NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 10-27-2020, 03:01 PM
Joseph Mie.lke

I hope I did this right - box topper set for 2020 Heritage Greatest Moments, only 50 made I believe.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/wLtXPHJ
Old 10-28-2020, 07:14 AM
Al Richter

Very nice Joe. Quite a feat

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 10-28-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:22 PM
Phil

I had master sets from 2001-2019 before I decided to begin a 53 Bowman color set and I sold the majority of my Heritage sets. I still have some for sale, but I have keepers as well. I need essentially 3 cards to finish what I would consider to be my "master sets;"

2012 Francoeur color plate variation- it's been on eBay three times and each time I've been the second highest bid.

2012 Pena major/minor league stats back- I've never seen one yet for sale

2015 Donaldson traded- I've missed out on this one as well.

For my 2011 set I've used a green tint #139 Chamberlain, the prices shot up on the non-tint card for a bit, but I haven't actively sought it out as my interest has waned since I assembled and now upgrading my Bowman set.

How many of the particpants also collected the Bowman Heritage sets? They seldom come up in conversation.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:43 AM
Al Richter

No on Bowman here. What exactly do you include in your master sets ?
Old 10-29-2020, 01:21 PM
Phil

It would probably be easier to state what I didn't include as a part of my master sets:

No chrome or autographs
No box toppers with the exception of some of the salesman sample panels.
No minor league cards

What I did include:

For 2008, 2010, and 2012 I have all of the insert sets, high numbers, SSP cards/variations. I have a handful of the color tint variations for 2011.

I have the black border sets for 2011 and 2012 as well as the boxed 2012 high number set w/o the autograph.

For 2015 I have a 1-725 set with all of the inserts, action, color, errors and traded variations. I don't collect the throwbacks or reverse/back color variations.

When I started with 2016 I never really focused on getting all of the errors or color variations. I have nine insert sets, plus I have the black border and purple refractor sets. It is a 1-725 set as well.

Pretty much has been the same for 2017-2019. I purchase the high number insert sets, although I never completed the Aaron Hammer set.

I'm selling the 2017-2019 sets in order to por money into my 53 Bowman set or hopefully to begin a 59 or 71 set
Old 01-05-2021, 03:53 PM
Joseph Mie.lke

The Topps Heritage 1971 updates are out now. Working on the Greatest Moments new series of 55. The most expensive is Luis Roberts, $75-100.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:45 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

I was able to complete a 2020 Heritage base set. This last week I purchased one box of high numbers and was just nine cards shy of completing the set. Only one duplicate.
Nine were short prints so I felt pretty good with my odds on boxes from my local card shop. I love the 71 set and it was my first to collect as a kid so these were right up my alley.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 01-06-2021 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:39 PM
Joseph Mie.lke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimberleycardcollector View Post
I was able to complete a 2020 Heritage base set. This last week I purchased one box of high numbers and was just nine cards shy of completing the set. Only one duplicate.
Nine were short prints so I felt pretty good with my odds on boxes from my local card shop. I love the 71 set and it was my first to collect as a kid so these were right up my alley.
The only retail were made for WalMart and Target.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:30 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicosbailbonds View Post
The only retail were made for WalMart and Target.
High number boxes? I bought one last weekend from a card shop in San Marcos, Texas. Shop owner was complaining he only got two boxes from his supplier.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:34 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

Lol. If I depended on Target and Walmart for cards I’d never have any new cards. I have been to most of the ones in my area and all they ever have are Pokémon cards.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 01-10-2021 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:58 PM
Joseph Mie.lke

Quote:
High number boxes? I bought one last weekend from a card shop in San Marcos, Texas. Shop owner was complaining he only got two boxes from his supplier.
I'll rephrase - hobby is what you bought (the better boxes) and only are in hobby stores. The retail can only be found at WalMart and Target. They do offer different ratios on the inserts. Sucks for me as Meijer and Walgreens had them last spring.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:59 PM
Joseph Mie.lke

Quote:
Lol. If I depended on Target and Walmart for cards I’d never have any new cards. I have been to most of the ones in my area and all they ever have are Pokémon cards.
A lot of talk about people getting the delivery schedules and buying them all right after the stores are stocked. I never saw a series two topps this summer.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:49 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

Smile

Quote:
I'll rephrase - hobby is what you bought (the better boxes) and only are in hobby stores. The retail can only be found at WalMart and Target. They do offer different ratios on the inserts. Sucks for me as Meijer and Walgreens had them last spring.
Hobby or retail it’s just a box of high number cards to me. I don’t know much about all the different box types and ratios. I was just happy to find a box of cards to buy in person offline and be able to almost complete the high number set. Thanks for clarifying. New to the new world of card collecting with blasters, relics, autos, etc.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 01-11-2021 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:04 AM
Tom Fallos

I PC my Uncle Billy Klaus and I am hunting for his Heritage Buybacks. Please lmk if you one you'd part with.

Thank you,
Tom
tfallos@gmail.com
Old 01-20-2021, 06:26 PM
Jeff H

Quote:
A lot of talk about people getting the delivery schedules and buying them all right after the stores are stocked. I never saw a series two topps this summer.
The Target store near me recently put up signs stating "1 box per per household per day". I'm thinking that there were a lot complaints.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:17 PM
Joseph Mie.lke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiw98 View Post
The Target store near me recently put up signs stating "1 box per per household per day". I'm thinking that there were a lot complaints.
The Meijer near me today was stocked today -key word WAS.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:19 PM

I still need the Jeter and Ripken from 2001 if anyone has them....
Old 03-11-2021, 06:12 AM
Jay Shumsky

I have purchased a Heritage set every year that has included, in the last few years, 500 cards (1-400 base and 401-500 short prints). For the last 5 years or so, it has generally cost me $300-350. So far this year, the few sets listed on eBay for pre-sale are selling for around $570. Are cases of the 2021 Heritage cards a lot higher this year than in previous years so sets will be that much more expensive?
Old 03-20-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
I have purchased a Heritage set every year that has included, in the last few years, 500 cards (1-400 base and 401-500 short prints). For the last 5 years or so, it has generally cost me $300-350. So far this year, the few sets listed on eBay for pre-sale are selling for around $570. Are cases of the 2021 Heritage cards a lot higher this year than in previous years so sets will be that much more expensive?
Cases up to $1650 plus if you can find them.

They were as “low” as around $950-1100 shipped on presale. Also sent you a pm.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:16 PM
Rich Klein

Note:

Retail, if you can find it, is already available. Of course, good luck finding these at Wally World., Target etc.

Hobby goes live on Friday the 26th

Rich
Old 03-23-2021, 09:20 AM
Anth0ny B0rzar0

Default 2001 Heritage

I have about 100 2001 Topps Heritage that I don't collect. They were in a larger lot that I purchased of vintage baseball/hockey. If someone is interested, I'd love to trade them for more of what I collect. They are all NM with no doubles and include mostly commons and some minor stars. PM if you're interested. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:06 PM
Joseph Mie.lke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Note:

Retail, if you can find it, is already available. Of course, good luck finding these at Wally World., Target etc.

Hobby goes live on Friday the 26th

Rich
People are having some success on Topps.com. Target online and Wal-mart online.