top (or any other computer with wireless (or wire) connection to your printer/scanner). Crop/edit the image and save it as a file that is then attachable/transferable like any other file.
Because a majority of pics show up sideways from phones, I've found to edit it them directly on your phone first. Simply do a rotation or something that is easy then save them in their proper position before uploading them.

Also, if the pics are too big, which happens a lot with phone pics, install a free picture resizer from Filehippo or something similar then use it to make your pics smaller.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Because a majority of pics show up sideways from phones, I've found to edit it them directly on your phone first. Simply do a rotation or something that is easy then save them in their proper position before uploading them.

Also, if the pics are too big, which happens a lot with phone pics, install a free picture resizer from Filehippo or something similar then use it to make your pics smaller.
I don't have a app on my phone so I will use my phone to email the pic to myself. My phone gives the option to resize pics when I email them. Not sure what the biggest file you can upload through the site is but I know you can use up to 1.2mb pictures.

I personally use the paper clip icon and upload pics directly from my phone or laptop.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

If you email the photo to yourself on iPhone you’ll be given the option to resize it. I concur with other posters that an image host site is your best bet though
Old 11-24-2019, 04:20 PM
Martin
Martin L.ee

Do yourself a favor and download the Flickr app on your phone.
You can upload photos straight from your phone storage and Flickr will host the files. Familiarize yourself with the Flickr “share” options and it’s the slickest photo hosting option you will find for any web share scenario.